• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crucifixion

Sultan Of Swing

So, what are Satanist views on Jesus' crucifixion? I guess different types of Satanists will have differing views, but I'd like to know anyhow. Do Satanists believe that Jesus died for them and it was an act of love by God, or rather was it some plan by God to brainwash people into believing in him? Or, as opposed to all that, it simply didn't happen.

So, what are your views, Satanists?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There are LaVey Satanists that do not believe in God or the Devil, but mainly believe in doing things on how themselves want to do it.

There are Theistic Satanists, and I am not sure if all of them believe in Christianity, or even if some of them do.

Erebus

So, what are Satanist views on Jesus' crucifixion? I guess different types of Satanists will have differing views, but I'd like to know anyhow. Do Satanists believe that Jesus died for them and it was an act of love by God, or rather was it some plan by God to brainwash people into believing in him? Or, as opposed to all that, it simply didn't happen.

You'll probably find most Satanists are pretty indifferent to Jesus as a general rule. Some will consider him an ordinary man, some will consider him an evil man, some will say he probably didn't exist and others will consider him a black magician. Very few Satanists (theistic or not) consider him to be the son of God.

Personally I consider Jesus' crucifixion as being simply the natural Roman response to a rabble rouser. I don't believe it was any real sacrifice (I doubt Jesus would have given himself up willingly) and I certainly don't consider it to be anything divine.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To me Jesus Christ is nothing more than Christian myth, I personally do not believe this person ever existed in historic reality. The myth of Christ could be defined more as a Principle just as are all the gods of all other times and nations. Christianity as a religion is only 2000 years old, and is already beginning to experience its twilight. The ancient Egyptian religions lasted for over 5000 years and were followed by millions upon millions of people over those 5000+ years.

Some say, how could millions of people be wrong, well, for thousands of years every one thought the Earth was flat. During the rise and reign of Nazi Germany thousands perhaps even millions of Germans thought that Adolf Hitler was the savior of Germany when in fact the Nazi regime eventually brought about the downfall of Germany.

I will also again, say this, I as a Setian am a disciple of Set, however, I understand that the Egyptian god Set is the most ancient architype and divine Principle which reflects the most noble aspects of That which I am convinced to be a literal, tangible, ancient divine Entity within the Universe - That which I choose to call the Prince or Lord of Darkness. That which is the ageless Intelligence of this Universe who came to our world in aeons past and who infused within that which has become humankind It's own Essence within our genetic DNA so that It's Essence could be passed on from one generation to the next in humanities collective psychecentric evolution. It is through the powers of this "Gift" that human beings are capable of thinking abstractly and are able to conceive of ideals such as Awareness of the isolate Self, philosophy, religion, science, morality, etc., as well as, music and other forms of artistic self-expression. It is the "Gift of Set" which seperates and distinguishes the human race from the rest of the natural order and other lower Earthly life forms:
To quote from the Book of Coming Forth by Night - "I (Set) am the ageless Intelligence of this Universe, all other gods of all other times and nations have been created by men."

Xeper!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

You'll probably find most Satanists are pretty indifferent to Jesus as a general rule. Some will consider him an ordinary man, some will consider him an evil man, some will say he probably didn't exist and others will consider him a black magician. Very few Satanists (theistic or not) consider him to be the son of God.

I see. Thank you, your explanation covered all the different ideas Satanists may have.

Adramelek said:
The ancient Egyptian religions lasted for over 5000 years and were followed by millions upon millions of people over those 5000+ years.

So, age defines how true something is?

Adramelek said:
Some say, how could millions of people be wrong, well, for thousands of years every one thought the Earth was flat. During the rise and reign of Nazi Germany thousands perhaps even millions of Germans thought that Adolf Hitler was the savior of Germany when if fact the Nazi regime eventually brought about the downfall of Germany.

Hmmm, didn't you just say that "The ancient Egyptian religions lasted for over 5000 years and were followed by millions upon millions of people over those 5000+ years"? Were followed by millions upon millions of people? You just showed that this Egyptian religion must be truer than Christianity because of its millions of followers, and yet you follow up by showing how millions of people can be wrong. :confused:

Adramelek said:
"I (Set) am the ageless Intelligence of this Universe, all other gods of all other times and nations have been created by men."

