• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dead Know Nothing

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
all terms are necessary in understanding. i wouldn't ignore a hieroglyph just to satisfy my idea of what another culture should have used in their lexicon
What others do is up to them. But since not all terms are as slippery as 'spirit', and since I try not to speak in a slippery manner, I prefer to choose other, clearer words.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What others do is up to them. But since not all terms are as slippery as 'spirit', and since I try not to speak in a slippery manner, I prefer to choose other, clearer words.

people have biases to feed their ego. it's a word. just a word, it has no power except the power of love/hate that people assign to them.

just a word

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Are we talking spiritually dead or physically?
The thread title is part of scripture in the book of Ecclesiastes.
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten" (Ecclesiastes 9:5).

merry-christmas-greeting-gif-13.gif

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
people have biases to feed their ego. it's a word. just a word, it has no power except the power of love/hate that people assign to them.
That particular word is a favorite for connoting while pretending to denote. So I generally avoid using it. As I said, what others do is up to them.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
mentally dead, or regressing.
Thank you for clarifying for my benefit. I appreciate your time.
I think they can be spiritually dead due to spiritual atrophy that occurs because their mind has arrived at the conclusion they should give up.
I knew a woman who finally divorced her abusive husband. She advised, if your marriage is bad, and counseling isn't an option, get out before you go numb. Once you go numb it is very hard to get back to who you are meant to be.