• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Charge of the God

GabrielWithoutWings

Charge of the Dark God said:
Listen to the words of the Dark God, who was of old called
Lakchos, Donn, Anubis, Hades, Setesh, Hoder, and by many
other names:
I am the shadow in the bright day; I am the reminder of
mortality at the height of living. I am the never ending veil
of Night where the Star Goddess dances.
I am the Death that must be so that Life may continue,
for behold, Life is immortal because the living must die.
I am the strength that protects, that limits; I am the power
that says No, and NO further, and That Is Enough. I am the
things that cannot be spoken of, and I am the laughter at
the edge of Death.
Come with me into the warm enfolding dark; feel my
caresses in the hands, in the mouth, in the body of one you
love, and be transformed.
Gather in the moonless night and speak in unknown tongues;
the Dark Mother and I will listen. Sing to us and cry out,
and the Power will be yours to wield.
Blow me a kiss when the sky is dark, and I will smile, but no kiss
return, for my kiss is the final one for all mortal flesh.

Here you go.

Also, if you want the Charge of the Dark Goddess, you can find three versions here.

Last edited:

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Whew!! That sure does give chills.

Is there a Dark Goddess charge that goes with this? Or is that the Valentine one?

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
This gives me a lot to think about. The light, the dark. These sides of the divine that I have not seen other than in my own mind. This chills me, for I knew this before I was told...

Scream in terror to us? This does not make sense to me.

GabrielWithoutWings

This gives me a lot to think about. The light, the dark. These sides of the divine that I have not seen other than in my own mind. This chills me, for I knew this before I was told...

Scream in terror to us? This does not make sense to me.

I believe it's supposed to be read like Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. "A queen more beautiful and terrible than you can possibly imagine," etc. The same way you'd feel if you were squared off with a thunderstorm.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
I would confront it head on, not scream in terror. Your fear is meant to be devoured, your inner demons used as tools. Fear tempers you, but it isnt meant to rule you. Just my opinion. lol

GabrielWithoutWings

I would confront it head on, not scream in terror. Your fear is meant to be devoured, your inner demons used as tools. Fear tempers you, but it isnt meant to rule you. Just my opinion. lol

I usually read it as that darker side of nature that a lot of people seem to forget. Death would be included.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Hmm.. this is true. Its chilling, but thrilling at the same time, you know? It like excitement and alarm and tenseness, but that kind of tense were you are waiting for something amazing to happen. :D Cant describe it. Is it just me??? D:

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
I really like the second Dark Goddesses' Charge that Gabriel posted. At this point in my life I am probably very receptive to the guidance that would come from the Dark God or Goddess.