• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take Me To Your Leader

Darkwater

Unless he was looking for an easy way to control & manipulate people,that people can or would believe without questioning.

If one landed in America right now,I would suggest that any US citizen tell him to beat it & come back in a month until after the elections.

This reminds me of the time Space Captian Dan Dare was captured by eveil aliens who were going to kill him.He pleaded with them that he was the most famous guy on earth,everybody knew him so they said they believed him & would send him back to earth to a location of their choice,and if the first person who met him didn't know him they would destroy planet earth.

Space Captain DD agreed the terms,so the aliens laughed & sent him into the deepest darkest part of Africa where civilisation had never reached before,except for the odd missionary who ended up on the menu.

Space Captain DD was nervous,thinking he had surely caused the destruction of planet earth while the aliens laughed,having him under obsevation.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The secretary-General of the UN was what first popped to mind, but perhaps the Treasury Secretary more closely reflects man's motivation or preoccupation.

Darkwater

other than me,I agree.

So Captain Dan Dare is sweating bullets cutting his way through the deepest darkest African jungle,scared he is the cause of the Earth's destruction which will happen if the first person he meets does not recognise him....

Suddenly a big native,bone through the nose,fuzzy hair tied up sticks his head out from behind a tree & says"

Darkwater

So the native,never having seen a white man let alone a space captain,waves his big hand & says

"HELLO DARE"

In your face aleins,Earthlings live to be free & are self governing...........Earth is a planet,there is no ruler of earth only some earthlings chose to have rulers over them for a time as long as they are useful.Such is the Civic State.

Last edited:

Elessar

That's easy - the closest Grand Lodge or Grand Orient of the Fraternal Order of the Freemasons. :p

But seriously...the UN is probably your best bet. Ban Ki-Moon, though I honestly am not sure. Maybe a committee made up of the leaders of the United States, United Kingdom, France, Russia and China.

rojse

RF Addict
A glowing silver object hovers at a supermarket parking lot. People cower in fear as the object slowly descends. A metallic door eerily opens up and an alien figure emerges from the ship. It walks straight out into the crowded parking lot and hold ups it’s hand and says:

“Take me to your leader.”

The crowd is bemused. They start chattering among themselves. Who could they refer this alien being to? Who is qualified to speak for the earth?

Any ideas?

An alien intelligent enough to learn english would also be able to study our political systems, and would therefore talk to an august body such as the United Nations, which is the most impartial world-wide political body available, or meet the political leader of a large country in which they wish to exchange information or the like, such as America, the European Union, or another major first-world country.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
An alien intelligent enough to learn english would also be able to study our political systems, and would therefore talk to an august body such as the United Nations, which is the most impartial world-wide political body available, or meet the political leader of a large country in which they wish to exchange information or the like, such as America, the European Union, or another major first-world country.
Why not a third world country?
What if aliens landed in say, Somalia, or Zimbabwe, and gave them technology?

rojse

RF Addict
Why not a third world country?
What if aliens landed in say, Somalia, or Zimbabwe, and gave them technology?

Good question.

Firstly, what do these countries have to trade with invading aliens? Certainly, compared to aliens travelling interstellar distances, I don't think that our technological differences are so astoundingly different.

Probably the two things that make the difference is that we can trade scientific knowledge and research, that Somalia or Zimbabwe do not have and would not have immediate access to, and a technological base in which to exchange other resources - first-world countries have a far-better developed transport system and the like, which would make the acquisition of resources far easier.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Cardero,
A glowing silver object hovers at a supermarket parking lot. People cower in fear as the object slowly descends. A metallic door eerily opens up and an alien figure emerges from the ship. It walks straight out into the crowded parking lot and hold ups it’s hand and says:

“Take me to your leader.”

You did not hear what happened after that.

The guy was taken to the police station and kept in the lockup as none came forward with a bail he still languishes in jail.

Love & rgds

kadzbiz

Perhaps they want the leader so they can erradicate them. I could lead them to a few possibilities.