• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anatomy of Morality. What do you think?

What is (are) the Source for Human Moral Sense?

• Divine Command Revealed through Scripture Only

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Can be Achieved by Human Reason Only

• Is a Human Emotional Condition

• Innate Human Behavioural Tendencies due to Evolution

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A Combination of Several of the Above Ingredients

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

MSizer

MSizer
What do you think are the ingredients for the concept of human morality? Feel free to offer other possibilities or thoughts.

Last edited:

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I've chosen "Is a Human Emotional Condition". As Each has a moral code but can change how you feel. If I feel mellow, I follow the law of three, But if I'm ******, I could cause major havoc and feel nothing afterward, meaning I feel I've acted in "my moral" code

Kerr

Philosophically, morality is a code of conduct, to put it simple. It can come from anywhere, reason, emotion, what someone believes to be the will of God...

Although I voted Combination, I would leave divine command out of the equation.
Same here.

Commoner

Headache
Went for "innate" as the source of morality, although there are multiple factors that ultimatelly shape it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I voted for vanilla. It's my favorite flavor of ice cream, and I always vote for it.