• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creationist's Argument and its Greatest Weakness

Audie

Veteran Member
You do realize that all of the evidence out there points to evolution, don't you? That means if the creation myths were true that God had to go back and plant false evidence, in the fossil record, in our genetic record, in fact just about everywhere. Why would you worship a lying God? Do you not see the problems that that causes for you?

It seems to me that our creationist sorts are aware of
evidence, but dont get it that there needs to be some
sort of connection between the evidence and the
conclusion they come to.

"Oh, look, God made this three lobed leaf
to represent the Trinity".

No connection at all between the evidence and
the conclusion needed for a creo.

If it is evidence, be it of anything or consisting of
anything-or nothing-it is all evidence of god.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
NEWS FLASH: The Bible reported millennia ago that skeptics, like everyone else, do wickedness. I'm self-aware of my sin, and acknowledge my need for a Savior.
So singling out skeptics as being "wicked" was completely pointless and the person who wrote the Bible wasn't a very good writer?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Of course you're stuck, since I say there is tremendous evidence while you are asserting a universal negative. You give me 1 piece of evidence from science (or anywhere you choose, really) that God did not create the universe--I'd think you have those in stock as a skeptic who perpetually argues here at a religious forum, and as a thinking person who realizes most people believe in creation despite the evidence you clearly own--and I'll give you my best 200 pieces of evidence that God created the universe. Deal?
And again, instead of addressing the issue, you're still trying to just turn it back around on me. Why is this so difficult for you? You said this stuff was self-evident. It should be much easier for you. You still don't seem to understand that most people don't believe in the same creator and creation story that you do. And you still don't seem to realize the logical fallacy you're making.

I'm still wondering what your evidence is. If you have 200 pieces of evidence, what's taking you so long to present it? How long ago was it that I first asked now? Just saying something is self-evident is not the same thing as actually presenting evidence.
It's not self-evident to me. And it's not self-evident to the millions of people who don't follow your religion.

P.S. You really need to Google "burden of proof." You say the God you worship created the universe and that it's self-evident that this occurred. Burden of proof is yours to demonstrate the veracity of your claim. It's not on me to disprove your beliefs and assertions.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You do realize that all of the evidence out there points to evolution, don't you? That means if the creation myths were true that God had to go back and plant false evidence, in the fossil record, in our genetic record, in fact just about everywhere. Why would you worship a lying God? Do you not see the problems that that causes for you?

Respectfully, I disagree that all the evidence points to an old Earth and macroevolution, however, I know Christians who reconcile both with their understandings of the Bible. Move on.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What "universal negative" are you nattering about? The only universal thing that we notice is a lack of evidence for your God even when that evidence should exist. You do not seem to realize that the reason that there is no evidence that God did not create the universe because non-existent beings do not tend to leave evidence behind. It is like asking someone to prove that an invisible pink unicorn did not tip toe through your room five minutes ago. Try making a proper demand.

Goal post shifting, you are, Yoda says.

Give me 1 piece of evidence God didn't create the universe--or, since you have so much trouble acknowledging God, 1 piece of evidence the universe came into existence via natural causes, and I will share on this thread my 200 best pieces of evidence that God created all. Deal?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So singling out skeptics as being "wicked" was completely pointless and the person who wrote the Bible wasn't a very good writer?

No, respectfully, I disagree. Skeptics are particularly wicked.

After all, I can only break a few of the decalogue's commandments, skeptics can break them all. We can explore the other 603 mitzvot, too, and you'll find the same.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Respectfully, I disagree that all the evidence points to an old Earth and macroevolution, however, I know Christians who reconcile both with their understandings of the Bible. Move on.
That only tells us that your have no clue When it comes to evidence, or should I say reliable evidence. I do agree that evolution is not a barrier to faith.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Goal post shifting, you are, Yoda says.

Give me 1 piece of evidence God didn't create the universe--or, since you have so much trouble acknowledging God, 1 piece of evidence the universe came into existence via natural causes, and I will share on this thread my 200 best pieces of evidence that God created all. Deal?
You have it backwards. The burden of proof is upon you when you claim "God did it" without any evidence. "God did it" has failed time after time. By your rationale it is just as valid to say "Universe Farting Pixies did it".

All that we see in the universe are events that can and have been explained by science.

if anyone is shifting the goalposts it is you with this argument.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I was simply replying to:

ImmortalFlame said:
I recognize that a number of people had a hand in writing the Bible, but on the other hand, people have attributed their words to the inspiration of a single "person," god. And it would be he, then, who tended to repeat and contradict himself (possible subsequent mistranslations not withstanding).

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Give me 1 piece of evidence God didn't create the universe
I think you would agree that...
  • Man's imaginings created Zeus.
  • Man's imaginings created Athena.
  • Man's imaginings created Thor.
  • Man's imaginings created Bumba.
  • Man's imaginings created Shiva.
  • Man's imaginings created Haikili.
So why would you not agree that.