• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The BBC Gibraltar story

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35743731

"Rosa would most likely not have been here in Gibraltar if it weren't for the EU," says Damon

And not a single f*ck was given.

The ringtone on Rosa's mobile phone reminds Damon of one of their many worries. "You wonder if things like data roaming charges will go - would that come back in if Gibraltar weren't a member of the EU?"

Ah yes, what wonderful day when everything conveniently falls into place. No one believes your story-telling, BBC.
Besides, data roaming charges are so trivial and pales so much into utter insignificance compared to saying "bye bye" to the Union and "hello" to independence. We pay many billions so that Dave and Margaret can enjoy a little lower charge on their phone bills whilst on holiday in Marbella.
When I travelled to Norway for a skiing trip, my phone bill was really not that much lower than whenever I use it in continental European EU nations--ceratinly not enough to justify remaining.

If that happens, Rosa says she would be devastated. "I don't want Britain to vote yes, because there is a possibility that the Spanish will decide to close the frontier. For me that would be, well the worst decision in my life because I cannot see my parents."

Well Spain is a b*tch and always will be. Whether you're in, out or shaking it all about. Indeed, Spain were even denying docking for ships near the port with Gibraltar as a hostile manouever--even blocking a Dutch freight ship.
They wouldn't close the frontier and deny the passage of Gibraltarians as this would be illegal under the EEA Agreement and functioning of the Single Market, which we would remain in.

SpeaksForTheTrees

"Germanys unforgivable crime before WW2 was its attempt to loosen its economy out of the world trade system and to build up an own exchange system from which the world-finance couldnt profit anymore. ...We butchered the wrong pig." - Winston Churchill, The second World War (Bern, 1960)

SpeaksForTheTrees

If British leave EU , Germany going to once again be carrying full burden of stagnant endebted Europe .
I want UK stay in so Germany doesn't leave next
Is small price to pay imho

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
"Germanys unforgivable crime before WW2 was its attempt to loosen its economy out of the world trade system and to build up an own exchange system from which the world-finance couldnt profit anymore. ...We butchered the wrong pig." - Winston Churchill, The second World War (Bern, 1960)

If British leave EU , Germany going to once again be carrying full burden of stagnant endebted Europe .
I want UK stay in so Germany doesn't leave next
Is small price to pay imho

Nice memes.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Nice memes.
Yeah but the implications when your realize Churchill didn't mean the Jewish population and not our monarch.
Last way to squeeze the last few euro out of a broken Europe during a wealth transfer is actually blow it up and burden the survivors with the repair bills and munitions costs , I'm still paying for shells fired in ww1 during first wealth transfers to the new world I can't afford another war right now.
Next new world is mars I believe , God of War just asking for trouble ,lol .
Good thing ww3 there won't be enough survivors to foot the bills , turning the world into paper for today bad enough but even I don't think they so stupid .
Sorry mate personally don't care so much for Gibraltar as priority for staying in , is people living in cardboard in UK cities , but glad it does help your cause .