• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Buddha Was NOT Silent On God and Metaphysics

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"Buddha, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates, Jesus, Muhammad and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad"
I'm surprised I've not seen Bodhidharma and Padmasambhava there.
I do understand the idea of all these people being prophets, and find it kind of sweet (among other things less pleasant), though... but not very founded in, well, reality.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"Buddha, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates, Jesus, Muhammad and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad"

Yes; they all are the truthful messengers prophets of the one true God. Quran mentions the characteristics of the messenger prophets of the one true God; does not provide names of all of them; Quran is not a book of names.

And humanity needs all of them.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yes; they all are the truthful messengers prophets of the one true God. Quran mentions the characteristics of the messenger prophets of the one true God; does not provide names of all of them; Quran is not a book of names.

And humanity needs all of them.

This post denigrates the Buddhist dhamma, is contrary to the spirit of the OP and is unsupported, as you concede, by any primary Buddhist sutta or sutra.

Other than that, good post as ever.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If Buddha did not leave anything in his writing and verbally he spoke Magadhi which was also not recorded and checked by him and which is also not available to my knowledge; yet there are other methods of getting into the truth.

Besides I think I never claimed that I have anything in original in writing from Buddha with me. Did I? I think I did not.

I love Buddha and I respect Buddhists.

Last edited:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
If Buddha did not leave anything in his writing and verbally he spoke Magadhi which was also not recorded and checked by him and which is also not available to my knowledge; yet there are other methods of getting into the truth.

Besides I think I never claimed that I have anything in original in writing from Buddha with me. Did I? I think I did not.

I love Buddha and I respect Buddhists.

So far continuing to avoid the question...