• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats Created The KKK

Prometheus85

So black woman christians have more abortions then, lol.

Also it dont take much education or take half a brain to know if you shoot the bullet in the pit, out will come a baby.

Ignorant on the history of the Democratic Party and ignorant on abortion.

You seem to believe since black women have more abortions than white women, there is some conspiracy. Therefore abortion is secretly a eugenics plan cooked up by the democrats to eliminate the black population, no matter if the black population has progressively increased!

I know you wanna believe black women have more abortions so you can paint the democrats as bad. But that’s just not true

Who are the 1 in 4 American women who choose abortion?

MikeDwight

There was this guy on Fox News saying
The KKK was founded by a Democrat, had only Democrat followers, was endorsed by Democrats, and sent their members to congress as Democrats.
First, it's important to note that, yes, the Democrats were indeed the party of slavery and, in the early 20th century, the party of segregation, too. But correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the parties switch and the republicans of today resemble the democrats of the past and the democrats today resemble the republicans of past?
As Far as I can tell , anyone that supports segregation (or acknowledgment of many Nationalities even), was kicked out of the democrats again in 1961 or self imposed, with the Dixiecrats again, and they didn't return anywhere or do very well. That's how that looks to me.

I studied the Rite of Spring ballet for Music Appreciation in college. However, I mean the original actual Ballet itself is so meaningful. The Christian Russian Empire is dying. Surely the upper-class, capitalists, anybody in power cannot see a change which involves the direct destruction of Christianity. Look at Stravinsky from the Christian Russian Court trying to do this ballet, he prays for it, he's a very religious man. I mean, it informs me in a visual sense, what was so important to Missionaries in the timeperiod, who talk about civilization, who aren't interested in anything else, when you make a pure essence out of it. There is a time of unacceptable barbarity, of no Greco-Roman civility, in the ancient past of the Russian tribe.

MikeDwight

Nah I'm not with New York Irishman Sean Hannity or any of them. Ha. Well I started listening to Rush Limbaugh as a family joke, did you hear that cigars are good downpayments on buying gold? whatever. Republicans.

Even the Enlightenment Founders, had very few Government forms that aren't Kingdoms. In a Kingdom there is no political party. There are factions of nobles that press issues... Maybe the Republic of Venice deserved more notice. It was a mighty Republic of competing merchant families.

I'm not more broadly read. People take the Democratic party from ancient "Athenian Democracy" or Greek Democracy. That's were there's duties, I'd say. You are chosen by lot, to fill offices, as an upstanding citizen. 100% voter turn out is a goal like North Korea. You owe allegiance to a system of self-governance, self-governance is hardwork.

In the Roman Republic the Patrician class was a class of Roman society. They campaigned in the districts of Rome and across the Empire, and people stood on their shoulders a patrician that would enter the Senate. from 400 bc to 100 bc I think? The Senate was actually more powerful than a Roman Emperor, or the Senate was in a Civil War with Augustus Caesar.

Define conservative? That tells me even with proof you still refuse to believe the southern democrats were conservatives. It’s not you care about facts Anyway.

Stop squirming and answer the question. Define conservatism?

So if a few individuals who most likely were democrats created the kkk, how does that translate to “THE DEMOCRATS" creating the Kkk? Unless those few individuals were the only democrats that existed.

Do i really need to give you a lesson on HOW TO READ?

If i say "democrats created the kkk" that does not mean "all democrats created the kkk". If i meant all, then i would have used the word "ALL".

And if so How did they do that exactly? Did they establish it at a national convention? Or did the state parties fund chapters? How exactly did that happen?

The Democratic Party was absolutely committed to white supremacy in the 1860s. What party is committed to white supremacy now? the current KKK votes red not blue.

All them?

Lol you ask for proof, I give it to you and you dismiss it. Can you please point out the bias and outright lies from the article I sent you. It’s easy to just dismiss something as lies and bias without explaining yourself.

Ya, i give you articles and its ok for you to dismiss them as biased, but when you give me, its not ok for me to say its biased.

In anycase, the article makes bold assertions like trump is racist. They dont prove this.

Regardless if the far right is liberty as you put it.

which party supported for equal rights for the LGBTQ community? Which party wanted to provide healthcare for all? A minimum wage for people to be able to live on? I don’t think it was Lincoln’s party

Repubs are not against LBGTQs. Also repubs are not against healthcare. They just dont believe its governments role to tax the nation for it. It should be a choice.

Also repubs are not against a high wage, they just want to help small businesses.

