• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church and the US election

gnostic

The Lost One
This thread is mostly for American Christians.

The voting for the next US president has begin, or about to begin.

Do your church have the tendency to make you decide to vote for one or the other?

Do you decide to who you would vote for, from your own conscious or that of the church's?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
This thread is mostly for American Christians.

The voting for the next US president has begin, or about to begin.

Do your church have the tendency to make you decide to vote for one or the other?

Do you decide to who you would vote for, from your own conscious or that of the church's?
My Church has never made a suggestion on how to vote in any election. All that was ever stated was just follow your heart.
I always make my decisions based on what I believe to be true facts and for what stance they take on different issues.

gnostic

The Lost One
That's good.

I have come across clippings, where some churches are telling their followers to vote for the Republicans, because of abortions, gay marriages, just like in the last election, because some Democrats were against these issues, and it is the sources of evil.

I thought it was evil to re-elect George Bush.

I have heard some churches have done the same for this election, but it is not bad as the last one. It seemed more "quiet" this time around.

crystalonyx

My Church has never made a suggestion on how to vote in any election. All that was ever stated was just follow your heart.
I always make my decisions based on what I believe to be true facts and for what stance they take on different issues.

Hopefully you follow your brain more than your heart.

challupa

doppelgänger;1321987 said:
When churches start telling people how they should vote for political candidates, they should also start paying taxes.
Now that is something I agree with whole heartedly :yes:

gnostic

The Lost One
doppelgänger said:
When churches start telling people how they should vote for political candidates, they should also start paying taxes.

challupa said:
Now that is something I agree with whole heartedly
082502yes_prv.gif

Me too. I think so too.
082502yes_prv.gif

gnostic

The Lost One
charity said:
rolleyes.gif
The brain registers the thought, the heart confirms the thought....At least I'm not like some men who think with with their **** and not their brain or their heart
wink.gif
I think they go by feelings......

I don't think I have any brain cell down there. Of course, I didn't think to look down there to find out that I have any. :shrug:

tomspug

Absorbant
The only politics I have heard in church is, during prayer, we ask God for guidance and clarity in our voting. That's it.

Roal

tomspug said:
The only politics I have heard in church is, during prayer, we ask God for guidance and clarity in our voting. That's it.

I think it depends on the branch of Christianity as well as the actual church. I have seen and heard of some churches that attempt to have massive influence over political shenanigans

One need look no further than Westboro Baptist Church

Pray for guidance, fine......but when a church decides that the rest of the country should think the way the members therein think, especially in the political arena, we have problems

doppelgänger said:

indeed...well said