• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big 10 in courthouses.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
WOW! Got to love that! One more thing we don't need any where near the courts from a guy who apparently doesn't know what it is to begin with!

Fluffy

A fool
It is funny but I don't think that being unable to recall each commandment should invalidate his argument or even his support for it. I don't think it is indicative of republican hypocrisy either.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I saw this before too, and it got me thinking: those defending the 10 commandments being put/kept in court really have no basis. If the 10 commandments were all like the three he listed, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it being in the courts. However, "thou shall have no gods before me" and "I am the Lord your God" and the Sabbath are all ridiculous to publicize. Everytime a politician says, "They're good morals to live by for all", I REALLY wonder if they even know the 10 commandments. I have a feeling this congressman isn't one of a kind.

It is funny but I don't think that being unable to recall each commandment should invalidate his argument or even his support for it. I don't think it is indicative of republican hypocrisy either.

One of the commandments could be "Kill your family, then rape their dead corpses" and he would never know.

Fluffy

A fool
One of the commandments could be "Kill your family, then rape their dead corpses" and he would never know.

Being unable to recall something on the spot does not mean that one has a lack of sufficient knowledge of that something to safely dismiss that possibility.

A

angellous_evangellous

Fluffy said:
Being unable to recall something on the spot does not mean that one has a lack of sufficient knowledge of that something to safely dismiss that possibility.

Especially if one has to give testimony to Congress or a court about one's participation in breaking the law.

robtex

Veteran Member
Mister Emu said:
Maybe if they were in courtrooms more congresspersons would know them?

Yea that and more judges and lawyers. However other problems would arise. I think if they were put up it would only be just to disbar any lawyers who were in conflict with the first commandment "thou shall have no other Gods before me."

Anyone in the legal or political field who has an affair should also be immediatly disbarred because of "thou shall not commit adultry.

Actually because of "thou shall not covet thy neighbors house" or things Anyone in the legal profession or politician with a law degree should also immediatly be disbarred upon admitting they desire anothers person's stuff.

Any of them that works on Sunday....immdiate disbarred because of "thou shall remember the sabbath and keep it holy."

Any of them that are found to forget mother or fathers day should also be disbarred because they blotched the commandment "thou shall honor thy father and mother."

Oh and any of them who dare to wear a cross into a court of law, a court in one nation under God, they should be disbarred for "making a sculpted image or likeness of what is in the heavens above."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

http://www.bibletexts.com/terms/10commandments-texts.htm

Ciscokid

Isn't there a different version of the 10 commandments where one of the items is that you shouldn't boil a goat in it's mothers milk?? *** is that all about?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Oh my oh my... that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I wish we got Colbert in NZ, this is the second time he's had me rolling on the floor. (Sunstone keep your mind out of the gutter)