• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, Satan.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Usually I don't post like this, but I felt the need. I've been going through a very demanding period in my life managing some adult-aged children who've faced a myriad of issues, and the only thing keeping me glued together is my spiritual side.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank the one that has been getting me through it, making himself known to me, and keeping me focused on doing the right things rather than being an emotional wreck. My prayers to have things resolved in some sort of sane fashion are being answered every day, and I am feeling a lot better. I originally ignored the information I received, but thankfully I have finally come around and feel much more able to cope in this trying time.

I also apologize a bit to the people here in that my frustrations had sort of been bleeding into my text here, hopefully my posting will be a bit better. :D

So, thanks Satan, for better posts and a better Mindmaster!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You actually think the father of lies helped you out and cares about you?

I don't believe anything actually, Satanism doesn't require faith it requires results. :D Anyway, all of these issues you have are outside of the scope of this post. Feel free to post them in debates, interfaith discussion, etc.. I'll answer you there.

DavidFirth

I don't believe anything actually, Satanism doesn't require faith it requires results. :D Anyway, all of these issues you have are outside of the scope of this post. Feel free to post them in debates, interfaith discussion, etc.. I'll answer you there.

I just asked you a simple question and you answered it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I just asked you a simple question and you answered it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Kind of, sort of, Satanism is a complex religion in the theistic sense. It has nothing to do with the Christian perspective, at all, really. Even in the biblical sense, Satan doesn't do anything bad so it's pretty silly to use terms like "father of lies". I rather like @crossfire comparison of being the "darkness in the light" rather than seeing Satan simply in terms of a good-evil dichotomy. Some find their solace in different places, and I am just one of them. I live and let live.

DavidFirth

Kind of, sort of, Satanism is a complex religion in the theistic sense. It has nothing to do with the Christian perspective, at all, really. Even in the biblical sense, Satan doesn't do anything bad so it's pretty silly to use terms like "father of lies". I rather like @crossfire comparison of being the "darkness in the light" rather than seeing Satan simply in terms of a good-evil dichotomy. Some find their solace in different places, and I am just one of them. I live and let live.

Hmm... ever read the book of Revelation?

Old Scratch

Usually I don't post like this, but I felt the need. I've been going through a very demanding period in my life managing some adult-aged children who've faced a myriad of issues, and the only thing keeping me glued together is my spiritual side.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank the one that has been getting me through it, making himself known to me, and keeping me focused on doing the right things rather than being an emotional wreck. My prayers to have things resolved in some sort of sane fashion are being answered every day, and I am feeling a lot better. I originally ignored the information I received, but thankfully I have finally come around and feel much more able to cope in this trying time.

I also apologize a bit to the people here in that my frustrations had sort of been bleeding into my text here, hopefully my posting will be a bit better. :D

Welcome you are!

DavidFirth

That's not "doing bad things" that's a prophecy... Which is a pretty tenuous position in the first place. :D

C'mon, I just asked you a question. Nevertheless, Revelation is in the Bible. There are other places in the Bible that prove you were wrong, too.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
C'mon, I just asked you a question. Nevertheless, Revelation is in the Bible. There are other places in the Bible that prove you were wrong, too.

You can't prove anything with the Bible, it's just a series of myths heavily edited and mutilated by parties who stood to lose a lot if they didn't. I prefer a one on one relationship with my preferred deity and don't require an intermediary. That's probably a sin for you as well, sucks to be you, I guess. :D No holy book is required for those whom feel the call and receive the message loud and clear. That is probably true regardless of your favored deity.. :D

I don't feel that makes me better than anyone else, but just reminds me that I should take even more time paying attention. :D

DavidFirth

You can't prove anything with the Bible, it's just a series of myths heavily edited and mutilated by parties who stood to lose a lot if they didn't. I prefer a one on one relationship with my preferred deity and don't require an intermediary. That's probably a sin for you as well, sucks to be you, I guess. :D No holy book is required for those whom feel the call and receive the message loud and clear. That is probably true regardless of your favored deity.. :D

I don't feel that makes me better than anyone else, but just reminds me that I should take even more time paying attention. :D

All I'm addressing is what you said is not in the Bible. That's it.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
All I'm addressing is what you said is not in the Bible. That's it.

This mostly becomes an argument of "which Bible", since there are many. All of the "devil" jazz was edited in post, and did not come from the original authors. Though, I consider the Bible completely irrelevant to Satanism much in the way that you probably consider The Satanic Bible, and similar texts irrelevant to the practice of Christianity.

Anyway, how you feel about it, or the validity of the Bible are irrelevant and just trolling my post at this point.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Whatever belief works for you and gets you through the daily crap reality dumps on you every day. :thumbsup:

DavidFirth

This mostly becomes an argument of "which Bible", since there are many. All of the "devil" jazz was edited in post, and did not come from the original authors. Though, I consider the Bible completely irrelevant to Satanism much in the way that you probably consider The Satanic Bible, and similar texts irrelevant to the practice of Christianity.

Anyway, how you feel about it, or the validity of the Bible are irrelevant and just trolling my post at this point.

If you no longer wish to discuss it, that's fine. All you had to do was say so.

Repox

Truth Seeker
I know for many it would be a big disappointment to know humans are not really that important, and they have no supernatural contacts, just imaginations. In reality, humans, except for symbolic communication abilities, are not much different that other species. They live, die and turn to dust.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
For reference, here is the post @Mindmaster was referring to:
Alright, a bit of symbolism to to show how I distinguish them: light in the darkness and darkness in the light: (in my view, of course:))
View attachment 18383

Lucifer as "a light in the darkness" is consciously going into the darkness of your unconscious mind.
Satan as "darkness in the light" is chaotic unconscious content coming out--often as Jungian "Shadow projection."

There is more to it than that, and the image has more symbolism for contemplation if one wishes to do so.