• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dead Count in Gaza - Revised Numbers

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In my experience, folks who make use of Logic in defense of their wars usually reach the desired conclusions, since their Logic hates the same people who they do.

By appealing to Logic, their wars become Acts of Logic whose correctness may not be questioned, as that would run counter to authority, since questioning their wars is akin to questioning the Supreme Authority of Logic itself.
What's often called "logic" actually isn't.
And there there's the problem of artfully
chosen premises, & erroneous premises.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
There was large-scale bombing that preceded it and ran with it.

Yes, a large scale extremely inaccurate bombing that killed lots of citizens and had to be repeatedly done.

"Severe disruption was caused, but to keep up that disruption, the bombing had to be repeated every few weeks. This was impossible to do everywhere given the bombers available, and so very often production recovered and even improved thanks to the use of double shifts and forced labour. In addition, both the RAF and USAAF faced constant demands for their services in other theatres of the war."

While I agree that the surrender of the Nazis while important, I still say it is important to critically analyze military actions where innocent people are killed.

Israel certainly needs to do respond to Hamas and their unjustified actions on October 7th, but it should not be immune to criticism of how they are responding.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
While I agree that the surrender of the Nazis while important, I still say it is important to critically analyze military actions where innocent people are killed.

I agree.

Israel certainly needs to do respond to Hamas and their unjustified actions on October 7th, but it should not be immune to criticism of how they are responding.

And I agree again.

But what I am getting from some is their blaming of Israel but not the people of Gaza and their duly elected government [Hamas].

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree.

And I agree again.

But what I am getting from some is their blaming of Israel but not the people of Gaza and their duly elected government [Hamas].
This old crap....again?
About half of Gazans weren't even alive when Hamas was elected.
Hamas now wasn't the same Hamas during the election.
Can Zionists learn?
Or are they so fanatically devoted to Israel that they're blind to its evil?

Yerda

Veteran Member
This old crap....again?
About half of Gazans weren't even alive when Hamas was elected.
Hamas now wasn't the same Hamas during the election.
Can Zionists learn?
Or are they so fanatically devoted to Israel that they're blind to its evil?
I guess if we follow their reasoning they must be so full of hate for Palestinians that no evil inflicted on them is beyond justification.