• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taco Doritos

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I feel badly for anyone who is robbed of the gastronomic experience of chips curry sauce :sad:
product-7055025.jpg

Are you drooling yet :drool:

I see your chips and curry sauce and raise you. Chips, cheese and donar!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In America, "ketchup" is always assumed to be tomato, but "tomato sauce" here refers to something that's less sweet and that is thicker and chunkier and used on pastas and pizzas. Ketchup on pastas and pizzas sounds very disgusting.
I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, but "crisps" in Europe are "chips" in the U.S. while "chips" in Europe are "fries" in the U.S. ;)
And I'm pretty sure that Walker's and Lay's are the same company, but must've had branding issues abroad, sort of like how Burger King is called Happy Jack down in Australia despite being the same company.

Last edited:

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, but "crisps" in Europe are "chips" in the U.S. while "chips" in Europe are "fries" in the U.S. ;)
Except for Pringles... The company was sued to prevent its pressed-potato product from being marketed as "chips"... Yay US legal system! :D

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
They're made from baked dough rather than fried, sliced potatos.

Marketing: The Potato-Chip War - TIME

Note the date, Friday, Oct. 17, 1969...

More recently, though, in the article Nepenthe linked above, P&G didn't want Pringles to be called chips, because that would subject them to taxes in Britain... :confused:

In America, "ketchup" is always assumed to be tomato, but "tomato sauce" here refers to something that's less sweet and that is thicker and chunkier and used on pastas and pizzas. Ketchup on pastas and pizzas sounds very disgusting.
And I'm pretty sure that Walker's and Lay's are the same company, but must've had branding issues abroad, sort of like how Burger King is called Happy Jack down in Australia despite being the same company.

The Hungry Jack's vs Burger King story is actually hilarious Hungry Jack's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to be more confusing we have a corn snack called french fries.Tomato sauce for pasta is generally Pasta Sauce , for pizza either passata or pizza sauce, Lay's would not be a good name here as people would degenerate into hysterical giggles when they asked for them :p I think Walkers got taken over by Pepsi and that is why they are the same as Lays now, I don't like walkers crisps I find them oddly sweet tasting. Gimme apakatayho (a packet of tayto ) any day :yes:

The real question is do you put corn on your pizza like the Brits do? It's a terrible thing to do to pizza...
:(

As an almost life long veggie it would horrify you the things I have on my pizza - pineapple, olives, jalepenos, and sweetcorn :eek:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
As an almost life long veggie it would horrify you the things I have on my pizza - pineapple, olives, jalepenos, and sweetcorn :eek:

Olives are a normal topping over here, and pineapple and jalapeños on pizza aren't unheard of. Corn just seems odd, although thinking about it it probably tastes alright.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I knew the Brits were savages but I didn't know they'd transplanted their sweetcorn obssession.
Like FH said, the other stuff is pretty common here as well. I love japapenos, olives and artichoke hearts on pizza.

I knew the Brits were savages but I didn't know they'd transplanted their sweetcorn obssession.
Like FH said, the other stuff is pretty common here as well. I love japapenos, olives and artichoke hearts on pizza.

I was going to let the pineapple is ok but sweetcorn is weird thing slide but artichoke hearts? what's next chicken and lemon pizza or oranges?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Years ago (circa 80s) in television shows it was common to joke "hold the anchovies" on pizza. But I don't recall a time when they were ever offered as an optional topping, much less to their omission having to be requested. Has anyone ever actually had a pizza with anchovies on it?

Years ago (circa 80s) in television shows it was common to joke "hold the anchovies" on pizza. But I don't recall a time when they were ever offered as an optional topping, much less to their omission having to be requested. Has anyone ever actually had a pizza with anchovies on it?

I had a four seasons in London with anchovies on it, I learned 2 things Pizza by the Park is the same restaurant as Milano's in Cork and Anchovies are gross.
3d-smiley.php