• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher: Christian faith prohibits treating transgendered students with respect and dignity

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Those are called disorders of an existing sex.
The thing is though, what you would call them by their chromosomes won't match to how they identify or how the world knows them.
Which is a blatant error as it is a development issue. Keep in mind I am talking about development in context human development.
Keep in mind I'm talking about this from a clinical context. It's not considered a developmental issue. For all intents and purposes, we have brain images and autopsies, but we aren't sure what exactly causes people to be transgender. And, too my knowledge the brain shapes has not been presented as a cause, and a similar feature has been observed in homosexuals.
Now it is just body mutilation. Really an improvement you go there.
Science and medicine do not agree with you. What it was lead to misery and depression. What it is now improves quality of life.
And, very much so, I was doing worse to my body when I was living in denial, and asides from being active I was never nice to my body. Largely because I didn't care about my life and was in denial, in reality I abused my body. It's easy to do when it's the source of so much of your woes.

Shad

Veteran Member
The thing is though, what you would call them by their chromosomes won't match to how they identify or how the world knows them.

Ignorance of their disorder would be common in my view. Doesn't change anything

Keep in mind I'm talking about this from a clinical context. It's not considered a developmental issue. For all intents and purposes, we have brain images and autopsies, but we aren't sure what exactly causes people to be transgender. And, too my knowledge the brain shapes has not been presented as a cause, and a similar feature has been observed in homosexuals.

You were babbling about brains which is evidence of a development issue.

Science and medicine do not agree with you.

If science is telling people males can be female the science is junk

What it was lead to misery and depression. What it is now improves quality of life.

Just like giving drugs to drug addicts reducing the discomfort they have. Or starving people anorexia

And, very much so, I was doing worse to my body when I was living in denial, and asides from being active I was never nice to my body. Largely because I didn't care about my life and was in denial, in reality I abused my body. It's easy to do when it's the source of so much of your woes.

Sound like a deeper problem than merely a body one.

wellwisher

Sweden, who as society, is very accepting of transsexuals, did a followup study of citizen transsexuals, who had the operation. Even with a tolerant and accepting culture, and access to the operation, the transsexuals still had a higher rate of suicide and psychological problems later in life, compared to the general population.

The superficial change and the warm fuzzy hugs, did not change the underlying problems; mind and body out of synch. The church does accept quick fix solutions to deeper problems, even if these solution are money makers for certain industries, or useful to left as wedge issue and get a political advantage.
Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just like giving drugs to drug addicts reducing the discomfort they have. Or starving people anorexia
You want to say the science is junk, but all you done is prove you don't know **** about psychology.
Sweden, who as society, is very accepting of transsexuals, did a followup study of citizen transsexuals, who had the operation.
Everything I'm finding suggests they aren't especially or particularly accepting.

Bob the Unbeliever

Sweden, who as society, is very accepting of transsexuals, did a followup study of citizen transsexuals, who had the operation. Even with a tolerant and accepting culture, and access to the operation, the transsexuals still had a higher rate of suicide and psychological problems later in life, compared to the general population..

Of course! Since transsexuals are the new favorite Victims of systematic Religious Bigotry? It hardly surprises anyone that they remain among the highest for depression, does it?

Proof, is your ugly attitude, here and elsewhere...
The superficial change and the warm fuzzy hugs, .

Hate speech duly noted.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

If a soft-science is disregarding biological sex it is like-wise junk science.
That's just more of your ignorance of the field. It doesn't disregard biology. However, unlike you and many others, it doesn't intentionally limit it's focus of what "biology" entails because there are many instances where indeed XX/XY=female/male isn't clear cut. And it has to accommodate that fact. If an XY androgynous-insensitive female presents to a clinician, it would be improper, unethical, and illegal for the clinician to insist the client is male because of her Y chromosome, and this would lead to emotional trauma. In general and typically, if something isn't detrimental to ADL functioning and if it isn't causing someone distress then there is no basis for a diagnosis and no justification for treatment. For transgender people, treatment to have them live as their birth assigned sex showed, consistently, and much like homosexual conversion therapy, to decrease ADL functioning, quality of life, and increase distress. Transitioning has shown improvements in ADL functioning, quality of life, and a decrease in distress. Studies have also consistently shown that discrimination and bigotry are the biggest causes of mental health problems for transgender people.
And you aren't the only one who wants to masquerade around acting like they know about psychology and have it all figured out. You are so confident in your own ignorance you want to label something as a development disorder even though it doesn't fit the definition of a developmental disorder, strongly indicating you don't know the definition of a development disorder. You want to dismiss it as junk science, but you obviously have no idea how psychology and medicine approach transgender and intersex issues, or sex and gender in general (it does, by necessity, approach them as two different but overlapping topics).

Shad

Veteran Member
That's just more of your ignorance of the field. It doesn't disregard biology. However, unlike you and many others, it doesn't intentionally limit it's focus of what "biology" entails because there are many instances where indeed XX/XY=female/male isn't clear cut.

Which is ignoring biology. Disorders still fall into one sex or the other.

And it has to accommodate that fact. If an XY androgynous-insensitive female presents to a clinician, it would be improper, unethical, and illegal for the clinician to insist the client is male because of her Y chromosome, and this would lead to emotional trauma. [/quote]

Except that the condition itself states that they are genetically male. If reality causes trauma that isn't my problem nor the doctors. Sound like they need therapy in order to resolve their disconnect with the reality of their condition.

