• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The contributions of the sciences to Religion

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Agencies that shut down the programs due to lack of demonstrable evidence of their "powers"

I see no research demonstrating any of your claims. I see research that shows anomalies, methodology errors, bias and wishful thinking

Jack Sarfatti, another hack that had to go outside of academia when he couldn't demonstrate his claims. This is typical for people that can not meet the standards of their field so they abandon the field but still uses their titles as if their work outside academia means anything.
Shad..you are so naive....as if intelligent agencies share their secrets with the public.....the guy in the next cubicle doesn't even know what his neighbor is up too....such is the compartmentalization arrangement that is meant to keep the top of the hierarchical pyramid the only area that 'see's' the whole...other than that it is on a need to know basis..

Anyway yes...Jack did make his claims about being a gifted child who was groomed for bigger things outside of academia......if he was for real, he would have to go out of academia to make his claim...for academia at large knows nothing of this ....for it too is built on compartments....

Shad

Veteran Member
Shad..you are so naive....as if intelligent agencies share their secrets with the public.....the guy in the next cubicle doesn't even know what his neighbor is up too....such is the compartmentalization arrangement that is meant to keep the top of the hierarchical pyramid the only area that 'see's' the whole...other than that it is on a need to know basis..

Your argument is solely speculation and tin foil hat conspiracy theories. It can be dismissed for these reasons as well

Anyway yes...Jack did make his claims about being a gifted child who was groomed for bigger things outside of academia......if he was for real, he would have to go out of academia to make his claim...for academia at large knows nothing of this ....for it too is built on compartments....

No when he was 13 he received a call from a computer on a space ship telling him he was special. He was also told he and his friends would be picked up on his buildings fire escape but it never happened. Typical imagination of a child followed by the typical failure of reality to match his imagination.

Simple, he couldn't demonstrate his claims so left academia for a sector with far lower standards namely popular books sold to the public.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Your argument is solely speculation and tin foil hat conspiracy theories. It can be dismissed for these reasons as well

No when he was 13 he received a call from a computer on a space ship telling him he was special. He was also told he and his friends would be picked up on his buildings fire escape but it never happened. Typical imagination of a child followed by the typical failure of reality to match his imagination.

Simple, he couldn't demonstrate his claims so left academia for a sector with far lower standards namely popular books sold to the public.
Tin foil hat cliches are used by the authorities to ridicule authentic reports on the arcane events that the authorities do not want the public to take sincerely...this is SOP and the MSM are the willing mouth piece.. That you and Jimmie can not see this is extraordinary. Are there ridiculous conspiracy theories around? Absolutely...in every field....UFOs, PSI, Religion, etc...but to write off every single report on these subjects because of 90% plus bogus claims is closing your mind to that actual 1 or 2 in a hundred that are real. Same for the individual...Jack Sarfatti has made extraordinary claims that may be more imagined than real.... (I am of the opinion that all psychic stages are unstable to some extent...especially if the cut in suddenly)....but that does not mean that some his claims are imagined...

Shad

Veteran Member
Tin foil hat cliches are used by the authorities to ridicule authentic reports on the arcane events that the authorities do not want the public to take sincerely...this is SOP and the MSM are the willing mouth piece.. That you and Jimmie can not see this is extraordinary. Are there ridiculous conspiracy theories around? Absolutely...in every field....UFOs, PSI, Religion, etc...but to write off every single report on these subjects because of 90% plus bogus claims is closing your mind to that actual 1 or 2 in a hundred that are real. Same for the individual...Jack Sarfatti has made extraordinary claims that may be more imagined than real.... (I am of the opinion that all psychic stages are unstable to some extent...especially if the cut in suddenly)....but that does not mean that some his claims are imagined...

I am not an authority at all so your opening statement is nonsense. You just repeat your speculation with zero evidence thus you view is largely nonsense of the tin foil hat variety.

Jack couldn't prove his claims. That is enough for me to dismiss his claims. His alien computer phone call made when he was 13 is typical of a child making things up. You believe a story from a 13 old child which the later man himself failed to happen.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I am not an authority at all so your opening statement is nonsense. You just repeat your speculation with zero evidence thus you view is largely nonsense of the tin foil hat variety.

