• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible And Flying Saucers

cardero

Citizen Mod
Many researchers have made mention to phenomenon in the Bible that compared to our modern day tradition and behavior of aliens and unidentified sightings of unknown aircraft. Ezekiel’s vision, Mary’s confrontation and the eventual immaculate conception of Jesus, the miracles and relationship with unseen forces that Moses cited respectively in his books bears an uncanny resemblance to our documented UFO cases today.

Could aliens have been visiting ancient prophets with messages from God or could this be a generational worldwide scheme to confuse and manipulate humankind.

Though I believe in aliens I don't think they have ever visited earth not do I think that its a "generational worldwide scheme to confuse and manipulate humankind," people just believe weird and strange things.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why believe in something for which there is little on no evidence and which is almost entirely, or entirely, based on raw speculation?

Numbers, life formed on earth and scientists think it formed rather quickly (on geologic time scale) plus this universe is extremely vast with billions of stars in a galaxy and billions of galaxy's. Now life is probably rare and intelligent life extremely rare. Which is one of the reasons I think aliens have never visited earth.

almifkhar

i think it is quite possible with tha bible/alien thing. the hindu texts also speak of chariots in the skies, how the gods came down, weapons which hold the might of the universe, etc.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
cardero said:
Many researchers have made mention to phenomenon in the Bible that compared to our modern day tradition and behavior of aliens and unidentified sightings of unknown aircraft. Ezekiel’s vision, Mary’s confrontation and the eventual immaculate conception of Jesus, the miracles and relationship with unseen forces that Moses cited respectively in his books bears an uncanny resemblance to our documented UFO cases today.

Could aliens have been visiting ancient prophets with messages from God or could this be a generational worldwide scheme to confuse and manipulate humankind.
Hey Cardero,

At last, someone brought this up! I have recorded quite a lot of shows on these two subjects. The reason why I separate them is that the evidence for UFOs can be over-reaching. Ezekiel did not write about a UFO encounter and I can state this as a fact. It is a very symbolic and metaphorical representation that is portrayed as a vision. Since this is a subject I am writing about I will not disclose what it is saying, but I have it figured out. Concentrating on the Bible and not on other extrabiblical accounts, there are good explanations to these other visions and narratives. Moses is represented as the prophet in his appearance and one finds and example of this in Revelation. These kinds of representations are numerous and have more to do with "prophetic language" than accounts of alien encounters.

I don't think that there is any scheme at work here. Not totally sure who you are saying the manipulators are but as to the writings of the Bible, the prophets were relaying messages in a metaphorical language to relate their messages to the initiated. This has been almost lost to us do to the faction of literal interpretation of the Bible.

There is so much evidence about UFOs that it really makes you think. I haven't seen one yet so I am undecided. The problem is that I cannot absolutely refute or acknowledge their existence.

Craig

AtheistAJ

I saw footages of "flying saucers" from the 1950's on the Discovery channel, along with interviews of people who were at the Area 51 and have seen them. They say those were just primitive sub-orbiter satellites that used ancient air-suppression hover technology to spy on Russians.

Even though I doubt aliens even know about this planet yet that they do exist, as Universe is so vast if not infinite.

What are these "aliens", and are they "aliens" at all?

All throughout history we find civilizations speaking of supernatural gods that come to earth with revolutionary teachings, most of them desiring worship. Many UFO researchers have cited Isaiah chapter 14, which states that Lucifer was cast out of heaven for attempting to put his throne above that of the true God.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

The book of Enoch goes deeper into the story, speaking of 200 angels that apparently followed Lucifer in his fall out of heaven, and into the second heaven.

"And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl,

Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. These are their chiefs of tens.

And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms

and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants."

Matthew, chapter 24 tells us that in the future, the same things (the genetic manipulation, the "watchers" intervention on earth) will be taking place again.

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

In the days of Noe, the "Sons of God" came to earth and bred with women.

Genesis Chapter 6:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

"...But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

The story continues with the building of the ark which we are all familiar with.

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch."

The earth was utterly destroyed by a great flood, apparently because of the corruption of mankind's DNA.

I'm sure many of you have heard of alien abduction cases involving women being either impregnated and/or experimented upon, it has become part of the alien pop culture of our society. Is it happening again? Are the fallen angels once again manipulating humanity?

Another very interesting story regarding ET is the story of Aleister Crowley
Aleister was a famous top ranking occultist, who adopted the name 'The Beast' as his own. Aleister conducted a ritual called the Amalantrah Workings. This ritual was part of his "Great work," the goal of this great work was to establish contact with non-human intelligences.

The following is from ThothWeb, describing the ritual:

"The purpose of the Amalantrah invocations, by Crowley’s own admission was to open an interdimensional portal that would allow him access to beings from other dimensions. One of the beings that came through this portal, the one Crowley sketched was named Lam."

"The picture of Lam itself can certainly be considered genuine as it has a verifiable history. Crowley actually included the portrait of Lam in his ‘Dead Souls exhibition’ held in Greenwich Village, New York, in 1919. It was also used as an illustration to H.P Blavatsky’s book ‘The Voice of the Silence’ around the same time."

The article continues...

"Beneath the picture Blavatsky wrote: "Lam is the Tibetan word for Way or Path, and LAMA is He who Goeth, the specific title of the Gods of Egypt, the Treader of the Path, in Buddhistic phraseology."

