• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Tower by Stephen King

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I quite like it. Though I never got around to finishing the series.
Guess I’m due for a reread

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I absolutely loved Stephen King's two other fantasy novels, The Eyes of the Dragon and Fairy Tale, but I haven't yet tried the Dark Tower series. I'm curious to give the series a try, but I don't know if I'm ready to start a multi-volume series.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I enjoyed The Stand, as long of a read as it was, and other than a little bit of It and Salems Lot I don’t really read much King (my motivation to read in general is hardly there) How many books is it?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I enjoyed The Stand, as long of a read as it was, and other than a little bit of It and Salems Lot I don’t really read much King (my motivation to read in general is hardly there) How many books is it?

King has written dozens of novels. I've recently been binge-reading King's novels, novellas, and short stories, so that's how this topic attracted me. I purchase them for my Amazon Kindle, so I can read them in bed at night, in the dark. Best time to read a Stephen King story (if you ask me). :)

I also like Josh Malerman's novels for a good fright night.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I absolutely loved Stephen King's two other fantasy novels, The Eyes of the Dragon and Fairy Tale, but I haven't yet tried the Dark Tower series. I'm curious to give the series a try, but I don't know if I'm ready to start a multi-volume series.
It’s a big commitment!

Watchmen

Premium Member
It’s seven books plus a novella and short story.

Watchmen

Premium Member
King has written dozens of novels. I've recently been binge-reading King's novels, novellas, and short stories, so that's how this topic attracted me. I purchase them for my Amazon Kindle, so I can read them in bed at night, in the dark. Best time to read a Stephen King story (if you ask me). :)

I also like Josh Malerman's novels for a good fright night.
Any particular favorites?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Any particular favorites?

I discovered Josh Malerman from his novel Bird Box (which was made into a movie -- the book was more frightening, IMO). As much as I enjoyed Bird Box and its sequel Malorie, I think Malerman's most disturbing novel is Pearl -- about a sentient (and understandably malevolent) farm pig bred for bacon but somehow being born with supernatural abilities.

I think my favorite Stephen King story is The Long Walk, set in a dystopian society. It's a novel that King wrote under the name Richard Bachman.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I read them. I don’t have too many positive things to say about the books. I enjoyed reading something that was written over such a long time period. I think the stand is a better piece of literature, and I think It and the Shining were far more influential works.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Highly recommend finishing. How far did you get?
I’m pretty sure like the third one in. The Wastelands.
I was still in high school so it’s been a while.
But I remember being absolutely enthralled. Can’t remember why I stopped. Probably just got distracted knowing me lol
I should do a reread

What do you think of the adaption/s?