• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cold Cases thread

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yet he was acquitted.
You appear to have a detective mind, and a sense of justice.
It's good to want to see justice. At the same time, it's important to accept reality. This system is not run or controlled by God. So, injustice will prevail.
We just have to be careful not to let injustice consume us, or break us. Some have allowed that, and many of them are not alive today.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You appear to have a detective mind, and a sense of justice.
It's good to want to see justice. At the same time, it's important to accept reality. This system is not run or controlled by God. So, injustice will prevail.
We just have to be careful not to let injustice consume us, or break us. Some have allowed that, and many of them are not alive today.
I do want my thirst for justice to consume me.
Do you know how many death threats I have received for helping a lawyer find the truth about a case of staged suicide, in Sicily?

They don't scare me...because they can kill my body, but not my soul. My soul belongs to Jesus. :)

nPeace

Veteran Member
I do want my thirst for justice to consume me.
Do you know how many death threats I have received for helping a lawyer find the truth about a case of staged suicide, in Sicily?
I'm sorry.
Sounds dangerous. You're in a dangerous country, my friend.
Seems you like your job, though.

They don't scare me...because they can kill my body, but not my soul. My soul belongs to Jesus. :)
Keep the faith. :thumbsup:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh. When I hear "Italy", I think Mafia; Drug Lords; etc. I'm glad that's not the case. :)
I do understand that. :)
But thanks to heroic magistrates who have been fighting against mobsters for decades, the State is slowly demolishing organized crime, also thanks to a cultural revolution in Southern Italy.
Just think that lately there have been tens of arrests, after a mafia boss was arrested. Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro arrested - English

nPeace

Veteran Member
I do understand that. :)
But thanks to heroic magistrates who have been fighting against mobsters for decades, the State is slowly demolishing organized crime, also thanks to a cultural revolution in Southern Italy.
Just think that lately there have been tens of arrests, after a mafia boss was arrested. Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro arrested - English
I suppose many have the same optimism, you do.
The Mafia has been around Sicily, since the 1860s.
The way they function, and operate, lead many to believe, it will continue to exist, even if operates with less transparency.

The Mafia became adept at political corruption and intimidated people to vote for certain candidates, who were in turn beholden to the Mafia. Even the Catholic Church was involved with Mafia clans during this period, according to Raab, who notes that the church relied on Mafiosi to monitor its massive property holdings in Sicily and keep tenant farmers in line.

In order to further strengthen themselves, Sicilian clans began conducting initiation ceremonies in which new members pledged secret oaths of loyalty. Of chief importance to the clans was omerta, an all-important code of conduct reflecting the ancient Sicilian belief that a person should never go to government authorities to seek justice for a crime and never cooperate with authorities investigating any wrongdoing.

Italy's most-wanted Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro arrested in Sicily
...people were speculating that someone in the crime world had decided he was no longer useful.
"This means he was likely still part of structure where there is an exchange of favours between the Mafia and state, and where one can be given up in return for something," she explained.

"Obviously the mafia has not been defeated, and it would be a mistake to think it so," said the Palermo prosecutor general Maurizio De Lucia.

Haven't there been cases where a member of the Mafia allowed himself to be captured to serve as a plant, for an "inside job", knowing that he will be free again?
However, this one was being treated for cancer, so maybe, his job, may not require him to be freed after.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Simonetta Cesaroni, brutally murdered in a very fancy condo of the Fine Rome, on August 7, 1990.

Simonetta went to work, as usual, in an office of the AIAG (associations of youth hostels). She was an accountant.
She was perfectly confident and felt particularly safe, because that office was located in a very nice condo, inhabited by wealthy people. The condo had even a concierge, and the entrance was fenced.
She was all alone, in that office. She arrived at 4 pm circa.
She will be found dead, seven hours later, at 11.30 pm by her sister, the concierge and Volponi, her employee. Who knew she would be working all afternoon, in that office.
She was lying on the ground, semi-naked (just the top, the bra and the socks). She received 29 stabs.

But in 1990, there was a witness, a police officer who testified he saw a very agitated and weird boy (in his 20s) who asked him where the AIAG office was and went straight to it. It was 4 pm.

I believed it deals with a murder committed by a very wealthy person. A person with serious psychiatric issues, who tried to rape her, but failed and killed her out of anger, and because she had turned him down.
Since he belonged to a very wealthy family, he was protected and never caught.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Simonetta Cesaroni, brutally murdered in a very fancy condo of the Fine Rome, on August 7, 1990.

Simonetta went to work, as usual, in an office of the AIAG (associations of youth hostels). She was an accountant.
She was perfectly confident and felt particularly safe, because that office was located in a very nice condo, inhabited by wealthy people. The condo had even a concierge, and the entrance was fenced.
She was all alone, in that office. She arrived at 4 pm circa.
She will be found dead, seven hours later, at 11.30 pm by her sister, the concierge and Volponi, her employee. Who knew she would be working all afternoon, in that office.
She was lying on the ground, semi-naked (just the top, the bra and the socks). She received 29 stabs.

But in 1990, there was a witness, a police officer who testified he saw a very agitated and weird boy (in his 20s) who asked him where the AIAG office was and went straight to it. It was 4 pm.

I believed it deals with a murder committed by a very wealthy person. A person with serious psychiatric issues, who tried to rape her, but failed and killed her out of anger, and because she had turned him down.
Since he belonged to a very wealthy family, he was protected and never caught.
I somehow didn't see this post.
I'll take a look at the case.

I have a case for you.
Do you think the video of Jail footage ws edited? Was it suicide or murder?

@Estro Felino I can't read about the case, since the page requests I sign up for an account in order to read the full story.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I somehow didn't see this post.
I'll take a look at the case.

I have a case for you.
Do you think the video of Jail footage ws edited? Was it suicide or murder?

@Estro Felino I can't read about the case, since the page requests I sign up for an account in order to read the full story.
Sorry, I have read you post only today.
I don't know the case. I should study it first.
It takes me weeks to study a murder case thoroughly, so I don't know when I can answer you properly.
Thanks for your question.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hi guys :)
This thread is for discussing and talking about the most famous Cold Cases in history. Since the most famous are the American ones, I will focus on those taken place in the United States. And a couple of them in my country, and some in Europe, probably.
You can propose the discussion of any Crime Case. We will discuss one case at time.
Thank you for your interest and participation in advance. :)
I like the Vintage cases in particularly the Lizzie Borden murders of her parents.

With today's forensics technology , I think the tables have turned against Lizzie but nothing is conclusive as of yet, but modern-day forensics did find a whole ton of blood in her house!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another one is JonBenét Ramsey murder.

To this day nobody is still quite sure who killed that poor girl and stuffed her in that closet.

And last on my list of cold cases, I would like to see solved would be that of Bob Crane , star of Hogan's Heroes.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The JonBenét Ramsey Case.

Very famous case in Europe too. Especially because it's the most heartbreaking story one could think of, watching the images of this little child, who looked like the happiest kid on Earth.
JonBenét Patricia Ramsey was a six year old girl; she was already a star, since she had participated to several child beauty pageants in Boulder, CO.
The life of the Ramsey family is like a fairy tale. They live in a huge mansion, in Boulder: father, mother, brother and JonBenét.
But that dream suddenly broke on the night of December 25, 1996.
She was reported missing at the dawn of December 26, and seven hours later, she was found dead in the basement of her own house.
Her mother had called the police: she was desperate, she said she had found a long note, where it was written that some foreign criminals had kidnapped her child, asking for a ransom. Her voice was absolutely heartbreaking: her little child was gone.
The night before they had been at a party in their neighbors' house, who also were close friends.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's the testimony that made me understand many, many things.
This excellent police officer, who fortunately was on the crime scene, revealed details which have terrifying implications.
The little child had signs on her body that show an attempt to sexual abuse, the autopsy was very clear.

And the girl was killed in two phases: first she was hit in the head with a very heavy object, which fractured her skull; then she was strangled to death with a kind of rope system, the garroting.
I believe the motive was sexual. I believe the ransom note was used to misdirect the investigators and to throw off the investigation; and to make believe the motive was money. I believe that was a very exclusive neighborhood they certainly needed no money. And that ransom was not that high.
The brother was interviewed; he clearly said that he believes it probably dealt with a paedophile. So this paedophile must have targeted this little child, and then somehow managed to enter the house and to stage a fake kidnapping with a fake ransom note.
That's my opinion. However many people have other opinions on this case.
I honestly believe that some people succeeded in throwing off the investigation through false tracks.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Again: I do not possess the absolute truth, because there was deliberate external intention of misdirecting the investigation.
I may be a conspiracy theorist, but there are countless details that make me think that those who really wanted to discover the truth were ousted or boycotted.
And I believe, honestly, there is something both horrifying and deliberately evil in the nature of this murder.
I believe that this person gained access to the house and managed to kidnap JonBenét.
And to murder her.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This song is dedicated to a case that used to be a cold case for years.
The murder of Elisa Claps, murdered by a man in the attic of an ancient church in Potenza, Italy and kept hidden just underneath the roof of the same church for eighteen years.
Strangely she will be found after the death of the church parson. After his death, the secrets just poured out.
This beautiful song sums it up beautifully.

elisa-claps.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As requested by @nPeace , the case of Sandra Bland's mysterious death.

