• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tank Girl - the movie

Bob the Unbeliever

So, I wanted something Light to watch, late last night. I noted in my "suggested" for Amazon Prime?

The classic (to me) movie Tank Girl.

Which I watched-- it was a brilliant example of how to do a Comic on the Silver Screen, IMO.

It made no attempt to apologize or "explain" why it did what it did, or how-- it just did it. Much like in a Comic Book.

After googling some trivia? It turns out this fine movie has also kind of been a Voice for Positive Feminism.

Who knew? All I know, is that Brilliant, Irreverent, Strong Women were the Lead in this flick. Un-Apologetically kicked butt without bothering with names.

My favorite kind of story line.

Tank Girl (film) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
So, I wanted something Light to watch, late last night. I noted in my "suggested" for Amazon Prime?

Which I watched-- it was a brilliant example of how to do a Comic on the Silver Screen, IMO.

It made no attempt to apologize or "explain" why it did what it did, or how-- it just did it. Much like in a Comic Book.

After googling some trivia? It turns out this fine movie has also kind of been a Voice for Positive Feminism.

Who knew? All I know, is that Brilliant, Irreverent, Strong Women were the Lead in this flick. Un-Apologetically kicked butt without bothering with names.

I don't think I have seen it. I was reading that it did not do well at the box office, but has since gained a large following.

I may have to check it out.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I love Tank Girl!!!

David1967

Premium Member

That movie is great in its own campy way. I didn't even find myself question the unlikelihood of the bad guy living with a hologram for a head.