Your Racism is showing. And your claim? Above? Isn't accurate.

I gave you the % of black abortions from a source. How does that make ME racist? To call me racist is not only inacurate, but downright stupid based on what i said.

I see you must belong to Genuine Christian™, White Supremacy Division.

No

Yes... but "just don't have sex" never works. Ever. However, quality sex education-- which also includes education on contraceptive methodologies? Do work.

I dont think many people today dont know about condoms and birth control. You gotta be living under a rock if ya havent heard of those. You gotta be stupid, plus living under a rock if ya dont know how a baby is born.

Proven time and again: you teach kids about contraceptives? They know how to protect themselves.

What do you call Evangelical Christian Teenagers who never have accurate sex education?

PARENTS
Because I don't have weeks and weeks of basic economic theory to train you in.

Because you haven't paid me the thousands of $$$ that it would cost, at a university, to just bring you up to page one, so you have a chance of a clue of beginning to understand.

And mostly? Because you demonstrate time and again, willful ignorance -- I cannot overcome willful refusal to learn.

You havent answered my question on corn yet and im the ignorant one?

Action speaks loader then words.

Prometheus85

Stop squirming and answer the question. Define conservatism?

Do i really need to give you a lesson on HOW TO READ?

If i say "democrats created the kkk" that does not mean "all democrats created the kkk". If i meant all, then i would have used the word "ALL".

All them?

Ya, i give you articles and its ok for you to dismiss them as biased, but when you give me, its not ok for me to say its biased.

In anycase, the article makes bold assertions like trump is racist. They dont prove this.

Repubs are not against LBGTQs. Also repubs are not against healthcare. They just dont believe its governments role to tax the nation for it. It should be a choice.

Also repubs are not against a high wage, they just want to help small businesses.

I told you the southern Dixiecrats were far right conservatives. You said that’s false they were far left. I gave you proof that they were actually far right and your asking me to define conservatism....why???

If you say the Democratic Party didn’t create the kkk, why do you keep saying "the democrats" created the kkk are able to distinguish between singular and plural?
Also you say now the Democratic Party didn’t create the kkk but in a recent convo you said this

"The facts are the kkk was founded by demacrats and was led by democrats and its members wer democrats. Thats the facts"

Trump has a long history of racism
An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry

Here are some facts about republicans and lbgt As a Gay Republican, I Cannot Defend the GOP Platform

Here are some facts about republicans and healthcare Opinion | Republicans Really Hate Health Care

Here are some facts about minimum wage and small businesses. Solved: How Does Minimum Wage Affect Small Business in 2018?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There was this guy on Fox News saying
The KKK was founded by a Democrat, had only Democrat followers, was endorsed by Democrats, and sent their members to congress as Democrats.
First, it's important to note that, yes, the Democrats were indeed the party of slavery and, in the early 20th century, the party of segregation, too. But correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the parties switch and the republicans of today resemble the democrats of the past and the democrats today resemble the republicans of past?

Yes, conservative southern Christians used to be Dem. People use this argument hoping to be believed.

MikeDwight

So the War between the States was against 1/8th of that US population. The KKK would be 1/50th of the US population at any time at all. And what exactly are you going to get of all these political parties? The Democrats shelter the Taliban? that kind of idea? What they had were some landborders.

I told you the southern Dixiecrats were far right conservatives. You said that’s false they were far left. I gave you proof that they were actually far right and your asking me to define conservatism....why???

Your saying the republicans are the racist party now. You have not truly proven that. I kinda hear you saying conservatism is the racism, unless im mistaken by that perception. In which case, define conservatism in your eyes to me?

If you say the Democratic Party didn’t create the kkk, why do you keep saying "the democrats" created the kkk are able to distinguish between singular and plural?
Also you say now the Democratic Party didn’t create the kkk but in a recent convo you said this

"The facts are the kkk was founded by demacrats and was led by democrats and its members wer democrats. Thats the facts"

Why do i need to keep giving you a dam reading lesson? Go google search reading comprehention tutorials or something.

If i say democrats created the kkk, im saying more then one democrat created it, but im not saying ALL dems created it.

If it was one democrat, id say "one democrat" or id say "a democrat"

If im saying more then one democrat, id say "democrat'S" with the S at the end. Or i could say "more then one democrat". That works fine too. Theres a veriety of ways to say the same thing.

Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for you on that now.

