• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee woman denied abortion after fetus’ ‘brain not attached’ slams state ban

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
How about those that are not married? Sex is an activity that is not at all limited to married people nor does there appear to be a valid reason to do so.

According to your beliefs of course.

I don't know about those who aren't married. I am not a Puritan. You'll have to ask one of them!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
According to US law and the Constitution.
Well, I will be honest, I haven't checked the Constitution but I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. I actually do agree that the US government has no right to interfere in the private lives of consenting adults.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, I will be honest, I haven't checked the Constitution but I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. I actually do agree that the US government has no right to interfere in the private lives of consenting adults.
You would have to go to USSC cases where they found that way. It is not explicitly in the Constitution.

Shaul

Premium Member
According to the article Ms Cecil had the ultrasound in January 2023 and was readily able to get an abortion on February 3. Also she was told that the fetus would most likely die, at which point she could have had the abortion in Tennessee. She made the choice to go to Illinois. The abortion procedure was botched and left "material" in her. Which caused the infection and ultimately the complications leading to her sterility. So, it wasn't the lack of an abortion that caused her issue. It was getting one that was done incorrectly. And the Tennessee law was likewise not to blame.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
According to the article Ms Cecil had the ultrasound in January 2023 and was readily able to get an abortion on February 3. Also she was told that the fetus would most likely die, at which point she could have had the abortion in Tennessee. She made the choice to go to Illinois. The abortion procedure was botched and left "material" in her. Which caused the infection and ultimately the complications leading to her sterility. So, it wasn't the lack of an abortion that caused her issue. It was getting one that was done incorrectly. And the Tennessee law was likewise not to blame.
Not true. Many doctors are afraid to tackle such cases. They never know when a loon will decide that an abortion that they performed did not meet state qualifications so they avoid the practice all together. In fact they will often wait an overly long period of time for the mother's healt to be threatened.

The problem with that sort of abortion is that a second trip to the doctor is necessary at times to get all of the fetus. So it was not even necessarily "botched". I have heard of quite a few cases where a D & C needs some more clean up after the first surgery. But this sort of law even makes doctors reluctant to do that.