What about all the other Egyptain gods? Are they fakes, and Set is the only one that is true?

Adramelek said:
To me Jesus Christ is nothing more than Christian myth, I personally do not believe this person ever existed in historic reality.

What about the writings of people like Tacitus and Josephus? They give historical accounts of the execution of Jesus.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dear Sultan of Swing,

:facepalm:Your questions to me seem to show a complete lack of understand of my words, perhaps you should re-read my post. If you still have the same questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability when I get the time and am in a more patient state of mind.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Sirktas

Magician

I speak as a Satanist, not for Satanism.

In my opinion, Jesus's crucifixion may have happened, but most certainly not as it was depicted in the Bible, and that is assuming he actually existed in the first place outside of written text and such. I'm not saying their is not 'proof' of Jesus's existence, because that proof's validity is subjective to the individual. To me personally, it doesn't make sense to assume, even hypothetically, that the crucifixion did happen as it is told. I cannot answer your other questions because they spoken from a Christian point of view that doesn't apply to me, so I'll just say, neither. If there was a Jesus, and if he martyred himself, or got martyred, it was for his idea of what God is, nothing more.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dear Sultan of Swing,

In my experience, debating Christians is simply a waist of time, the debate always ends up going around in circles, and I simply have much more important things to do with my time. I frankly do not care what you believe, xtianity holds no meaning for me, therefore I wish you all the best in your life. I stand by my original post, and I will now bid you farewell as I have piano students I must attend to.:D

/Adramelek\

Sultan Of Swing

I speak as a Satanist, not for Satanism.

In my opinion, Jesus's crucifixion may have happened, but most certainly not as it was depicted in the Bible, and that is assuming he actually existed in the first place outside of written text and such. I'm not saying their is not 'proof' of Jesus's existence, because that proof's validity is subjective to the individual. To me personally, it doesn't make sense to assume, even hypothetically, that the crucifixion did happen as it is told. I cannot answer your other questions because they spoken from a Christian point of view that doesn't apply to me, so I'll just say, neither. If there was a Jesus, and if he martyred himself, or got martyred, it was for his idea of what God is, nothing more.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I always used to think Satanists were people who accepted Christianity as fact, yet wanted to serve evil and be on the bad side. Oh, how ignorant both I and society are.

Dear Sultan of Swing,

In my experience, debating Christians is simply a waist of time, the debate always ends up going around in circles, and I simply have much more important things to do with my time. I frankly do not care what you believe, xtianity holds no meaning for me, therefore I wish you all the best in your life. I stand by my original post, and I will now bid you farewell as I have piano students I must attend to.:D

/Adramelek\
Awwh. Well, nice knowing your views. :D

However, I do have another question for you, Adramelek. How do people who know you're a LHP follower respond to you? For example; your piano students. If your students do know that you are a Satanist/Setian, then how do they respond, and how do their parents respond? Does being a LHP follower ever lessen your opportunities in life, like in jobs and normal social interactions? When you reveal to someone you know that you're a Satanist/Setian, are they taken aback/shocked?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Awwh. Well, nice knowing your views. :D

However, I do have another question for you, Adramelek. How do people who know you're a LHP follower respond to you? For example; your piano students. If your students do know that you are a Satanist/Setian, then how do they respond, and how do their parents respond? Does being a LHP follower ever lessen your opportunities in life, like in jobs and normal social interactions? When you reveal to someone you know that you're a Satanist/Setian, are they taken aback/shocked?

Greetings again SOS,

Now these are questions I am more than happy to discuss with you. As for my professional and mundane life such as my students and in the work place, my religious views are simply things are never discuss with others, quite frankly, it is nobodies business what I Am or what I believe but my own, and if ever asked that is exactly what I tell them. With me, what you see is diffinetly not what you get; I don't wear black all the time or wear occult symbols in the work place. To my students and co-workers I am just an every day average guy.

Of course, my closest non-LHP friends know what I Am and they have no problem with it. As for my parents, well, in my early teenage years when I revealed to them that I was a Satanist at first they were taken aback and were very worried, however, in time they came to accept me for my personal beliefs once they realized I wasn't some sort of sick malevolent baby murderer or animal sacrificer. For me and my parents, religion is simply something we never discuss, after all I am a 40-year old accomplished and capable man.