Trump has a long history of racism
An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry

Remember that bias rating site i gave you? Well, for the huffpost, it rates them as hard left > Huffington Post (HuffPost) - Media Bias/Fact Check

Now, why am i saying this? Heres why >
No, Donald Trump Isn't a Racist | HuffPost

So if you have a strong left wing news outlet saying theres no proof trump is racist and this is a fact they say, lol, you better listen.

Also here are 10 proofs trump is NOT racist >
10 Facts That Prove President Trump Is Not Racist

Here are some facts about republicans and lbgt As a Gay Republican, I Cannot Defend the GOP Platform

Here are some facts about republicans and healthcare Opinion | Republicans Really Hate Health Care

Here are some facts about minimum wage and small businesses. Solved: How Does Minimum Wage Affect Small Business in 2018?

Im running out of time, so i cannot respond or read those. If you give me one article, ill read it, give me 2 or more, youl waste your effort. Heads up for next time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but we have to remember that back then the Republican Party was actually the more liberal party with its stronghold being the more northern states in the eastern half of the country.

They were also able to capitalize on internal and geographical divisions within the Democratic Party.

Actually it was both, and we have to give credit where credit is due, and that's especially to the Society of Friends ("Quakers") both here and in England who adamantly opposed slavery because of their belief that all humans have an "inner light". They also stood for women's rights and their right to vote for the same reason.

BTW, Wyoming was the first state to allow women to vote in state elections, and they did as such to try and attract more of them to the state as it had an overwhelming number of men.

Yes, there was a very strong Abolitionist movement which became more and more resolved with each outrage. John Brown's raid was a bellwether of what was to come.

Much less so the Dems after WWII especially. I was a Republican in the very early 60's but switched to being more Democratic in the mid-60's, and the issue of racism was the #1 reason.

Everyone on my father's side of the family had been Republican for generations - from the upper Midwest portion of the Bible Belt. On my mother's side of the family, they were mainly Southern Democrats, although my grandparents moved out to California, where my mother and aunt were born and became liberal California Democrats.

My dad was a big supporter of Eisenhower and Nixon. Interesting thing about Nixon was that he was always bringing up his Quaker heritage and how the Quakers opposed slavery. He also brought up Lincoln's name quite a bit. It's been said that he even talked to Lincoln's portrait at the White House. Nixon was weird.

"When they look at you, they see what they want to be. When they look at me, they see what they are."

Shad

Veteran Member
Ignorant on the history of the Democratic Party and ignorant on abortion.

You seem to believe since black women have more abortions than white women, there is some conspiracy. Therefore abortion is secretly a eugenics plan cooked up by the democrats to eliminate the black population, no matter if the black population has progressively increased!

I know you wanna believe black women have more abortions so you can paint the democrats as bad. But that’s just not true

Who are the 1 in 4 American women who choose abortion?

Go look up the found of PP and her views.

You source fails to account of population demographics. Black women represent 28% of abortion users but do not represent 28% of the US population. More like 7% and that include woman that can not get pregnant.

Your source demonstrates that a lot of woman are irresponsible.

MikeDwight

'the party of old white men' slur on the Republicans shows up over and over. what are democrats doing with minorities, free hugs? I don't know. I don't know what percent of americans you expect can solve their problems reaching all the way to the top of government and some guy hands a ruling all the way back down to you, its a crutch. I'd like to see that. KKK voting records.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your saying the republicans are the racist party now.
It's an interesting misrepresentation of history that Dems use to deflect
from their heinous origins, ie, that roles have reversed. This is entirely untrue.
Dems were pro-slavery. Pubs are not. Dems are perhaps thinking they're
more tolerant than Pubs because of their wanting to hand out social benefits.
But it was Pubs who were more pro-civil rights.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's an interesting misrepresentation of history that Dems use to deflect
from their heinous origins, ie, that roles have reversed. This is entirely untrue.
Dems were pro-slavery. Pubs are not. Dems are perhaps thinking they're
more tolerant than Pubs because of their wanting to hand out social benefits.
But it was Pubs who were more pro-civil rights.

I would never argue that the roles have reversed, at least not entirely. It's not like the parties just suddenly "switched." It was a generations-long process coinciding with overall changes within America itself.

The Dems haven't been pro-slavery since 1865.

As for which party was more pro-civil rights, that's a mixed bag. JFK was no doubt a bigger supporter of civil rights than Republicans like J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover and his FBI were on some kind of vendetta against MLK. And with Nixon and his boys involved in various black bag operations, civil liberties seemed quite a low priority for Republicans.

