• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Coffee House - the UU Fellowship Thread

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
*A thread for UUs and friends of UUs to hang out and talk about anything. Ask a question or just share something that inspired you today.

Don't forget the coffee! :woohoo:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Maize said:
*A thread for UUs and friends of UUs to hang out and talk about anything. Ask a question or just share something that inspired you today.

Don't forget the coffee! :woohoo:
I don't know enough about UU yet, but I can feel the pull of a magnet. And yes, I count myself as a friend of UUs.
What inspired me? The sight of a beautiful little robin, drinking out of the bird bath in our back garden.
I am easily satisfied!:)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
UU hymn:

"Enter, rejoice and come in!
Enter, rejoice and come in!
Today will be joyful day!
Enter, rejoice and come in!"

There's more verses, but I don't remember them. I try to sing or hum this song to myself when I'm having a bad day and it helps my mood improve. :)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Maize said:
UU hymn:

There's more verses, but I don't remember them. I try to sing or hum this song to myself when I'm having a bad day and it helps my mood improve. :)
Reminds me of a song that we sing:

Why don't you
c'mon into this house?
Why don't you
c'mon into this house?
Why don't you
c'mon into this house?
C'mon in this house and rejoice!
(and rejoice)

We're gonna sing for justice;
c'mon into this house!
c'mon into this house!
c'mon into this house!
C'mon in this house and rejoice!
(and rejoice)

All souls are welcome;
c'mon into this house!
etc....

We've changed the lyrics to fit the occasion. It's a very happy song. :)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
huajiro said:
I am probably going to my first service at a UU church in San Diego this weekend.
I hope it will be a good experience.

If not, remember that UU churches are congregational, meaning that they very widely from church to church. If you aren't impressed with the first one, you may still love the next one. That's what happened for me. :)

robtex

Veteran Member
huajiro said:
I am probably going to my first service at a UU church in San Diego this weekend.
did you use that link I posted to find it? There are 6 in san diego which one you looking at going to?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I miss church. :(

I've missed the past 3 weeks for various reasons, all were good ones, but I still hate missing it. And now, it seems that I may be moving out of the area and will have to find another UU church to attend. This breaks my heart because I am in love with my UU church. The people, the atmosphere, even the building (which eeriely looks like the Starship Enterprise, lol). I've done a little research into the area where I may be moving and there is a UU church there, about twice the size of mine. Not sure what to think about that. I kind of like a small church where you can know everyone by name. But, I'm sure they'll all be nice people and I'll enjoy that church too, if I end up moving.

Ah well, time for a coffee break....
:woohoo:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm having my morning coffee looking up cars on the internet. My brother is a car salesman and called yesterday to say that he'd found a car that he thought I was looking for. So, I have to go look at it today. As long as it runs and isn't an ugly color, I think I'll like it, lol. All this relates back to the fact that I'm moving. It still makes me sad that I will have to leave my church, but I know that I will always have a place to go when I come back to visit in the area. They have great coffee too... :woohoo:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Ahhhhh... the UU Coffee House... my little safe haven on the forum. I think I'll just sit in here a while, put on some classical music and read the new UU World. Anyone else who wants is welcome to join me. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Maize said:
Ahhhhh... the UU Coffee House... my little safe haven on the forum. I think I'll just sit in here a while, put on some classical music and read the new UU World. Anyone else who wants is welcome to join me. :)
I'll join you, Maize, I'm playing 'Tres Piezas Espanolas' by Rodrigo on the classic Spanish guitar.....mmmmmmmmmmm; will that do you? by the way, how was the car?:)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Figured I'd post here rather than start a new thread...

The church I plan to attend to on Sunday says they have something called "Sunday forums" at 9:30 and Sunday services at 11. Should I plan on attending one, or both, and what exactly are Sunday forums?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
LOL, I would say that "Forums" is their alternative to "worship service", but I'm not sure. I would call the church and found out. Go to both if it's something different, otherwise go to whichever fits into your schedule.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
michel said:
I'll join you, Maize, I'm playing 'Tres Piezas Espanolas' by Rodrigo on the classic Spanish guitar.....mmmmmmmmmmm; will that do you? by the way, how was the car?:)

I love Spanish guitar music! :woohoo:

The car is fine, it runs. :p

Green Gaia

Veteran Member

OK, I feel better. :)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
At times our own light goes out and