• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Boobs are Free Poll

The recent federal court ruling that females can go bare breasted in public was:

• A great ruling

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • An okay ruling

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Don't care one way or the other

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A poor ruling

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • An atrocious ruling

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
That is not the point. The point is that people should be treated equally under the law. If men are allowed to take their shirts off in public, so should women. Yes, men are pigs. But in this instance the pigs are on the right side.
What does men being pigs---a gross over-generalization---have to do with the issue?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
As much as I like it, it think it's a poor ruling for society; Soon America will be featured in National Geographic.

ClearPath

Premium Member
I think this ruling is promoting temptation of both parts; I think sexual assaults may rise - frankly this would no longer leave the imagination to roll - how long before underwear is ruled to be OK to remove in public?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I think sexual assaults may rise
It depends how "sexual assault" is defined. Staring and looks? Possibly. But actual assault? I doubt it. Because people like that will assault regardless of what their victim is wearing.

how long before underwear is ruled to be OK to remove in public?
Has bestiality become legal since gay marriage has? It's much the same argument. I seriously seriously doubt that exposing one's genitals is going to be made legal. There's already no law against "going commando", so long as you've got pants on. But even men are slapped with public indecency and put on lists when they flash their Southern Bits at other people.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I seriously seriously doubt that exposing one's genitals is going to be made legal. There's already no law against "going commando", so long as you've got pants on.
And there are definitely reasons for this that have nothing to do with licentiousness. It's a public health issue.
Keeping your orifices to yourself is very important. Even in a naturist resort you are required to have a personal towel or something if you want to sit down. Even when it's your own chair, not having something between you and a surface someone else could sit down on is worse than rude.
Tom

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think this ruling is promoting temptation of both parts; I think sexual assaults may rise - frankly this would no longer leave the imagination to roll - how long before underwear is ruled to be OK to remove in public?
There has been a number of 'what were you wearing' pieces which asked sexual assault victims what they were wearing. And the vast majority replied jeans and sweaters. Sexual assault does not seem to be tied to provocative clothing.

And about slippery slopes to complete nudes, we already have nudist and naturalist clubs where this is legal, but outside those venues, which are a controlled environment with cleanliness rules and cleaning staff, genital-surface contact is actually a real sanitation issue. Free breasts aren't.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Where I live it has been legal for women to go topless for years now (at least a decade, too lazy to actually look it up). But there really is no change in attitude or behaviour. Women generally don't go around topless in public.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think this ruling is promoting temptation of both parts; I think sexual assaults may rise - frankly this would no longer leave the imagination to roll

No doubt like the Victorian era when women dared show their ankles.

8273722_f520.jpg

- how long before underwear is ruled to be OK to remove in public?
Ah yes, the Slippery Slope argument.

hamstermarriage.jpg

ClearPath

Premium Member
Where I live it has been legal for women to go topless for years now (at least a decade, too lazy to actually look it up). But there really is no change in attitude or behaviour. Women generally don't go around topless in public.
Thank you for supplying this information.
If you saw how some of the residents of my town acted, you would be amazed.
I suppose it comes down to how the women respect themselves.

ClearPath

Premium Member
There has been a number of 'what were you wearing' pieces which asked sexual assault victims what they were wearing. And the vast majority replied jeans and sweaters. Sexual assault does not seem to be tied to provocative clothing.

And about slippery slopes to complete nudes, we already have nudist and naturalist clubs where this is legal, but outside those venues, which are a controlled environment with cleanliness rules and cleaning staff, genital-surface contact is actually a real sanitation issue. Free breasts aren't.
I understand your viewpoint.
As I have mentioned to another member here, my town isn't the best and I think many people here and throughout the UK would happily walk around naked.
I doubt this will ever happen though as in the UK it is classed as 'public indecency' which is unlawful.