In general and typically, if something isn't detrimental to ADL functioning and if it isn't causing someone distress then there is no basis for a diagnosis and no justification for treatment. For transgender people, treatment to have them live as their birth assigned sex showed, consistently, and much like homosexual conversion therapy, to decrease ADL functioning, quality of life, and increase distress.

Treating the symptoms not the problem.

Transitioning has shown improvements in ADL functioning, quality of life, and a decrease in distress. Studies have also consistently shown that discrimination and bigotry are the biggest causes of mental health problems for transgender people.

Of course if you entertain a false perception it will reduce issues. Just like telling people the radio is actually talking to them.

And you aren't the only one who wants to masquerade around acting like they know about psychology and have it all figured out.

I do not need a PhD to figure out what a male and/or female is.

You are so confident in your own ignorance you want to label something as a development disorder even though it doesn't fit the definition of a developmental disorder, strongly indicating you don't know the definition of a development disorder.

Wrong. You are projecting what I said into what you want me to say. A male thinking they are a woman is either a delusion or an issue as they developed. Remember your babble about brains? Why do you think that happens if not due to a development issue?

You want to dismiss it as junk science, but you obviously have no idea how psychology and medicine approach transgender and intersex issues, or sex and gender in general (it does, by necessity, approach them as two different but overlapping topics).

Calling a male a female is junk science.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Which is ignoring biology. Disorders still fall into one sex or the other.
You wish. But often they don't.
Treating the symptoms not the problem.
Once again you show your ignorance of psychology, and you didn't even post something that actually addressed my point.
Of course if you entertain a false perception it will reduce issues. Just like telling people the radio is actually talking to them.
That isn't what psychology reveals. If a schizophrenic entertains their false perceptions, it reduces ADL functioning and can get them into a world of legal trouble and overwhelm them with stress.
I do not need a PhD to figure out what a male and/or female is.
No, but clearly you need more education about sex and gender because your views are very limited and not consistent with science.
Wrong. You are projecting what I said into what you want me to say. A male thinking they are a woman is either a delusion or an issue as they developed. Remember your babble about brains? Why do you think that happens if not due to a development issue?
I project nothing. You claimed it's a developmental disorder even though gender dysphoria does not fit the description or definition of a developmental disorder. Again, things don't operate how you think they should and want them to. You thinking it's a developmental disorder is absurd, because no matter how you look at it gender dysphoria will never fit the definition or description.
And science and medicine don't agree with you about the delusions either. Their brain is of their identity, thus making the claims of a delusion void and null.

Calling a male a female is junk science.
You make the claim, but you don't even know really what all goes into males and females, and makes us one or the other. XX/XY chromosomes are simply not consistent enough to use as an adequate definition.

Shad

Veteran Member
You wish. But often they don't.

Doubt that.

Once again you show your ignorance of psychology, and you didn't even post something that actually addressed my point.

I did. I called it junk science.

That isn't what psychology reveals. If a schizophrenic entertains their false perceptions, it reduces ADL functioning and can get them into a world of legal trouble and overwhelm them with stress.

A man thinking they are woman is entertaining a false perception. The cause is different but the faulty perception exists. Legal trouble? Such as what?

No, but clearly you need more education about sex and gender because your views are very limited and not consistent with science.

Except it is consistent with biology. All you have done is pointed out abnormality which you want to use to redefine sex to fulfill a subjective whim

I project nothing. You claimed it's a developmental disorder even though gender dysphoria does not fit the description or definition of a developmental disorder.

Wrong as most of the human population has zero issues with their sex and identity. More so you cited brain scans previous. Ergo a development issue as their brains developed differently.

Again, things don't operate how you think they should and want them to. You thinking it's a developmental disorder is absurd, because no matter how you look at it gender dysphoria will never fit the definition or description.

More projecting by placing the words I used into a context of your choice. The definition will change again just as it changed because people didn't like the word "disorder". It will change once people develop a real treatment rather than treating the symptoms.

And science and medicine don't agree with you about the delusions either. Their brain is of their identity, thus making the claims of a delusion void and null.

A soft-science that has no model to test is junk science

You make the claim, but you don't even know really what all goes into males and females, and makes us one or the other. XX/XY chromosomes are simply not consistent enough to use as an adequate definition.

Wrong it is completely consistent as even chromosome disorders are placed into one sex or the other.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Legal trouble? Such as what?
You want to pretend knowledge in psychology and yet you consistently show your ignorance. You won't even educate yourself to see what a development disorder actually is (seriously, you look like an idiot insisting it's a developmental issue when it just simply is not the definition of a developmental disorder - you cling to your erroneous definition despite the fact that is not how it is defined medically or clinically). You won't accept the fact that XX/XY chromosomes alone will not consistently yield female and male respectively. And you refuse to consider how we go about determining if someone has a psychological issue that needs addressed.

Shad

Veteran Member
You want to pretend knowledge in psychology and yet you consistently show your ignorance.

No I just reject a science that declares a male can be female.

You won't even educate yourself to see what a development disorder actually is (seriously, you look like an idiot insisting it's a developmental issue when it just simply is not the definition of a developmental disorder - you cling to your erroneous definition despite the fact that is not how it is defined medically or clinically).

Again this is projection on your part. We have baselines in human biology which includes sex.

You won't accept the fact that XX/XY chromosomes alone will not consistently yield female and male respectively.

I never claimed consistency. I stated a baseline

And you refuse to consider how we go about determining if someone has a psychological issue that needs addressed.

I disagree with the treatment as it addresses the symptoms not the problem