However, I would note that there was another major switch in positions. At one time, Democrats were considered the "war mongers," while the Republicans were the "party of peace." The Republicans were also more isolationist and xenophobic, at least up until WW2, when they also changed towards a more globalist and interventionist viewpoint.

The peace movement has been largely in the domain of liberals, progressives, and others in the Democratic Party, while the war mongers are/were mostly in the Republican Party. But the Democrats aren't all of one like mind on this, since they still have some war mongers in their ranks.

But then again, the Republicans have no real peace mongers either. At least one can find some hope for peace among the Democrats, but there is no hope for peace among any Republicans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Dems haven't been pro-slavery since 1865.
But they chafed at slavery's end.
Southern Dems had Jim Crow well into the 20th century.
As for which party was more pro-civil rights, that's a mixed bag. JFK was no doubt a bigger supporter of civil rights than Republicans like J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover and his FBI were on some kind of vendetta against MLK. And with Nixon and his boys involved in various black bag operations, civil liberties seemed quite a low priority for Republicans.
I see the trick you're trying to pull here.
Nixon's dirty tricks don't relate to civil rights.
And comparing JFK to JE Hoover is mischief.

Nixon's greatest civil rights success was ending the military draft.
But he had others...
Nixon's Record on Civil Rights » Richard Nixon Foundation
However, I would note that there was another major switch in positions. At one time, Democrats were considered the "war mongers," while the Republicans were the "party of peace." The Republicans were also more isolationist and xenophobic, at least up until WW2, when they also changed towards a more globalist and interventionist viewpoint.

The peace movement has been largely in the domain of liberals, progressives, and others in the Democratic Party, while the war mongers are/were mostly in the Republican Party. But the Democrats aren't all of one like mind on this, since they still have some war mongers in their ranks.

But then again, the Republicans have no real peace mongers either. At least one can find some hope for peace among the Democrats, but there is no hope for peace among any Republicans.
And now we have both parties being pro-war & playing policeman to the world.
Yuck.

Bob the Unbeliever

You havent answered my question on corn yet and im the ignorant one?

Action speaks loader then words.

You lack the basic information to give you a less than 10,000 word reply. Since you are not paying me anything, to correct your severe educational lack? I find I'm disinclined to write a college-level course for you, for free...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But they chafed at slavery's end.
Southern Dems had Jim Crow well into the 20th century.

And the Northern Republicans turned the blind eye to that and supported the doctrine of "Separate But Equal." The Republicans had the political, legal, and military power to stop it, but they didn't. Their attentions were focused on other things. That doesn't mitigate the guilt or responsibility of the Southern Dems, but I see it as a shared responsibility, since the Republican-controlled Federal government could have stopped it, but chose not to.

I see the trick you're trying to pull here.
Nixon's dirty tricks don't relate to civil rights.
And comparing JFK to JE Hoover is mischief.

Nixon's greatest civil rights success was ending the military draft.
But he had others...
Nixon's Record on Civil Rights » Richard Nixon Foundation

It wasn't mischief. It was merely pointing to relevant historical examples of how the major parties were perceived and characterized.

But another example one can look at would be the vote tallies for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia

---
The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

---

As we can see, if we look only at Northern Democrats and Northern Republicans, the support for Civil Rights is stronger among the Democrats. And the Southern Republicans voted the same as the Southern Democrats.

And now we have both parties being pro-war & playing policeman to the world.
Yuck.

Yep. Democrats could change their fortunes by bringing back the peaceniks...and the beatniks - and the hippies and yippies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And the Northern Republicans turned the blind eye to that and supported the doctrine of "Separate But Equal." The Republicans had the political, legal, and military power to stop it, but they didn't. Their attentions were focused on other things. That doesn't mitigate the guilt or responsibility of the Southern Dems, but I see it as a shared responsibility, since the Republican-controlled Federal government could have stopped it, but chose not to.

It wasn't mischief. It was merely pointing to relevant historical examples of how the major parties were perceived and characterized.

But another example one can look at would be the vote tallies for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia

---
The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

---

As we can see, if we look only at Northern Democrats and Northern Republicans, the support for Civil Rights is stronger among the Democrats. And the Southern Republicans voted the same as the Southern Democrats.

Yep. Democrats could change their fortunes by bringing back the peaceniks...and the beatniks - and the hippies and yippies.
I'd never claim that Pubs are paragons of civil liberties virtue.
But the role reversal claimed by Dems is booOOooOOooooOOooogus.
(Be sure to read that last word with a long vowel.)