• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cold Cases thread

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hi guys :)
This thread is for discussing and talking about the most famous Cold Cases in history. Since the most famous are the American ones, I will focus on those taken place in the United States. And a couple of them in my country, and some in Europe, probably.
You can propose the discussion of any Crime Case. We will discuss one case at time.
Thank you for your interest and participation in advance. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My opinion as a jurist.
I have been analyzing this case for years, trying not to watch series about it not to let fiction influence my judgment.
I would like to rename Simpson's legal "dream team" as "the nightmare team". A team that transformed a double murder case into a racism case.
That is, as if it were relevant that detective Fuhrman was a racist.
There are millions of racists in the United States. Does that make them capable of committing crimes?
All the evidence was ignored by the jury. Footprints, blood stains, clues. All clues were perfectly severe, precise and matrching with one another.
The defense was the fair of banalities. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit", as if a average IQ person was not able to understand that a person (an actor in this case) can perfectly pretend that something like a glove or a shoe won't fit them.

At the very first I was convinced there was insufficient evidence. But then I studied the case thoroughly, trying to be the most impartial as possible, but unfortunately the nightmare team wanted to defy logic and common sense.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Barbara Walters has always been an excellent professional, especially in the field of criminal cases.
She tries to dig into the recesses of Kardashian's soul, to figure out whether he acted in good faith or not.
A lawyer almost never act in good faith, when they are disposed to do anything to make a jury acquit their client.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The Meredith Kercher case

This is a summary from Wikipedia. Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia

Here it is my personal reconstruction as lawyer. My personal theory:
Meredith Kercher was a British student studying at the University of Perugia, since the Italian Government provides deserving foreign students with scholarships which grant them an easy and affordable university career in Italy. At her cottage there were three more girls: law students (and then lawyers) Romanelli F and Mezzetti L, and Amanda Knox, American student from Seattle. Amanda was the happiest girl on Earth. She was enjoying her stay in Perugia, she had just met a university student from Puglia, Raffaele Sollecito, who was about to graduate. In Italy the two days following Halloween are festivities. The Italian girls had gone home to their families, and the students' cottage was almost empty, since Amanda was staying at Raffaele's apartment because she was engaging in a romantic assiduous relationship with him. On the night of November the first 2007, Meredith was all alone in her own bedroom, at the cottage. A burglar, an immigrant from Ivory Coast, Guede R broke into the dark cottage, by breaking a window, thinking the house was empty and started looking for money. Then he was caught red-handed by Meredith, while he was in the bathroom. She probably tried to scream, he must have plugged her mouth and threatened her with a big knife he had in his pocket. This knife will be found in his backpack, some days later. He probably tried to rape her, but since it was almost dark, the knife stabbed Meredith's throat. She began to lose an enormous quantity of blood. The man got scared and tried to help the young woman, by staunching the stab wounds with some towels. It was all useless. The blood flow was unstoppable and Meredith was dying. He fled, scared, and some hours later he took the first train in order to leave the country. He will be found and arrested in Germany some time later.

So I think Knox and Sollecito are 100% innocent. Not only 100% not guilty. They deserve compensation. And I am very disappointed in the Italian judicial system that arrested, sued and tried these two young people. As a person who studied law out of thirst for justice, I am outraged.
It's not in line with the Italian Code of Criminal Procedure, art 274. That says there need to be two prerequisites for preventive detention, which are:
- Fumus commissi delicti: that is, there need to be tangible and specific pieces of evidence that indicate that the suspect committed, with high probability, the crime.
- Periculum libertatis: That is, there needs to be the danger of escape deriving from letting the suspect free. Or the danger that they use their freedom to tamper, to conceal the evidence.

Neither were present. They would have never fled. They would have never refused to help the investigation. They would have never tried to tamper. There was no trace of them on the crime scene.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Here Knox and Sollecito

As you can see they are two sweet, romantic guys who were absolutely shocked by the murder and had no idea why they were arrested and prosecuted, even if there was no shred of evidence indicating they might be in on it.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The invisible man.
I mean...OJ Simpson was the perpetrator, there's no doubt.
But his nightmare team turned a double murder trial into a racism trial and the defendant was detective Fuhrman. OJ Simpson became the victim, all of a sudden.

And the two prosecutors were impotent, they let them do that. I am sorry, but that's what I saw.

In a trial you don't have to be "Miss Nice Girl" or "Mr Nice Guy", especially if your opponent doesn't play fairly.

I just remember the faces of Mr. Goldman's sister and father, while hearing the verdict.
It's one of the most devastating and heartbreaking images in the history of criminal procedure.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I mean...OJ Simpson was the perpetrator, there's no doubt.
But his nightmare team turned a double murder trial into a racism trial and the defendant was detective Fuhrman. OJ Simpson became the victim, all of a sudden.

And the two prosecutors were impotent, they let them do that. I am sorry, but that's what I saw.

In a trial you don't have to be "Miss Nice Girl" or "Mr Nice Guy", especially if your opponent doesn't play fairly.

I just remember the faces of Mr. Goldman's sister and father, while hearing the verdict.
It's one of the most devastating and heartbreaking images in the history of criminal procedure.
Well my friend, look at it this way... in a corrupt system, don't expect justice to be served at all times.
That murder was sadistic. The killer was obviously under the influence of something more than Meth, to enjoy the thrill of the kill.
I believe justice will be served, when this old world is rolled up,, and replaced with a new one.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well my friend, look at it this way... in a corrupt system, don't expect justice to be served at all times.
That murder was sadistic. The killer was obviously under the influence of something more than Meth, to enjoy the thrill of the kill.
I believe justice will be served, when this old world is rolled up,, and replaced with a new one.
In our judicial system, the attempt of escape is almost equivalent to extra-judicial confession.
In that case there was everything: the motive, the escape, the suicide attempt, the blood, the footprints.

Yet he was acquitted.

nPeace

Veteran Member
In our judicial system, the attempt of escape is almost equivalent to extra-judicial confession.
In that case there was everything: the motive, the escape, the suicide attempt, the blood, the footprints.

Yet he was acquitted.
From what I read, all the evidence pointed to O.J. Yes.
That's why otherwise, it could only be a Phantom, or invisible man.
Maybe that's why O.J. got off. Maybe there was a Phantom, behind the scene.
satan_puppetmaster.jpg