• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Bans Gay Foster Parents

skills101

Vicar of Christ
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1693271,00.html

If the bill gains approval from the Texas senate, the state will be allowed to investigate the backgrounds of current foster parents and remove children living in non-heterosexual households.
All future foster parents will be required to disclose their sexual preference on an application form, a legislative aide said.
The great thing is, this is not a joke.

Okay let's take a look at the possible solutions... 1) Take innocent children and put them in a loving family who can raise and provide for them to the best of their ability... or 2) Throw them into an orphanage house, where of course, they would be cared for like Baby Jesus himself.

Now that's a tough one.

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
Hmm...ouch!

This is bull! (Honestly, that wasn't a Texas joke)

Are they afraid that being raised by gays would make the child gay? If anything I think the child will end up being more aware of the world than most adults. And besides, all this is doing is making a big problem massive...

"You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans" - George Carlin

seagull

skills101 said:
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1693271,00.html

The great thing is, this is not a joke.

Okay let's take a look at the possible solutions... 1) Take innocent children and put them in a loving family who can raise and provide for them to the best of their ability... or 2) Throw them into an orphanage house, where of course, they would be cared for like Baby Jesus himself.

Now that's a tough one.
That's what it takes to be a Republican these days.

Ceridwen018

DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION!

On what grounds to they think they can deny rights to a person because of their sexual orientation? Sexual orientation is no different than the color of skin, the inflection of voice, the preference of dress, one's culture, etc. I am absolutely outraged!

Fat Old Sun

I had a gay couple for baby sitters when I was a child. Homosexuals are just as capable of being good or bad parents as anyone else.

I would be more concerned about the children that are placed with abusive inbred white-trash foster parents who have a stack of complaints against them that the agencies don't have time or man power to investigate. Given the state of foster care, I would think that the state would be grateful to have more qualified people onboard instead of excluding them because of something that has no impact on ability to care for a child. This is Texass though.

seagull

Ceridwen018 said:
DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION!

On what grounds to they think they can deny rights to a person because of their sexual orientation? Sexual orientation is no different than the color of skin, the inflection of voice, the preference of dress, one's culture, etc. I am absolutely outraged!
I suppose we'll have to wait for this bill to become law to see how the courts judge on its Constitutionality. Until then...

Lycan

Preternatural
hey, we are not all inbred, white trash, prejudice hicks with christian right agendas down here :(

Fat Old Sun

Lycan said:
hey, we are not all inbred, white trash, prejudice hicks with christian right agendas down here :(
No, but I'm sure you've seen a few. I know I have. :D (they're everywhere)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Lycan said:
Is it that bad in the States ? - that you feel the need to speak up for yourself ? - Lycan, I would'nt have thought anyone would call you the above. Gays, I am sure, make just as good parents (and some will be bad) - just as in a hetero relationship.:)

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
skills101 said:
So if a gay couple isn't allowed to adopt, that means that no one else will want to?:sarcastic

I don't agree with the bill, but I am pretty sure you make a giant leap in your logic.

Ceridwen018

Bans on gay marriage and adoption have already been declared officially unconsitutional by the courts of the state of Massachusetts. Why isn't it being forced on all other states because of this ruling? Brown v. Topeka only had to happen once. This issue has already been faught over and resolved, so WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM? Texas' actions are totally and blatantly unconsitutional, and they will pay for this.

seagull

Ceridwen018 said:
Bans on gay marriage and adoption have already been declared officially unconsitutional by the courts of the state of Massachusetts. Why isn't it being forced on all other states because of this ruling? Brown v. Topeka only had to happen once. This issue has already been faught over and resolved, so WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM? Texas' actions are totally and blatantly unconsitutional, and they will pay for this.
The ban of gay adoption has been declared unconstitutional in Arkansas, too.

Pah

Uber all member
Texas must be still smarting for losing Lawerance v Texas. Get those "filthy perverts anyway you can". It's sickening.

We ought to boycott Texas products

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I really feel sorry for you guys - I can't imagine a country where each 'county' (to find a parallel) decides on it's own policies; all I can say is thank goodness we don't have a system like that in England!:eek:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I think I've become apathetic to all this by now. It's just one long list of things I can't do.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I'm afraid I'm feeling the same as Jensa...just one more to add to the list. Guess I won't be moving to Texas anytime soon...not that I had planned to anyway.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
EEWRED said:
So if a gay couple isn't allowed to adopt, that means that no one else will want to?:sarcastic
No, of course not. I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was saying that I think it is selfish to take a child and refuse him or her the right to a proper home and a loving family, regardless of a person's sexual orientation. From what I hear, an orphanage house is no love-home. And that truly isn't the place for a child.