• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible's God and Satan. Which one is more evil?

The Bible's God and Satan. Which one of them is more evil?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think you really have not understood what the Bible teaches.

"just" / "justice" is an english word and it means what it means.

Works are important, but the are only a result of mind. If mind is righteous, the works will also be righteous. More important than works is the mind. If person has righteous mind, then he gets eternal life as a gift. And I believe that is so, because righteous person knows how to live well, truthfully and loves other people.

Simple question: in your christian religion, is it possible for a person to NOT be a christian believer while knowing about christianity AND still go to heaven?

God tells we are not allowed to sell anyone

That is patently false.

Buying is allowed and I think it is good, if person obeys all God’s rules. If some nation is so evil that it sells own people, I think it is better, if Jews buy them.

Patently absurd and morally bankrupt.

If God kills, I think it is acceptable

Morally bankrupt. Selective morals at best.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It depends how you define “morality”

In my version, there are no special moral agents that are exempt from it.

I think it is meaningless word at the moment.

Clearly....

That is why I think it would be better to speak of what is right and why. God has rights and He acts lovingly, that is why I think He is good.

The words "lovingly" and "right" are completely meaningless if you put this god above all moral rules and judgements and completely exempt from anything and everything.

You argued yourself into a corner where anything this god supposedly does or allows is moral by defintion. So if this god orders the gangrape of a 7-year old girl, then it is moral to do so.

To call that a moral or just or loving being, is ridiculous and meaningless

…Simple question: in your christian religion, is it possible for a person to NOT be a christian believer while knowing about christianity AND still go to heaven?

Bible tells eternal life is for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Christian is not the same as righteous. And knowing Christianity doesn’t necessarily make one righteous. But I believe rejecting the truth shows person is not righteous. Righteous person is truthful.

A righteous man hates lies…
Pro. 13:5

That is patently false.

Please show the scripture in the Bible that tells that we are allowed to sell people?

epronovost

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Christian is not the same as righteous. And knowing Christianity doesn’t necessarily make one righteous. But I believe rejecting the truth shows person is not righteous. Righteous person is truthful.

Please show the scripture in the Bible that tells that we are allowed to sell people?

Have you ever read the wikipedia article on the Bible and slavery? It's mostly OT stuff, but you will find all sorts of rules on how to buy slaves, how to treat them, how much you should pay for them, how to enslave people who are in debt to you (and when you must release them, though how you can keep them in servitude forever), how you can sell your daughters to become a concubine, forced her into marriage or simply as a sex slave. You will also find verses about what to do wih escaped slaves.

In the NT, slavery is mentionned a few time with Saint Paul calling basically for slave to obey their masters in all things and the masters to be fair, kind and just toward their slaves (pretty similar to what he asked of wives and husbands respectively come to think of it). Though Saint Paul did encourage at least one guy to free his escaped slave after he return him to his master (that passage became really important in the US during the debate over the abolition of slavery being used as a moral justification on both sides). Jesus himself seem to have been lukewarm to the concept of slavery saying that slave would be amongst the "first to enter heaven", but that would be in line with his views on the poor, the children and the handicaped people.

Anyway, take a look.There is ample references from both scholar works and biblical passages.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

You completely dodged the question.
I asked you a yes/no question. Neither "yes" or "no" are words used in your post.

Please answer the question:
Is it possible for a non-christian to go to heaven?

Exodus 21:7 talks about a man selling his daughter into slavery.

...Exodus 21:7 talks about a man selling his daughter into slavery.

I don’t think that is about a Jew selling daughter, because selling is forbidden for them:

Anyone who kidnaps someone and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
Ex. 21:16

For they are my servants, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt. They shall not be sold as slaves.
Lev. 25:42

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I don’t think that is about a Jew selling daughter, because selling is forbidden for them:

Anyone who kidnaps someone and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
Ex. 21:16

For they are my servants, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt. They shall not be sold as slaves.
Lev. 25:42

You asked for an example and you got one.
There's no need to put qualifiers on it.

Then your morality necessarily comes from somewhere else then whatever your god commands.

I think my morality came from the Bible and so from God. From it I have understood what is good and right. And in the Bible, the law is fulfilled by this:

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I asked a scripture that tells that God allows people to sell other people.

Which is what I gave you.
Rules regulating a dude selling his daughter as a slave, is an example of god allowing people to sell other people.

Scripture that tells that some sell people is not same as that God allows or commands it.

So you are saying that the god of the bible doesn't agree with the rules laid out in the bible?

:rolleyes:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Regardless whether the Bible's God and Satan exist or not, regardless whether the Bible's stories are fact or not, by looking at all the Bible's stories...

The Bible's God and Satan. Which one of them is more evil?

Jesus says thou shalt not kill... The 10 say the same.

Whoever wrote the part about killing everything that breathes must not have gotten the memo. Or the one that says don't covet your neighbor's land of Canaan. Didn't "those of old" preface their genocide with "thus saith the lord"?

John.8:44 "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

In other words, they worshipped a god who was not Jesus' Heavenly Father.

John.12:48-50 "He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak."

Some say that the word "Israelite" should be replaced with the word "Egyptian" when it comes to the world-reknowned Conquest of Canaan. Some say that the Persian Conquest of Canaan was predicated upon a few mistaken who's whos.

....Rules regulating a dude selling his daughter as a slave, is an example of god allowing people to sell other people....

It doesn’t tell Jews were allowed to sell anyone. It speaks of a person who sells his daughter. And because the person is selling, he obviously was not a Jew, because Jews were not allowed to do so.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It doesn’t tell Jews were allowed to sell anyone. It speaks of a person who sells his daughter. And because the person is selling, he obviously was not a Jew, because Jews were not allowed to do so.

Again, it doesn't matter. You're moving the goalposts.

You asked for "an example of god allowing people to sell people". You didn't specify any conditions or qualifiers or whatever.

I gave you an example, one that you can verify yourself easily. The decent thing to do is to acknowledge it instead of trying to make up excuses by invoking extra requirements that weren't part of your initial inquiry.

Next to that, the bible also clearly instructs and details which slaves they can BUY from whom.
When you can BUY something, it implies that someone else is SELLING it.

When you are allowed to BUY x, then it necessarily follows that it is also allowed to SELL x.
Can't have one without the other.

Last edited: