• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell us about your favorite vegetable!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My favorite vegetable was named Father Alfonsus with the franciscan Friars of the Immaculata in New Bedford Massachusetts.

He was 90 plus years old and I had to spoon feed him, administer medication, and took care of all of his needs too, and wheel him where he needed to go, clean him up after he had an accident in his depends.

He was so humble that he wouldn't care that I call him a vegetable, all in fun. Just like I don't care if people call me a vegetable. ( A girl called me a potato once. :p)

But it was very interesting. He could not walk or do anything like have a conversation, but you could hear him pray.

Yet you would still hear him say, "God's will be done, Ave Maria, Saint Joseph, we must pray for each other, and help one another.". He would say those things every day over and over again.

I really miss him and I pray to him. I believe he will be looking out for me for the rest of my life. This isn't a very good picture of him . he did smile sometimes, but it's the only one I could find:

490a765fe99b42eb9d3418a44a3e0deb.jpg

He's actually one of my favorite people I've ever met.

I love you and I miss you Padre, please pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death amen!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My favorite vegetable was named Father Alfonsus with the franciscan Friars of the Immaculata in New Bedford Massachusetts.

He was 90 plus years old and I had to spoon feed him, administer medication, and took care of all of his needs too, and wheel him where he needed to go, clean him up after he had an accident in his depends.

He was so humble that he wouldn't care that I call him a vegetable, all in fun. Just like I don't care if people call me a vegetable. ( A girl called me a potato once. :p)

But it was very interesting. He could not walk or do anything like have a conversation, but you could hear him pray.

Yet you would still hear him say, "God's will be done, Ave Maria, Saint Joseph, we must pray for each other, and help one another.". He would say those things every day over and over again.

I really miss him and I pray to him. I believe he will be looking out for me for the rest of my life. This isn't a very good picture of him . he did smile sometimes, but it's the only one I could find:

View attachment 55985

He's actually one of my favorite people I've ever met.

I love you and I miss you Padre, please pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death amen!

Iceberg Lettuce
Health Benefits of Iceberg Lettuce

I like it with a little salt.
Make a salad with nuts and a little dressing. Not a lot of calories.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Awww....silly girl! :p

That is totally you! Eternally a child. :) I know Jesus is depressing sometimes, but he did call a child over and say little children are greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. He wasn't wrong about everything. ;)

Stay forever young! :thumbsup:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Artichokes cooked in the pressure cooker with a little vinegar or lemon juice and some olive oil.

Close 2nd is potatoes cooked any way.

Green beans and asparagus get an honourable mention as do peas as long as they're home grown and cooked straight after being picked.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As a vegetable rights activist, I think vegetables should not be eaten. They should be afforded the same rights as animals.

I only eat grains, because they don't have feelings.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Pickled beets on mashed taters and a little asparagus on the side...

where's my rowsted turkey ??