• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The closeness of God

NadiaMoon

As I was just thinking about something in comparing other faiths to my own faith, I would like others to explain how their own religion views closeness to their God. In my religion, Déanism, though we do believe that God is our *Heavenly* Mother, we also believe that She is with us and *in* us and inside of all things and is connected with us in the form of the Holy Daughter, and that She is with us and experiences everything with us and feels everything with us, so we can see Her as both a best friend and saviour. We can also feel Her spirit in everything around us (keeping the world alive and living, norishing Her creation, thus a saviour) and these are all things that I like a lot. I would love to share ideas on this

David T

Premium Member
Facinating. Your religious tradition reminds a lot of Catholic sevites OSM order of our sacred mother. That have a fantastic place in portland Oregon called the grotto.

In regards to what you posted. I understand Nature. We most certainly can call her mother she is a very large woman unbounded. I understand her as life, male as death. As such I understand Mary Magdalene as the founder of Christianity. I can see a lot of positive in Deanism but like modern Christianity it could become a little bit too much all about the girls but inverse. I tend towards a more nature as female as opposed as nature as created object by male. But my thinking is very attuned to understanding these things a narrative conveniance to communicate feeling rather than intellectual literalism. I am writing a science fiction book about a woman who kills all of life on this planet, maybe, with someone named dean!!!