In the mundane world I wear the mask of an average every day Joe. However, that which lies beneath the mask is the face of my True Self, a creature of infinite darkness and endless potential of Being - a Setian Black Magician.:bat:

For ever in the Black Flame of Set!
Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

Greetings again SOS,

Now these are questions I am more than happy to discuss with you. As for my professional and mundane life such as my students and in the work place, my religious views are simply things are never discuss with others, quite frankly, it is nobodies business what I Am or what I believe but my own, and if ever asked that is exactly what I tell them. With me, what you see is diffinetly not what you get; I don't wear black all the time or wear occult symbols in the work place. To my students and co-workers I am just an every day average guy.

Of course, my closest non-LHP friends know what I Am and they have no problem with it. As for my parents, well, in my early teenage years when I revealed to them that I was a Satanist at first they were taken aback and were very worried, however, in time they came to accept me for my personal beliefs once they realized I wasn't some sort of sick malevolent baby murderer or animal sacrificer. For me and my parents, religion is simply something we never discuss, after all I am a 40-year old accomplished and capable man.

In the mundane world I wear the mask of an average every day Joe. However, that which lies beneath the mask is the face of my True Self, a creature of infinite darkness and endless potential of Being - a Setian Black Magician.:bat:

For ever in the Black Flame of Set!
Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Haa, nice. So, do you believe that you have some kind of black magic power? What exactly is it that you can do within the confines of black magic? Can you tell me anything you have done/experienced in the past concerning black magic?

jasonwill2

i know this is very old, but ill say my bit on it.

I really don't care if Jesus was real or not, or was crusififed or not. I have enough evidence to show me that Christianity is wrong, so such trivial matters are seen as pretty dumb to me.

I reject Christian Theology and The Bible in general, so there really isn't any point on arguing about specifics except when it supposedly talks about MY gods, specifically Satan.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
i know this is very old, but ill say my bit on it.

I really don't care if Jesus was real or not, or was crusififed or not. I have enough evidence to show me that Christianity is wrong, so such trivial matters are seen as pretty dumb to me.

I reject Christian Theology and The Bible in general, so there really isn't any point on arguing about specifics except when it supposedly talks about MY gods, specifically Satan.

I used to make a sport of bible bashing Christians with a bible.. so hey.. this entertains me now...

YHVH (as written in hebrew) or Jehovah means God basically, and Jesus in hebrew is just YHShVH which simply changes the name to mean "Gods Salvation" or "Gods Savior". It is a title not the name of a person -- thus there never was this person. Several other biblical characters have names like this as well... such as Job which in Hebrew means "Object of Hostility".. such names are not used by people -- who'd name their kid's these things? No one of course -- they're bull crap mythological names. The Hebrews didn't invent Satan either they just made the creator God of another religion their enemy because they weren't getting a long so well with the neighbors. Enki, Ea, Set, and others were around before Satan (Satan isn't a name, but a title as well.. Which simply means 'accuser'..) though admittedly they're the same guy.

Hey, the bible comes with a black magic section too.. go read "Leviticus".. Or do you guys just ignore that one because you know... you can pick and choose or whatever... oh wait.. you're supposed to follow the WHOLE book.. start sacrificing those cattle or you're going to fall out of grace with God!!!

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Several other biblical characters have names like this as well... such as Job which in Hebrew means "Object of Hostility".. such names are not used by people -- who'd name their kid's these things? No one of course -- they're bull crap mythological names.
Now, I'm no expert, but from what I know about naming customs in other cultures the majority of them names have involved either a pun or a wish for fortune (nomen est omen). That doesn't mean I'd believe there was a literal Adam (the name refers to dirt), but for me it's not such a big leap to assume that some of the biblical characters have had a real life equivalent.

To the OP: Although I think there may well have been a Jesus, I see him as a mortal man who taught the same other rabbis taught at the time, but at the same time was a militant anarchist. If he was crusified (or hanged or anything else), it was because his political actions, not someone else's sins.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't think Jesus ever existed as a literal person, and him and Yahweh don't really factor into my beliefs. I think the whole idea is disgusting, personally. Just a bunch of death-worship based on needless extreme suffering.

flame93

Besides religion, from my point of view crucifixion is one ugly way to promote love.