• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biblical "spirit" means thoughts ( information ).

thevoiceofgod

The symbolic word "spirit" means the same exact thing as these other symbolic words and phrases such as the Word of the Lord, Voice of the Lord, Kingdom of God, Holy Spirit, Kingdom of the Spirit, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Son of God, Word of God, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, Light of men, Zion, Counselor, Thoughts, etc.

If you interpret the word, "spirit" as meaning the thoughts of God where everything visible and invisible came from, the meanings of your interpretations of the biblical scriptures would change dramatically.

Check out this following biblical passage and substitute the word "He" and "Him" as God's thoughts ( spirit );

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; 16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him. 17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. 19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

In the following scripture, the phrase, "the Lord is a God of knowledge" is a reference to information ( spirit of God ).

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Jesus knew where he was getting the words he spoke for his Father;

49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

thevoiceofgod

I'm sure there's a point there some were, but it seems to escape me.

It's very simple. The word "spirit" in the Bible means information that God created. The Spirit of God is information ( vibrations ), which is His created computing code to form visible objects and all the thoughts that His created beings think with.

thevoiceofgod

Your friends and relatives let you go out in public spouting this nonsense, or are you a shut-in with a keyboard?

The public doesn't understand where they came from so it makes no difference if I share this information outside of the internet or not. It all came from the same source.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of a Creator who is totally invisible to His creation.
That's only your opinion, unsupported by any evidence, about as real and demonstrable as a little girl's invisible play friend.

You do know that you are posting in the "science and religion" forum, you'll need to do better than that.

outhouse

Atheistically
If you interpret the word, "spirit"

I prefer thinking of this spirit as positive human consciousness, which is perceived as holy thought.

I will factually guarantee you I as an atheist am every bit as holy and spirit filled as the pope is. Were all human.

outhouse

Atheistically
Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of a Creator who is totally invisible to His creation.

Unsubstantiated rhetoric sir. Its your faith. That is fine keep it, but remember that you hold a minority position here.

Most people don't follow your belief. If you want to make a point you need more then just opinion. You need credible sources to back your claim.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That's only your opinion, unsupported by any evidence, about as real and demonstrable as a little girl's invisible play friend.

You do know that you are posting in the "science and religion" forum, you'll need to do better than that.
Here is the thing. What is wrong with the statement? "Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of a Creator who is totally invisible to His creation" According to scripture, if God had no thoughts (example..."dont let them eat from the tree for they will know good and evil like us"), why or how would he be jeleous? How would he decide to chamge His position killing millions of people because one person voiced there may be an innocent person among the bunch?

Its different, and it isnt far off tonsay creation started in the mind of God.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Here is the thing. What is wrong with the statement? "Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of a Creator who is totally invisible to His creation"
You mean beyond the obvious self-serving idiocy of it?
According to scripture,
There's a problem, you can preface most any piece of intellectual garbage with "According to scripture" and rest comfortably that you are correct.
if God had no thoughts (example..."dont let them eat from the tree for they will know good and evil like us"), why or how would he be jeleous? How would he decide to chamge His position killing millions of people because one person voiced there may be an innocent person among the bunch?
When one opens with the logical fallacy of a loaded complex question it always makes we want to respond with, "Do you still beat your ...?"
Its different, and it isnt far off tonsay creation started in the mind of God.
*edit* Strike two: there is no Mind. Low inside fastball coming up next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
*edit* Strike two: there is no Mind. Low inside fastball coming up next
Strike two, biologically speaking, we have a mind. No metaphysics involved just thoughts.

You mean beyond the obvious self-serving idiocy of it?
It makes sense in its own right. I dont have to believe in any of it to know christianity is based on God.

There's a problem, you can preface most any piece of intellectual garbage with "According to scripture" and rest comfortably that you are correct
If Im giving a source to a claim based on christian understanding, I use scripture. Its like any other resource. The OP uses scripture, I stick with that regardless of my beliefs.

When one opens with the logical fallacy of a loaded complex question it always makes we want to respond with, "Do you still beat your ...?"
That I didnt understand. Logical fallacy? ....? Just saying "according to christianity" not my belief (objective not subjective) everything comes from God.

Last edited by a moderator:

thevoiceofgod

Prove to me that you're made of hard physical matter?

thevoiceofgod

I prefer thinking of this spirit as positive human consciousness, which is perceived as holy thought.

I will factually guarantee you I as an atheist am every bit as holy and spirit filled as the pope is. Were all human.

I guarantee that you're made from the exact spirit of God that I am.

thevoiceofgod

Unsubstantiated rhetoric sir. Its your faith. That is fine keep it, but remember that you hold a minority position here.

Most people don't follow your belief. If you want to make a point you need more then just opinion. You need credible sources to back your claim.

I don't follow any man's beliefs. I know things that no man can understand.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Prove to me that you're made of hard physical matter?
Come close enough that I can run an experiment: I get to kick you in the butt, you get to decide if it's hard enough. We repeat about twenty times to get a significant sample. Ain't empirical testing grand? If the results are inconclusive, we can shift our attention of other areas of your body.

Last edited:

shawn001

What is the size of God's brain and why would God have "feelings" or thoughts if said God new everything already.