Jack couldn't prove his claims. That is enough for me to dismiss his claims. His alien computer phone call made when he was 13 is typical of a child making things up. You believe a story from a 13 old child which the later man himself failed to happen.
I did not imply you were an authority...I implied you are duped by the authorities...and thus are only able to repeat what you've read as a conditioned reflex..

He may be deluded and/or confused about lots of his experiences....the psychic state can be quite unstable... Anyone who has been through the psychic stage can vouch for that...

Shad

Veteran Member
I did not imply you were an authority...I implied you are duped by the authorities...and thus are only able to repeat what you've read as a conditioned reflex..

Tin foil hat conspiracy backed by zero evidence.

He may be deluded and/or confused about lots of his experiences....the psychic state can be quite unstable... Anyone who has been through the psychic stage can vouch for that...

Excuses to cover up the fact that he never demonstrated his claims to any reasonable standard.

Hilarious, yes I am sure people that can not demonstrate their abilities to a reasonable standard would agree with this copout.

By the way did you know I can time travel? It is just unstable right now. Any time traveler can confirm that due to this instability I can not demonstrated my abilities.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Dismissing his calling it what it is, a tin foil hat conspiracy, as nothing more than a "conditioned response
wow.
When you start shoveling bull ****, you go whole hog!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Tin foil hat conspiracy backed by zero evidence.

Excuses to cover up the fact that he never demonstrated his claims to any reasonable standard.

Hilarious, yes I am sure people that can not demonstrate their abilities to a reasonable standard would agree with this copout.

By the way did you know I can time travel? It is just unstable right now. Any time traveler can confirm that due to this instability I can not demonstrated my abilities.
Tin foil hat cliches as an excuse to close the mind.... :rolleyes:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Dismissing his calling it what it is, a tin foil hat conspiracy, as nothing more than a "conditioned response

wow.
When you start shoveling bull ****, you go whole hog!
Does that just mean you disagree.......you have a nice way with words...:rolleyes:

Shad

Veteran Member
Tin foil hat cliches as an excuse to close the mind.... :rolleyes:

It is also the door way to the absurd, undemonstrated and false more often than not especially when related to the government. Your speculation still does not make a defense. I could easily do the same.

The government support of PSI was merely an operation to weed out people that believe in nonsense in order to expose them and like-mind people. The purpose of this was so test the gullibility of individuals and the population at large. /takes off hat

Both are unsupported speculation until demonstrated otherwise. However you believe in your speculation while mine is merely a mockery.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is also the door way to the absurd, undemonstrated and false more often than not especially when related to the government. Your speculation still does not make a defense. I could easily do the same.

The government support of PSI was merely an operation to weed out people that believe in nonsense in order to expose them and like-mind people. The purpose of this was so test the gullibility of individuals and the population at large. /takes off hat

Both are unsupported speculation until demonstrated otherwise. However you believe in your speculation while mine is merely a mockery.
I have psychic experiences...I understand to some extent what is involved...this is not speculation.. Mock all you like...it doesn't change reality...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sure you have. Lets see you demonstrate it....
You seem to think that this life is a circus...where you aspire to be like some animal trainer getting them to perform tricks... It 's the other way round...you are dancing to the tune of atheist belief....the blind leading the blind and they all fall into the ditch...but the truth is beyond belief...it is realty itself...

McBell

Does that just mean you disagree.......you have a nice way with words...:rolleyes:
I merely call it how I see it.
Bull **** is bull ****.
And you have been working overtime shoveling it in this thread.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

McBell

Have you ever engaged me in anything resembling a serious discussion recently....about the only comment to my posts are of the sniping type as is the case here....it is not proper to create unproductive responses to others posts....not just mine...here is an example of your track record of using bull**** in your responses....http://www.religiousforums.com/search/8971199/?q=bull&o=relevance&c[user][0]=3566
If you stop shoveling bull ****, I will stop calling the bull **** bull ****.

Revealing how you did not address the question asked.
Not the least bit surprising, but revealing none the less.