• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible And UFOs

cardero

Citizen Mod
FFH writes: Alien life is a myth sent by God to deceive those who want to believe this lie and who have fears about it.

"I will bring their fears upon them"

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J36ajm5c-g
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7-3caie4A
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfaAiHLLCVQ
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuE-dfpAkBs
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVM4Y7F1Ro

This is a follow up to FFH’s UFO’s A Strong Delusion thread. In that thread I contend that UFO’s were not only prevalent in ancient times but also well documented. I believe the Bible to be one of the best and earliest books of contact and encounters with otherworldly BEings.

I plan to discuss with any members that whenever UFO’s are present in the Bible, that there seems to be an interfering effort and an agenda to confuse, segregate, manipulate and control the primitive culture of that era (a practice that may still carry over into future generations) through the effects of instilling fear, displaying immense power or miracles and using other-worldly technologies and techniques which would seem appropriate of a race of beings with a (scheming) agenda in mind but a behavior that also from my understanding seems to be very un-GOD-like.

To quote William Shatner in the motion picture Star Trek V; The Final Frontier
“What does GOD need with a starship?”

Though it is not mandatory to watch the 5-part video it may help you with your understanding of the Bible and the current UFO phenomenon. I thought the History Channel produced a fair and interesting documentary that not only reexamines our own history but forces us to question our current beliefs.

At this time I will thoughtfully consider any and all comments and responses.

Hope

Princesinha
I think the explanation for UFOs, "aliens," and all this other supernatural phenomena is simpler than most non-Christians make it out to be. I don't think "aliens" are visitors from another planet or star system, but rather visitors from another dimension----i.e., the spiritual realm. And if so, of course they have been interacting with humanity for thousands of years. :rolleyes: I believe "aliens" are merely demons.

A Christian couple I knew once related a story of a UFO encounter they had, and it seemed to verify what I already believed about "aliens," UFOs, etc. They said a UFO landed in their back yard, and it emanated such an evil presence, that they began to pray fervently against it, using the name of Jesus. Within minutes, it took off. They were just an ordinary, suburban couple, and I had no reason to doubt the veracity of their story.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Hope writes: I think the explanation for UFOs, "aliens," and all this other supernatural phenomena is simpler than most non-Christians make it out to be. I don't think "aliens" are visitors from another planet or star system, but rather visitors from another dimension----i.e., the spiritual realm.

This is a theory that most researchers are now realizing. There is also the belief that these BEings can materialize and dematerialize between physical and spiritual realms. Some researchers still prefer the extra-terrestial hypothesis and entertain the idea that if alien BEings do come from another galaxy, they have access through the space/time continuum to continually make the trip back and forth to our planet.

Hope writes: And if so, of course they have been interacting with humanity for thousands of years. I believe "aliens" are merely demons.

I believe labeling aliens as demons or angels is a bit presumptuous on our part. I believe that there are negative entities and positive entities even in our own society. One just has to individually determine and compare the effects of these individual to our purpose and spirit.

Hope writes: A Christian couple I knew once related a story of a UFO encounter they had, and it seemed to verify what I already believed about "aliens," UFOs, etc. They said a UFO landed in their back yard, and it emanated such an evil presence, that they began to pray fervently against it, using the name of Jesus. Within minutes, it took off. They were just an ordinary, suburban couple, and I had no reason to doubt the veracity of their story.
Taken in consideration your response and the belief that aliens are demons, I would be interested on your thoughts to the History Channel’s documentary and the account of the Exodus, do you think that the entities that Moses and the Isrealites were following were demons or angels from God?

Exodus 13:21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: 22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Labeling aliens as demons is just like what the Covenant did in Halo to Master Chief. And no, I don't play Halo, but I do like the situation. Extreme religious aliens assume that humans are demonic entities, when they were just trying to explore new worlds, I think.

What's the difference, really?

Our own books cannot hope to explain that which the primitive humans had no knowledge about, and which we have about as much knowledge about.

OutOfTime

I agree with aliens being used to decieve us. i think that in the future, people will turn towards more of an alien religion. the idea that royalty originated from the mixing of human and alien blood will come more into play and people will look up to man/alien as god and forgetr the true god.

OutOfTime

the king james version of the bible has definetely been changed sadly and they've put some things in to push the alien agenda. i think that in the future, the illuminati will use this. they'll use the panspermia theory. they'll say that aliens are our true gods...this is what the phoenix mars mission is all about trying to prove that life exists on mars. the illuminati will claim to be descendants from these aliens and the antichrist will say that he can communicate with them because he'll say that he's their relative.

the man who i think changed the king james version of the bible was...shakespeare.

Hope

Princesinha
Taken in consideration your response and the belief that aliens are demons, I would be interested on your thoughts to the History Channel’s documentary and the account of the Exodus, do you think that the entities that Moses and the Isrealites were following were demons or angels from God?

Exodus 13:21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: 22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

I don't believe the phenomena were angels or demons. I believe they were pillars of fire and cloud, just as the Bible says. ;)

gnomon

Speaking of aliens and demons....

has anyone read Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke.

cardero

Citizen Mod
BalanceFX writes: Is this supposed to be a joke or are you seriously proposing this?
It is not my original propostion. These beliefs and theories seem to have existed way before my birth of 1966. The History Channel links provided do not come from any productional budgets that I have granted. Did you get a chance to watch those segments?

BalanceFX writes: I would highly reccomend Carl Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World"
Last time I deposited such claims about the Bible and UFO connection, I was recommended by another RF member to read a 500 pg. Carl Sagan/ I. S. Shklovskii tome entitled Intelligent Life In The Universe about the existence of extraterrestrial life. As interesting as the book was about the science and formation of the universe, only a small portion was dedicated to the interest and investigation of extraterrestrial life and even that small part was steeped in speculation (not that there is anything incorrect about speculation).

Maybe it would be a better idea if I was to suggest some reading material.

The Bible and Flying Saucers Rev. Barry Downing
Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee

There is no proof to suggest that the BEings that encountered Bliblical authors were angels or demons or even extraterrestials entities but if the Bible is to believed and these interactions did occur with primitive cultures the questions remain “who are they?” “where do they come from?” and “what do they want?”

cardero

Citizen Mod
I agree with aliens being used to decieve us. i think that in the future, people will turn towards more of an alien religion. the idea that royalty originated from the mixing of human and alien blood will come more into play and people will look up to man/alien as god and forgetr the true god.
I believe that this future is now. Look at the example of Jesus' birth and the inherent seed. There are some religions that do not have any problem accepting that negative entities have misled some humans in the formation of religion, they just are not willing to consider that this may have happened to their own religion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe the Bible to be one of the best and earliest books of contact and encounters with otherworldly BEings.
There are several Biblical verses that can be interpreted as contact of extra-terrestrials. Even Mary, and her virgin birth, describe many modern accounts of some form of sexual contact between man and alien.
It might just be a possibility that Jesus was the son of a extra-terrestrail being, and was genetically programmed with healing abilities.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
The videos have been taken down... what were they called? I'd be interested to see them if I could find them elsewhere.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
The funny thing is, the Bible would make a whole lot more sense if what was recorded in those videos were true. But I personally don't believe aliens have visited this planet. And if they have, I don't know why they'd want to mess it up so much.

All of the videos you posted have been removed by youtube. What's the reason for that? Anyway, you are making a huge assumption when you speak of ufo's as being credible entities. You are assuming they are real and exist. They are not proven by any means and any validity to them is by faith and belief of the individual, nothing more. Just like religion.

Ufo's are not proven to be real, and many people don't believe in them at all. I am one of those people.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
All of the videos you posted have been removed by youtube. What's the reason for that? Anyway, you are making a huge assumption when you speak of ufo's as being credible entities. You are assuming they are real and exist. They are not proven by any means and any validity to them is by faith and belief of the individual, nothing more. Just like religion.

Ufo's are not proven to be real, and many people don't believe in them at all. I am one of those people.

The videos in post #15 work fine and the documentary does not posit the proof that angels, demons and/or aliens actually exist but instead provides a compelling argument that the myths as documented in the Bible closely resembles our own modern UFO phenomenon. Believe it or not.

Last edited: