• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible declares that Jesus is God

kjw47

I choose to believe Jesus!

Matthew 28:18 (ESV Strong's) 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Satan doesn't have ANY power unless we or God allows it. You notice he had to get permission from God to attack Job! He couldn't do it on his own.

Who has more power, Jesus or satan?

Galatians 5:16 (ESV Strong's) 16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Are we at the mercy of satan? Can satan make you do anything you don't want to do? HE HAS NO POWER! He can't do anything to you that God or you don't allow. What kind of power is that?

Gods word says--The WHOLE world lies in the power of the wicked one--it is truth. He has 99% partaking off the table of demons by him and his teachers transforming into angels of light( 2Cor 11:12-15( by making those things look good to the mortal heart. Jesus is given all authority--that doesn't include interfering with free will. Mortals choose to sin.

kjw47

You should re-read the curse of the law, and the story of Job. Job lived faithless and in fear.

Job 1:5 (ESV Strong's) And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.

Which is why God could say,

Job 1:12 (ESV Strong's) 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Its you who need to reread it--Job stood strong against the bad advice his wife and friends told him. Of course he wasn't perfect.

djhwoodwerks

Its you who need to reread it--Job stood strong against the bad advice his wife and friends told him. Of course he wasn't perfect.

AFTER satan was allowed to take everything he had.

Job 1:5 (ESV Strong's) 5 And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.

He was acting out of fear and lack of faith!

Rick B

Premium Member
Fact of reality has already refuted them.

Since you choose not to engage the texts that refute your position it clearly demonstrates that your position is indefensible in a logical debate. Just sayin'.

kjw47

You seem to be missing the explicit statements of Scripture which directly contradict your assertion. You are presenting a semi-pelagian theology. Ironically much like Roman Catholicism stating that we are saved by grace plus works.

Romans 3:10 as it is written, “There is none righteous, not even one; 11 There is none who understands,There is none who seeks for God;12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless;There is none who does good,There is not even one.” 13 “Their throat is an open grave, With their tongues they keep deceiving,” “The poison of asps is under their lips”; 14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”; 15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood, 16 Destruction and misery are in their paths, 17 And the path of peace they have not known.”18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Galatians 2:16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. 17 But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! 18 For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. 19 For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

3:1 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
6 Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.” 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “The righteous man shall live by faith.” 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 5:4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

The LOVE--Jesus spoke of--hard to find on this earth. I will introduce you to the real Jesus and who follows him and who does not

The spirit of Jesus in the mortal heart-- LOVE,PEACE,UNITY-- Love your enemies( the same as your friends and family) Return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if thirsty give him a drink. vengeance is mine said the Lord.

Spirit of antichrist in the mortal heart--- Hate, Fear, calamities, division-- Fill your heart with fear, let it turn to anger then hate--return evil to your enemy as far as to kill him. take vengeance for pride and self.

The world hates this reality. Because the majority have premeditated return evil for evil in their hearts.
A very sad world this is--2Tim 3

kjw47

And if they choose not to, where's the power satan has? HE HAS NO POWER EXCEPT WHAT WE GIVE HIM! You choose to follow Jesus, where is satans POWER over you? HE HAS NONE!!!

Not one trinity religion follows Jesus. They never would have stood on both sides of the wars of hatred--returning evil for evil.

kjw47

Job 1:5 (ESV Strong's) 5 And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.

I think he was confused, nothing like that was ever allowed to occur--God protected his followers fully until satan made that challenge to Gods face.

kjw47

Since you choose not to engage the texts that refute your position it clearly demonstrates that your position is indefensible in a logical debate. Just sayin'.

I have already gone through years of this. I know fact from fiction.

Rick B

Premium Member
The LOVE--Jesus spoke of--hard to find on this earth. I will introduce you to the real Jesus and who follows him and who does not

The spirit of Jesus in the mortal heart-- LOVE,PEACE,UNITY-- Love your enemies( the same as your friends and family) Return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if thirsty give him a drink. vengeance is mine said the Lord.

Spirit of antichrist in the mortal heart--- Hate, Fear, calamities, division-- Fill your heart with fear, let it turn to anger then hate--return evil to your enemy as far as to kill him. take vengeance for pride and self.

