• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Aeon of Set and the Words

Ahanit

Another Important Thing in Setianism is the Word

Like you can read at Xeper.org there are words which are Important for the Setian path and the Aeon of Set.

The Word every one knows is Xeper, but there are more.

I think to have an insight into the Aeon and Setianism in whole it is important to understand the existance of the words.

Every Word is the frame of an Idea, which is helpful for walking the Setian path.

Excuse me when I again take my own Ideas to explain it.

Looking into the soul of the Aeon, the Starocean, the words are stars with Charakteristiks and Interaction like the stars in our material Universe. Like I have said in the Xem thread, Xem is a Black Hohle, Xeper is a strong present Star like the Polar Star. Other words can show us normal stars, Blue Dwarfs, Red Giants. etc.

The Words given to the Magi are very dominant stars, which have a strong representation within the Starocean.

Walking a path through the Aeon, you can use the Words/Stars to find the direction where you want to go. Or you make a triangulation between different stars to find the path.

So the words are the same like the stars for Seaman sailing all around the World.

What do you think about the Aeon and the words?

"Thus in what I might term the LBM sense, an aeon is simply an attitude which one chooses or is conditioned to adopt."

-Ipsissimus Michael Aquino - The Temple of Set

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I like how Don Webb, second Magus of Xeper, crystallized the Word of the Aeon of Set;

"The symbols of Xeper are the scarab beetle and the dawning sun. The beetle is symbolic of self trust and hard work. The beetle goes through very different stages from egg to larva to pupa to beetle. Each stage has its own Work, a particular way of gathering energy and materials, particular ways of transforming them. It senses its own evolution and works toward it -- even though the momentum of that evolution will change its shape radically -- taking it at the appropriate time into unknown worlds and new modes of Being. The dawn is symbolic of the way the world is perceived. Unlike the followers of conventional religion who posses guidebooks that explain the world away, the Seeker after Xeper is looking for an intensification of his or her own Being so that the world may be made intelligible in his or her own light. In this darkling universe there are no lights save for those you create through your hard work, your spiritual rebellion, your seeking after the mysteries of your own choosing. When that light dawns, it will by its very nature not only give you moments of clarity about the things in your life closest to you, it will likewise show you new horizons -- horizons for you and you alone to explore."

full

Last edited:

Daelach

Setian
Hm well, word.. Platonian ideals, so to say. That could entrail a complex discussion about what actually shapes reality, mind or matter. Or both, mutually. These days, I'd rather say that words are overrated.

Where mind can travel, there are no words.. to misquote a popular movie. (;

Ralphg

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon :
In many Gnostic systems, the various emanations of God, who is also known by such names as the One, the Monad, Aion teleos (αἰών τέλεος "The Broadest Aeon"), Bythos ("depth or profundity", Greek βυθός), Proarkhe ("before the beginning", Greek προαρχή), the Arkhe ("the beginning", Greek ἀρχή), "Sophia" (wisdom), Christos (the Anointed One) are called Aeons.

Aren't some obvious (hint hint) Words simply the names of the Aeons? So here: One, Monad, Bythos, Proarkhe, Arkhe, Sophia and Christos.

I'm a 'messenger' and so I also have been given a few Words (and sentences for that matter). For obvious reasons I won't share them (altough I'm pretty sure they can't be (mis)used by anyone else then myself, they only 'work' when used by me) but I can tell you they ARE real and they are used as a sort of Key to show deities where you 'come from' or what your 'status' is. I've noticed 1 Word has changed into another Word since the last time I've used a couple of them as part of my 'job' as a 'messenger'. One Word by itself and spoken of thought of is not effective. The Words are only effective once in a 'trance' and being surrounded by deities/supernatural beings. The Words also have 'echoes' and must be spoken on the right time during 'the Conversation'. Once the Words have helped you to bring you to 'where you came from' you can 'find yourself' and become 'a God' cq 'make a wish'.

This is one of the most beautifull examples of the Words I've ever seen (first 30 sec. of the clip).

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon :
In many Gnostic systems, the various emanations of God, who is also known by such names as the One, the Monad, Aion teleos (αἰών τέλεος "The Broadest Aeon"), Bythos ("depth or profundity", Greek βυθός), Proarkhe ("before the beginning", Greek προαρχή), the Arkhe ("the beginning", Greek ἀρχή), "Sophia" (wisdom), Christos (the Anointed One) are called Aeons.

Aren't some obvious (hint hint) Words simply the names of the Aeons? So here: One, Monad, Bythos, Proarkhe, Arkhe, Sophia and Christos.

I'm a 'messenger' and so I also have been given a few Words (and sentences for that matter). For obvious reasons I won't share them (altough I'm pretty sure they can't be (mis)used by anyone else then myself, they only 'work' when used by me) but I can tell you they ARE real and they are used as a sort of Key to show deities where you 'come from' or what your 'status' is. I've noticed 1 Word has changed into another Word since the last time I've used a couple of them as part of my 'job' as a 'messenger'. One Word by itself and spoken of thought of is not effective. The Words are only effective once in a 'trance' and being surrounded by deities/supernatural beings. The Words also have 'echoes' and must be spoken on the right time during 'the Conversation'. Once the Words have helped you to bring you to 'where you came from' you can 'find yourself' and become 'a God' cq 'make a wish'.

This is one of the most beautifull examples of the Words I've ever seen (first 30 sec. of the clip).

Hello Ralphg. Your post here is interesting, but what we are discussing in this thread is the Aeon of Set and its Words. Each Aeon is established by a Word which is Uttered by that Aeons first Magus. In the case of the AoS, it was established by the Word Xeper (pronounced Khefer), uttered by the Aeons first Magus Michael A. Aquino, which resulted in the re-manifestation of the Temple of Set on Earth, but not in Egypt, rather, this time on the other side of the world in the West. All other subsequent Words uttered by other Magi of the Aeon are known as Aeon Enhancing Words, which do just that, enhance and further the original energizing Principle and current of the Aeon. For instance in the AoS other Aeon Enhancing Words have been uttered by their individual Magi such as "Remanifestation" and "Runa".

Each Magi is Tasked with uttering their Word upon the world and crystalizing or weaving it into the fabric of the objective universe. Some Aeonic Words have there own Magical Formulae of activation. For instance the Word of the Aeon of Set, Xeper's Magical Formulae is - Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu = "I Have Come Into Being And By The Process Of My Becoming I Have Become The Creator Of That Which Has Come Into Being." Or more simplified, "The Self-Created God Creates Creations". Or take for instance the Word of the Aeon of Horus, Thelema = "True Will", Uttered by the Magus Aleister Crowley, its Magical Formulae - "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law, Love Is The Law, Love Under Will."

You've heard the term "The Law is for All"? The Aeonic Words are Principles of Existence and are Uttered so that all who are willing may hear them. They are divine principles and cannot be corrupted.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adra Melek\

Last edited:

Ralphg

Oh, I didn't know about uttering the Word upon the world. I've already had a rapture in which 'my Word' (at least the words probably meant in this context) has been uttered and since I've 'laid down' my 'Magi Rope' I guess it's save to speak them out loud. My Word is/was: "Van mij, Voor mij, Door mij" it's Dutch and translated it's "From me, (be)For(e) me, Through me".

Ahanit

Interesting that the thread is still alive after so many years.
My intension was both talking about the importance of the words for the Aeon and the path but also to ask for the minor stars the words that are personally. Own words that come into being for one person to explain the Aeon and the path for him/her.

@Ralphg
You have an interesting word for your path, Talking about the words of the Aeon of Set at what point of the path has your word come into being and how does they sum up the aeon for you.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Just as there need only be Horus and Set there need only be Thelema and Xeper. Other Words area simply manifestations of these two Words. The sight of Horus and power of Set are both necessary to understand Runa, Xem, Remanifestation, etc.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Each Aeon is established by a Word which is Uttered by that Aeons first Magus. In the case of the AoS, it was established by the Word Xeper (pronounced Khefer), uttered by the Aeons first Magus Michael A. Aquino, which resulted in the re-manifestation of the Temple of Set on Earth, but not in Egypt, rather, this time on the other side of the world in the West. All other subsequent Words uttered by other Magi of the Aeon are known as Aeon Enhancing Words, which do just that, enhance and further the original energizing Principle and current of the Aeon. For instance in the AoS other Aeon Enhancing Words have been uttered by their individual Magi such as "Remanifestation".

Each Magi is Tasked with uttering their Word upon the world and crystalizing or weaving it into the fabric of the objective universe. Some Aeonic Words have there own Magical Formulae of activation. For instance the Word of the Aeon of Set, Xeper's Magical Formulae is - Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu = "I Have Come Into Being And By The Process Of My Becoming I Have Become The Creator Of That Which Has Come Into Being." Or more simplified, "The Self-Created God Creates Creations".

Below is something I posted in another thread which I think would be relevant to this discussion. In order to Understand the Words you must experience the Power of the Words.

Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb/noun written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as "To Become" or "To Evolve" or "I Have Come Into Being". We all have within ourselves our own individual hidden truths of being. The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete and absolute manifestation of these truths.

"Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions". It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one's life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one's own being expands. It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence. Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the soul or psyche from a lower state or base element into a higher state or divine element. Xeper happens. For instance, Xeper happened to me on that day when I first truly heard that piece of music which would inspire me to devote the next eight+ years of my life studying and learning music theory and piano technique. Xeper happened to me on that night when I first invoked the Name of Set in a working of Greater Black Magick and Came Into Being as a Setian. In those moments of dynamic spiritual transformation major paradigms in my life were shifted and I was changed for ever. Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were millions of years ago to that which we are today. Hence, it occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) level, and a microcosmic (individual) level; and Xeper continues to occur through the re-manifestation of these transformations of being.

Remanifestation is another essential principle in Setian philosophy, the Aeon, and the path of Xeper. It is what we do after Xeper happens, after a higher state of existence has become established. It is through the continual exercise and application of the knowledge, powers, and abilities which we have attained thus far to our continuing work which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries, develop stronger more refined abilities, and establish new higher states of existence. Without Remanifestation, Xeper would be a single event happening. Xeper and Remanifestation, in essence, is the food for the soul; we come into being and continually nurture that being through the exercise of the re-energized Black Flame. This is the process of self-directed self-evolution.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adra Melek\

Last edited: