• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you, Pope Francis

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Catholicism is conservative (traditionalist, rather) on issues of faith and personal morality (i.e. the family, sexuality, bioethics, etc.) but it's leftist on economic matters - from distributism all the way to a religious communism.

Yes that's so, but many would like to see that change, speaking to the former.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thank you for that honest insight into dogmatism.
Huh? I'm not sure what you're expecting. Catholicism, as with Orthodoxy, isn't Protestantism. We have Authority and Sacred Tradition to consider and we cannot change doctrines, Sacraments, etc. We're just not allowed and there's no way to do it. I mean, didn't you already know that?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Huh? I'm not sure what you're expecting. Catholicism, as with Orthodoxy, isn't Protestantism. We have Authority and Sacred Tradition to consider and we cannot change doctrines, Sacraments, etc. We're just not allowed and there's no way to do it. I mean, didn't you already know that?

Yes, I agree. That's why I said thank you for the insight into dogmatism. The nature of deeply held religious dogma is that it cannot change.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Like I said, I am not going to jump on some wagon to dis the Pope.

But I do have one comment:

I love that black Fiat he's riding around in. It is totally fab. A while back, there was a brand new black Fiat 500, almost identical to the Pope's Fiat, on display in the middle of the "floor" of an indoor shopping mall. I mean, this thing all shiny black and a very flashy eye popping "cuteness" about it was really attracting the meandering shoppers, including myself. Sort of eye candy kind of car. I wanted one. So, in retirement, I am thinking for sure I want a Tesla, but for a second car I want this black Fiat like the Pope has.

I heard some guy went riding around NYC downtown in a convertible with a wax Pope. A fake Pope lifesize Pope with a wax head, white robes. In fact this was the third stunt job with a fake dummy Pope in a car in New York causing a big scene, cruwds, traffic jams and almost a mini-riot. Prubably the word is out that it is the thing to do, and the same probably happened in Philly.

Now imagine having the exact same Fiat the Pope has, driving around with a wax lifesize Pontiff in the back seat with the a.window down, rigged up with a string running to the driver's side that can make the arm of the dummy Pope "wave to the crowd". Total pandemonium.

One thing I didn't get was, I love that Fiat for sure, but the environmental "message" of it as espoused by a real nice priest guy who I love and have seen this guy before on TV and man, I would love to be his pen pal he is so nice, but, it didn't make sense to be environmentally Italian in a Fiat while having two military style vehicles with hidden machine gunners, 52 "special squad"secret softshoe "wagons" burning 92 octane and packing 9mm's, a heliocopter overheard with RPGs, a 20 ton ambulance and fireteam complete with "rapid fire" hoses rigged to modified Ford Superduty Engines cranking camshafts that directly pump the 911, ah... this stuff was burning more petrol that Al Gore's private jet to the global warming summit.

Still, there is no doubt Fiat is now going to sell more uf those 500s. I will probably buy one. Their sales were down prior to the Pope, I suspect, because one dealership about 10 miles from where I live is now selling Dodges (Challengers and Chargers - man, with those 1960's style front ends and head lamps they are pretty fab, too, a tbrowback to those old muscle cars in looks!) - but now the car to be in, is one of those shinny black Fiat 500s so sales are going to start popping like corn at the movie hall. And they should, because I love that car!