• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The difference between Theories and Creation.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
God is not natural. Seems to me he would be the most natural thing of all if he exists. The only things that are supernatural are the things that science doesn't understand very convenient. What did I say that was hypothesis. String theory is valid. I believe scientists don't even question the existance of black holes anymore but admit they don't know what there made of. You can have something but not know what it is made of and you can't see it only the absence of it. What about antimatter or dark matter has anyone seen it yet. Seems to me your confused.
There is definitely some confusion in this thread. Beginning with the OP, there have been more "confused" posts than those that aren't.

If you want to discuss string theory, multiple universes, or black holes, you would be better served to start a new thread (or three). If you want to throw in dark matter and antimatter, you might want to crank that up to four or five new threads.

The only things that are supernatural are the things that science doesn't understand very convenient.
Once again - science does not (and can not) concern itself with things that are supernatural. "Super"natural means that something is outside of nature. If we are discussing the Judeo-Christian version of God, then He is definitely outside the realm of nature. Now, if you can talk Him into making Himself available for some tests on a pre-arranged date and time, then I guess science might take a shot at it. Otherwise, science isn't going to even consider the question.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Just out of curiosity...
What would it take for some god other than the one you accept to prove to you that it is god and that you accept a false idol of a god?

Well, to be totally honest, if that were to happen, id think itd be of the devil trying to sway me. LOL Or that i had a bad hotdog.

But seriously......itd take a WHOOOLLLLEEEEE lot. again, im a real stubborn chick. It most likely wouldnt change a thing.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Well, to be totally honest, if that were to happen, id think itd be of the devil trying to sway me. LOL Or that i had a bad hotdog.

But seriously......itd take a WHOOOLLLLEEEEE lot. again, im a real stubborn chick. It most likely wouldnt change a thing.

Do you understand then, why many nonbelievers would take nothing less than a face to face meeting with God himself?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Does your answer answer your question?

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Do you understand then, why many nonbelievers would take nothing less than a face to face meeting with God himself?

Yes. I can truly understand. Again, been there. For me, i was able to learn to see Him in nature Through His very creation. And it was feeling His touch and hearing His voice that brought me to Him.

So yes. I fully understand.

Ethos88

How rude.
You know absolutely nothing about me yet call me a liar?

Source please.

And yes, I do have an invisible dragon in my garage.
Prove that I do not.

The only way I can prove that you don't have an invisible dragon, is if you prove that I do not have a unicorn...bazinga.

McBell

The only way I can prove that you don't have an invisible dragon, is if you prove that I do not have a unicorn...bazinga.
Personally, I couldn't care less if you have a unicorn.

But for some reason, you care about my invisible dragon....

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
fantôme profane;1999114 said:
Actually that is my invisible dragon, I just happen to keep it in your garage. And I can prove it. I have a receipt.

Oh man, this is going to hurt.

To be honest with you, Fantome, I just went in the back room and printed out that receipt. The dragon was stolen, but I needed the cash. The dragon wasn't even mine to sell.

That's right - that dragon is hot.

LoTrobador

Oh man, this is going to hurt.

To be honest with you, Fantome, I just went in the back room and printed out that receipt. The dragon was stolen, but I needed the cash. The dragon wasn't even mine to sell.

That's right - that dragon is hot.

Right... Do you have anything to say about my not invisible printer that happens not to be in its usual place lately?...

McBell

Right... Do you have anything to say about my not invisible printer that happens not to be in its usual place lately?...
Um..
It has been misplaced?

Now I do assume that you have checked to make sure that it is, in fact, not in its usual place and is not now merely invisible....