• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking a break

Laika

Premium Member
Hey everyone,

At the start of this year I had a major mental health crisis and ended up in emergency housing because I was a risk to myself. Although that risk is no longer present and I am safe and have a support network for any future emergencies, in recent days it has become clear that all this has had lasting effects on my emotional volatility, to the extent that I have actually been shocked by it.

I do care about people on here very much, many of whom are good freinds, and for all the difficulties and frustrations of online life, have enjoyed being part of the community. The news is endlessly chaotic and depressing and that doesn't help my mood either. So for my benifit and yours, I will be taking a break for sometime. I have already booked a holiday away from the house and it will give me some breathing space and hopefully a chance to evaluate things that are going on in my life and figure out where I go from here.

If I have caused any distress to the members and staff here, I apologise, as that was not my intention. Thank you for your patience, kind wishes and best of luck to you all.

Lots of love, Laika.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Its a great idea to have a break and reevaluate. All the best with that. Hope to see you back soon.:)