• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talking Snakes, Donkeys and Bushes

nPeace

Veteran Member
Science does not have evidence.
Did I say anything different?

The objective verifiable evidence is in the nature around us. As far as I know science is the only reliable source for understanding the physical nature of our existence, but that is the limit of science.
If
The objective verifiable evidence is in the nature around us.
Why is
science is the only reliable source for understanding the physical nature of our existence
Especially since it is limited?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did I say anything different?

If
Why is
Especially since it is limited?
Quoting out of context is an improper debating technique. It amounts to an admission that you are wrong. @shunyadragon politely tried to explain your errors to you. The only explanation for the evidence that does not fall apart by contradicting itself is the scientific one. A person need not be a scientist to be correct, but if one's beliefs are directly contradicted by the evidence out there that person is almost certainly wrong.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Now, everyone who has read the Genesis account knows that the text, if taken literally at face value, would read that the serpent in the garden of Eden who deceived Eve was talking. But, at the same time we all know that not to be the case. Atheists seem to have a difficult time with distinguishing the difference between the literal and the figurative. I personally think this is a mock stupidity in order to make a point, for example, saying that the Bible has talking snakes when it is abundantly clear, even to a simple child, that it was Satan, not the literal serpent, that was speaking to Eve. The account is given in her perspective so the snake seems to be talking.

The same principle applies to Balaam's a s s and the burning bush. Numbers 22:28 / 2 Peter 2:16 / Exodus 3:2-5

In all of these cases it is't the snake, or the a s s or the bush that are speaking.
Who is supposed to be talking of it isn't Balaam's donkey?

I think you need to go one step further and understand that God speaks through these stories whether or not they are historical.