This is one of the most terrifying cases I have analyzed recently. It really reminds me of a famous case in Italy, but this is much more terrifying.
Texas, July 2015. A random woman is stopped because she hadn't signalled with her blinker on.
She was weirded out and asked the reason of such an unusual stop and search for such an insignificant detail. The confrontation escalated and the woman was arrested. Fortunately the woman was recording with her cellphones, and so was a bystander who was watching the scene; there was also the police officer's dashcam.
What transpires is that the woman just protested verbally, yet she was charged with assaulting a police officer.
She was jailed and the bail was set at $5,000. Absolutely disproportionate to the severity of crime. It was a crime of slight entity, probably due to a misunderstanding.

What we see in the video is a courageous woman who can stand up for herself and for her own rights. Light years away from a fragile person who can despair and lose faith in a minute and commit suicide.
Yet she was found dead two days later at 6.30 am, in her cell.
They affirm she had committed suicide by hanging herself with a plastic bag. What was weird was that she was in a semi-standing position.
The autopsy confirmed she had died by asphyxiation. But every sensible person knows that asphyxiation doesn't automatically implies a suicide, especially because if someone tries to suffocate themselves with their own hands or with something, they immediately faint, and in that moment, the clamp of their own arms disappears, and the heart starts beating again.
So it's very, very, very difficult to commit suicide without a rope hanging from the ceiling, from something strong that can bear the body's weight.

My conclusions:
1) Many people believe that the account of her death has enormous gaps that need to be filled to understand what really happened in those three days of jailing.
2) No psychological or psychiatric autopsy attested she was capable of committing suicide.
3) It's very difficult to commit suicide by just using a plastic bag, because it's very fragile and can break in any moment, especially if it has to bear the weight of an adult woman.
4) A semi-standing position is not compatible with a suicide, since when someone is hanged, and is dying by asphyxiation, the body has incredibly violent spasms that would have ultimately broken the plastic bag.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I like the Vintage cases in particularly the Lizzie Borden murders of her parents.
Well...I have decided to deal with cases that took place in our times. At least in the 20th century, after criminology as science developped and the FBI was created. :)
It's surely a very interesting case, but I need a modern forensics study to understand a case.

With today's forensics technology , I think the tables have turned against Lizzie but nothing is conclusive as of yet, but modern-day forensics did find a whole ton of blood in her house!
Interesting. As I said, I prefer to focus on cases that were dealt with modern forensics. :)

And last on my list of cold cases, I would like to see solved would be that of Bob Crane , star of Hogan's Heroes.

Surely. I have been looking for material, lately about this interesting case.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As requested by @nPeace , the case of Sandra Bland's mysterious death.

This is one of the most terrifying cases I have analyzed. It really reminds me of a famous case in Italy, but this is much more terrifying.
Texas, July 2015. A random woman is stopped because she had hadn't signalled with her blinker on.
She was weirded out and asked why the reason of such a traffic stop and search for such an insignificant detail. The confrontation escalated and the woman was arrested. Fortunately the woman was recording with her cellphones, and so was a bystander who was watching the scene; there was also the police officer's dashcam.
What transpires is that the woman just protested verbally, yet she was charged with assaulting a police officer.
She was jailed and the bail was set at $5,000. Absolutely disproportionate to the severity of crime. It was a crime of slight entity, probably due to a misunderstanding.

What we see in the video is a courageous woman who can stand up for herself and for her own rights. Light years away from a fragile person who can despair and lose faith in a minute and commit suicide.
Yet she was found dead two days later at 6.30 am, in her cell.
They affirm she had committed suicide by hanging herself with a plastic bag. What was weird was that she was in a semi-standing position.
The autopsy confirmed she had died by asphyxiation. But every sensible person knows that asphyxiation doesn't automatically implies a suicide, especially because if someone tries to suffocate themselves with their own hands or with something, they immediately faint, and in that moment, the clamp of their own arms disappears, and the heart starts beating again.
So it's very, very, very difficult to commit suicide without a rope hanging from the ceiling, from something strong that can bear the body's weight.

My conclusions:
1) Many people believe that the account of her death has enormous gaps that need to be filled to understand what really happened in those three days of jailing.
2) No psychological or psychiatric autopsy attested she was capable of committing suicide.
3) It's very difficult to commit suicide by just using a plastic bag, because it's very fragile and can break in any moment, especially if it has to bear the weight of an adult woman.
4) A semi-standing position is not compatible with a suicide, since when someone is hanged, and is dying by asphyxiation, the body has incredibly violent spasms that would have ultimately broken the plastic bag.
More terrifying details from the victim's sister.