The world hates this reality. Because the majority have premeditated return evil for evil in their hearts.
A very sad world this is--2Tim 3

This reply has nothing to do with my post you quoted. Therefore irrelevant.

Rick B

Premium Member
Not one trinity religion follows Jesus. They never would have stood on both sides of the wars of hatred--returning evil for evil.

Is one of the reasons that you reject the trinity, as well as all JW's, but more specifically as the title of this thread presents - the deity of Christ, is because He is called the "Son" of God? And therefore not God?

djhwoodwerks

And if they choose not to, where's the power satan has? HE HAS NO POWER EXCEPT WHAT WE GIVE HIM! You choose to follow Jesus, where is satans POWER over you? HE HAS NONE!!!

This was your response to my above post, typical witness! Please respond to my post, without going of track please!

djhwoodwerks

I think he was confused, nothing like that was ever allowed to occur--God protected his followers fully until satan made that challenge to Gods face.

Huh? Are you confused? Since that is your post, words you personally wrote, WHERE IS SATANS MIGHTY POWER???? If he couldn't do ANYTHING without God's approval, WHERE IS HIS POWER????!!!!!!???????!!!!!!??????

djhwoodwerks

Witnesses fail this one terribly! Witnesses are taught to hate their enemies, to loath them!

Rick B

Premium Member
I have already gone through years of this. I know fact from fiction.

Since you've "gone through years of this" your direct, relevant, on topic responses should come easily and quickly.

Does the title "Son" of God mean He's not God?

If Jesus is the Word "And His name is called the Word of God" Rev. 19:13b

And if "The Word was God" John 1:1

Then Jesus is God.

Rick B

Premium Member
@kjw47 Since you've "gone through years of this" your direct, relevant, on topic responses should come easily and quickly.

Does the title "Son" of God mean He's not God?

If Jesus is the Word "And His name is called the Word of God" Rev. 19:13b

And if "The Word was God" John 1:1

Then Jesus is God.

Crickets!

kjw47

This was your response to my above post, typical witness! Please respond to my post, without going of track please!

I was showing you satans power and who lives by it. It was a response to what you said. You seem to hate reality. No true brother in Christ would stand against another brother in Christ unless the darkness rules their lives. That is satans power. Do you know Jesus--LOVE==PEACE--UNITY-- at all times--not do the opposite because a man tells you it is ok.
One must obey God as ruler rather than men. We live under a new covenant-- LOVE--one does not kill on the orders of mortal man. Its the exact opposite of the spirit of Jesus in the mortal heart. Its what-- The World-- does-- The World that Jesus said to be no part of. People think it will be easy to follow Jesus in a satan ruled world. It will be the hardest thing they can ever accomplish. And it has more value than all the Gold, Money, Gemstones, etc combined.

kjw47

Is one of the reasons that you reject the trinity, as well as all JW's, but more specifically as the title of this thread presents - the deity of Christ, is because He is called the "Son" of God? And therefore not God?

Facts prove--No trinity God exists

100% FACT OF Israelite history-- From Moses on up until this very day--In every synagogue and temple ever constructed to the true living God--they taught, served, and worshipped-- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)--- The Israelites served the only true God= Fact.
This is the God taught to Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter and Jesus while he attended his first 30 years on earth--Not one of them, ever refuted that God. And does one actually think that Jesus would attend a place of worship to a false god= Never.
The Israelite--RELIGION-- was cut off-Matthew 23:37-39)--They outright refuse to do verse 39 for over 1900 years. God did not change. The religion that came out of Rome years later changed God. And translated false council teachings into trinity translations.

kjw47

Huh? Are you confused? Since that is your post, words you personally wrote, WHERE IS SATANS MIGHTY POWER???? If he couldn't do ANYTHING without God's approval, WHERE IS HIS POWER????!!!!!!???????!!!!!!??????

When you have read the bible, did you learn anything?
Fact
Noahs day--8 humans served God--99% mislead by satans power.
Israelite kings apostocised over and over in the ot= 99% mislead by satans power.
Jesus, apostles, followers-murdered= 99% mislead by satans power.
Today= 99% mislead by satans power.

A sad reality. And you question Jesus who said--Satan is the ruler of this world.
Jesus is with one single religion( 1Cor 1:10)-- all other religion( Babylon the great) 99% owned and operated by satan posing as those gods. bY --POWER. He truly is the ruler of this world. It is almost done.