The picture of "Lam" is nearly identical to the modern day "gray" alien.

Look at the photo, and article, here: http://www.thothweb.com/article-126--0-0.html

A recent poll that was posted on Chuck Baldwin's site shows us that the Christian community has been weakened greatly by some means.

The story was titled "Christian’s no different from the world." The story went on to say that pollster George Barna conducted a poll regarding the beliefs and conduct of today’s Christians. He used the following criteria:

*Believing that absolute moral truths exist.
*Such truths are defined by the bible.
*Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. *God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator and still rules today.
*Salvation is a gift of God and cannot be earned.
*Christians have a responsibility to share their faith in Christ.
*Satan is real.
*The Bible is accurate in all its teachings.

Surprisingly, the poll concluded that only 9% of today’s Christians have a biblical world view. According to these statistics, more than 90% of "born again" Christians would deny any one of these criteria.

In this compromised state, new biblical "truths" can flow in with little to no resistance.

Could one such "Truth", completely at odds with true biblical teachings be a "Supernatural working of deception" to convince humanity that he has evolved, or is evolving physically and spiritually to eventually dwell with the gods, his supposedly true creators?

"...of whom is his [i.e., the lawless one's] arrival according to [the] supernatural working of Satan, in all power and signs and wonders of deceit [fig., counterfeit miracles], and in all deception of the unrighteousness among the ones perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth for them to be saved. And for this reason God will send to them a supernatural working of deception, for them to believe the lie, so that they shall be judged, all the ones not having believed the truth, _but_ the ones having delighted in unrighteousness."
(2 Thess 2:9-12 ALT version)

Recently the Catholic church has issued several amazing statements regarding evolution, aliens, and the bible.

"Catholic church no longer swears by the truth of the bible"

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true. NI_MPU('middle');
The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible."

"Evolution in the bible, says Vatican"

"THE Vatican has issued a stout defence of Charles Darwin, voicing strong criticism of Christian fundamentalists who reject his theory of evolution and interpret the biblical account of creation literally."

Do space aliens have souls? Inquiring minds can check Jesuit's book

"VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Galaxy-gazing scientists surely wonder about what kind of impact finding life or intelligent beings on another planet would have on the world."

Brother Consolmagno said the Bible is also replete with references to or descriptions of "nonhuman intelligent beings" who worship God. For example, he said the Scriptures talk about angels, "sons of God" who took human wives, and "heavenly beings" that "shouted for joy" when God created the earth."

What do we walk away with from these announcements?

1. The bible is not true in all its teachings.

2. The creation story, as we have known it, may be flawed.

3. A feeling of "Hath God said?"

Is this part of the great supernatural working of deception?

Is humanity being prepared to accept his new gods?

the great supernatural working of deception=armaggedon->hasnt come to pass don't worry about it.
new gods are as bad as the old one's i have an oath too every other human
and if any of you disagree with it...just not my problem.

i pray to no god who doesn't pray to me first
i learn from no god who doesn't learn from me first
i sacrifice nothing to any god who won't sacrifice anything to me
i will eat from the tree of life with or without the laws of any god
i am man and those who refuse to rule with me will not fall in battle alone
i will die for my church and my state,i will die for my land and my people,but i will not die for any god who opposes me

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
The Conspirator said:
Now life is probably rare and intelligent life extremely rare. Which is one of the reasons I think aliens have never visited earth.
Intelligent life on earth is rare too! :rolleyes:

shrop

blood-lord14 said:
the great supernatural working of deception=armaggedon->hasnt come to pass don't worry about it.
new gods are as bad as the old one's i have an oath too every other human
and if any of you disagree with it...just not my problem.

i pray to no god who doesn't pray to me first
i learn from no god who doesn't learn from me first
i sacrifice nothing to any god who won't sacrifice anything to me
i will eat from the tree of life with or without the laws of any god
i am man and those who refuse to rule with me will not fall in battle alone
i will die for my church and my state,i will die for my land and my people,but i will not die for any god who opposes me
That must be a very sad way of life.

shrop

I cannot understand how Bible believing people would really believe in aliens. I could be wrong, but I don't know of any scripture that would suggest that there is life on other planets. If you know of something other than supernatural beings please let me know.

SoyLeche

meh...
shrop said:
I cannot understand how Bible believing people would really believe in aliens. I could be wrong, but I don't know of any scripture that would suggest that there is life on other planets. If you know of something other than supernatural beings please let me know.
I don't remember things like computers being mentioned either - but I'm pretty sure they exist.

shrop

SoyLeche said:
I don't remember things like computers being mentioned either - but I'm pretty sure they exist.
Computers were created by man. Aliens would have to be created by something bigger than man. I believe all things were created by God. (John 3:1) Computers are a bad analogy here. I admit I could be wrong, but that will not convince me.

SoyLeche

meh...
shrop said:
Computers were created by man. Aliens would have to be created by something bigger than man. I believe all things were created by God. (John 3:1) Computers are a bad analogy here. I admit I could be wrong, but that will not convince me.
It probably was a bad analogy, but the point is that just becuase something isn't mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Maybe Zebras are a better choice for a comparison. Or Kangaroos.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Aliens, as in Extra terestrials are certainly mentioned in the Bible. Where do you think God and angels come from? Also, flying saucers are certainly mentioned in the Bible. Didn't Elijha get to heaven in a flying chariot?