• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanking god in prayer.

new

God is goodness
Hi all,

What's the best way to Thank God in prayer?

Thanks.

I feel god is goodness and i feel that best way to thank goodness or god is by staying good in all moments, all tiny tiny moments which combines our life, every current moment and to remember to stay good in all moments as i sometimes forget to stay good when i am angry or sad so i keep recalling it that every time.
like if your teacher told you to study well in examination and u wish to thank your teacher or guide for wonderful guidance then i feel the best way i can thank is by studying and getting good result as that will bring smile and satisfaction on my teacher's face.
so i feel following god or goodness all the time and being good is thanking god or goodness :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi all,

Thanks.

That is a good question :)

The Bahá’í Writings describe prayer as a conversation with God. When in prayer, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá says, "We should speak in the…language of the spirit and heart. It is different from our language as our own language is different from that of the animals, who express themselves only by cries and sounds.", "It is the language of the spirit which speaks to God. When, in prayer, we are freed from all outward things and turn to God…Without words we speak, we communicate, we converse with God and hear the answer." He assures us that "All of us, when we attain to a truly spiritual condition, can hear the voice of God."

This is a Link to some Prayers - Scroll down to Praise and Gratitude. Prayers by Category

This is a link to more thoughts - Communicating with God

Regards Tony

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Personally the best way to thank God is whatever is utterly spontaneous.. It might be a formal prayer that is full of meaning, a song, the words 'Thank YOU' or something different.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hi all,

Thanks.
Talk to Him normally and just express your heart. Like you are thanking your friend.

And do it even for the little things.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Let me give you this Scripture:-
Deuteronomy 8:2-3 (KJV)
2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

God is vitally interested in your heart. He is interested in genuineness. He also likes His people to use His own Scripture back to Him holding Him to His promises. He would also like to know that you trust and joy in Him. It is not so much the words you use, but it is your loving heart, He wants to hear.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Often and sincerely. And for goodness sakes, keep it short and sweet. (By the time my aunty finishes saying grace, our food is cold. lol!! :p)

oranssi

The infinite zero
When we pray to God, we try to express our sentiment in words. But words are inherently limited. So how about a non-verbal communication? What if we could tap directly in the sentiment itself without the channel that is words and phrases?

In that way I would say, that the devotee is ever closer to the original fountain from which the sentiment sprung.

A walk in the park and feeling good is a nice gift.
And for that matter, everything we might feel.

But this is only so, if one feels it to be so.