• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tenants receive letter from landlord saying their rent would double if Biden wins

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trailer park tenants say landlord's letter is voter intimidation | 9news.com

FORT MORGAN, Colo. — The landlord of a trailer park in Fort Morgan allegedly sent a note to residents warning rent would most likely double in price if Joe Biden becomes president.

9NEWS received several emails from Fort Morgan residents concerned about the legality of the letter, calling it a form of voter suppression.

The Colorado Secretary of State’s office confirmed they have received a complaint, and told 9NEWS they passed it along to the Attorney General.

According to several pictures of the letter sent to 9NEWS, it reads:

“TO ALL TENANTS:
Please understand IF Joe Biden is elected as our next President, everything you do and have to pay for will change completely.

Everything will be increased. Like paying ALOT (sic) more in taxes, utilities, gasoline, groceries, new permits, fees and regulations…everything! This also means YOUR RENT will be increased to cover these expenses. Most likely, rent would DOUBLE in price!

IF the current President is re-elected, WE WILL NOT RAISE THE RENT FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS!

Voting is your choice and we are not telling you how to vote. We are just informing our tenants what WE will do according to the election results.

If Trump wins, we all win. If Biden wins, we all lose.

VOTE on November 3, 2020.”

a662e9fd-0aa9-4200-ba2c-162a7f94872f_1140x641.jpg

9NEWS reached out to the landlord multiple times for comment and has not heard back.

9NEWS is waiting to hear back from the Attorney General on the status of their investigation.

The Attorney General is investigating, but I think this landlord may be in some hot water.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The problem is that they're only using half measures. They just need to have guards standing by watching people vote and doing what needs to be done if they vote the wrong way.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm wondering if any of his tenants had Joe Biden signs or bumper stickers, or some other indication that they were Biden supporters. Something must have triggered that letter.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

The Attorney General is investigating, but I think this landlord may be in some hot water.
I think it is harassment, not intimidation. I can see the reasoning but disagree with the tenants. The lot owners don't have any way of controlling who the people vote for or finding out who they vote for.

It reminds me...
In a military town there was a credit union that required signing up to support a pro 2nd amendment group. It was called....Coastal Credit Union I think. Homepage Condition of membership was membership in this lobby or charity. I don't have the paper or remember the details. I remember that from over 20 years ago.

I think I know why, now. Credit unions had to have a membership limitation. I think was how they handled it. This was in a navy town heavily pro 2nd amendment, and they were trying to compete with the local military credit unions. It makes sense that they'd choose this, but it could construed as pressuring people to sign up to support 2nd amendment lobbying. This also was harassment in my opinion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it is harassment, not intimidation. I can see the reasoning but disagree with the tenants. The lot owners don't have any way of controlling who the people vote for or finding out who they vote for.

It reminds me...
In a military town there was a credit union that required signing up to support a pro 2nd amendment group. It was called....Coastal Credit Union I think. Homepage Condition of membership was membership in this lobby or charity. I don't have the paper or remember the details. I remember that from over 20 years ago.

I think I know why, now. Credit unions had to have a membership limitation. I think was how they handled it. This was in a navy town heavily pro 2nd amendment, and they were trying to compete with the local military credit unions. It makes sense that they'd choose this, but it could construed as pressuring people to sign up to support 2nd amendment lobbying. This also was harassment in my opinion.
"If I get the outcome I want I wont take more money from you for at least two years, but if I don't get what I want I'll likely take double what I do now." Sounds like abuse of power to intimidate people into behaving a desired way to me. It looks like political extortion.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I'm wondering if any of his tenants had Joe Biden signs or bumper stickers, or some other indication that they were Biden supporters. Something must have triggered that letter.
Doubtful. This letter sounds like someone who watches Fox and/or Newsmax and believes all the panic-mongering propaganda they spew. The person is very emotional and angry. So angry they essentially told their community how to vote.
What the owner doesn't realize is their information source wasn't telling them the truth. They were playing their emotions for votes. All that fear, paranoia and anger....wasted on a false narrative.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What the owner doesn't realize is their information source wasn't telling them the truth.
You keep saying this, but weve established it doesn't work. That's not evan and actual point. And your "information sources" informed you, erroneously, that Conservatives never think about white people when they talk about the lazy poor. And it's made you feel confident in explaining behaviors even though you have less than scant information about it. Your "information sources" are misleading and misguiding you.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It reminds me...

He's directly tied their future rent to the election results. It doesn't matter who they vote for, or whether he knows.

Sounds like intimidation to me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Maybe, but he speaks the truth.

Biden will raise everyone's taxes so high that businesses as anticipated, will move on that higher cost to the consumer to pay for it.

Its well known that businesses don't pay tax
because people like you and me will always pay it.

That's going to be on top of the new individual taxes that will predictably be placed on us once Biden gleefully destroys Trumps permanent tax cuts on Americans and makes regular Joe's and Jane's pay even more tax then ever before.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe, but he speaks the truth.

Biden will raise everyone's taxes so high that businesses as anticipated, will move on that higher cost to the consumer to pay for it.

Its well known that businesses don't pay tax
because people like you and me will always pay it.

That's going to be on top of the new individual taxes that will predictably be placed on us once Biden gleefully destroys Trumps permanent tax cuts on Americans and makes regular Joe's and Jane's pay even more tax then ever before.

Biden said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone who makes less than $400,000 a year.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You keep saying this, but weve established it doesn't work. That's not evan and actual point. And your "information sources" informed you, erroneously, that Conservatives never think about white people when they talk about the lazy poor. And it's made you feel confident in explaining behaviors even though you have less than scant information about it. Your "information sources" are misleading and misguiding you.
So you think conservatives refer to other conservatives when they talk about the lazy poor white people receiving handouts?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Biden said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone who makes less than $400,000 a year.
You can tell where people get their information from. Radical-Right media (TV ads included) like to push this old and tired RW talking point used over the decades.
Some people aren't interested in the truth.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
He's directly tied their future rent to the election results. It doesn't matter who they vote for, or whether he knows.

Sounds like intimidation to me.
True. He has. If all landlords were allowed to do that then tenants might become merely their voting proxies. It should not be allowed.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
"If I get the outcome I want I wont take more money from you for at least two years, but if I don't get what I want I'll likely take double what I do now." Sounds like abuse of power to intimidate people into behaving a desired way to me. It looks like political extortion.
Shouldn't be allowed. I don't mean that they should get away with it.

tytlyf

Not Religious
The left version of, "Read my lips"?
The left has historically been in favor of raising taxes on the wealthy to make sure people pay their fair share. Republicans prefer to give tax breaks to the billionaires, not the middle class. The middle class isn't a priority to republicans. Their votes are though.