• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Symbiotic relationships?

ttechsan

twitter @ttechsan
Since they must have each other to exist; Where is the explanation and or chart showing exactly how those occur and which came first and lived without the others existence already there. Could they have existed without the other for awhile evidently but if so then how or why develop a symbiotic relationship (esp since already didn't need the other to exist? BTW how is that improvement and not going backwards?

Let me say it this way also. If you didn't need the other symbiotic relationship to exist originally then why and how go backwards to need the other to exist?

Look forward to your enlightenment.

I must leave as I have to get ready for appointments but be back later ready to be educated (enlightened) since only evolutionist are enlightened apparently.

BTW I do have two masters degrees (summa cum laude) but I guess just not smart enough or enlightened enough for many on here huh?:D

johnhanks

Since they must have each other to exist; Where is the explanation and or chart showing exactly how those occur and which came first and lived without the others existence already there. Could they have existed without the other for awhile evidently but if so then how or why develop a symbiotic relationship (esp since already didn't need the other to exist? BTW how is that improvement and not going backwards?
Most symbiotic relationships probably start as parasitic ones; parasites tend to evolve towards doing minimum harm to their host, and in cases where each partner has an ability the other lacks (like papilionaceous plants synthesising sugars, and Rhizobium bacteria fixing nitrogen) evolution of mutualism is not difficult.
Look forward to your enlightenment.
No you don't, you're playing "Gotcha!" again; problem is, your biology isn't up to it.
BTW I do have two masters degrees (summa cum laude) ...
Let me guess: they were in something other than biological science, right?

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
What kind of symbiosis are we talking about here? Not all symbiotic relationships are obligate symbiosis, indeed very few are... and most critters that engage in symbiotic relationships exist quite happily without their partner.

Different types of symbiotic relationships include:
Mutualism
Commensalism
Parasitism
Amensalism
Endosymbiosis and exosymbiosis.

Your question is really to vague and awkwardly worded to be answered with any simplicity.

Would you care to rephrase the question?

wa:do

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The first thing that came to mind was plants and animals where Co2and 02 are exchanged. Like in a biosphere.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
BTW I do have two masters degrees (summa cum laude) but I guess just not smart enough or enlightened enough for many on here huh?:D

For curiosity's sake, what are your degrees in?

I don't question your intelligence, but I do find it strange that a person smart enough to get two masters degrees wouldn't be able to figure out how to use Google. Every issue you've raised here has been addressed on this site:

An Index to Creationist Claims

Of course, I don't discount the possibility that you're perfectly capable of finding these sort of things, but that your purported curiosity is less than sincere.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Latin honors are extremely rare in master degree programs... usually only seen in law degrees.
It's almost exclusively reserved for undergraduates.

It's almost like claiming to be your colleges valedictorian....

ttechsan

twitter @ttechsan
What I do read is so often circular reasoning and if you read closely you see the fallacies that most don't pay attention to. I found out that I have Flu A today so I need to get better before i get back to this. When I get more time i will link proof of what I am meaning but I feel really bad presently.

ttechsan

twitter @ttechsan
BTw I just read one and interestingly it says in explanation, IT might have, I read stuff like that all the time. Not convincing to me esp as scientific "proof" Might have, probably, seems to for scientific proof those words shouldn't be used. NOt very precise is it?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
BTw I just read one and interestingly it says in explanation, IT might have, I read stuff like that all the time. Not convincing to me esp as scientific "proof" Might have, probably, seems to for scientific proof those words shouldn't be used. NOt very precise is it?

Depends what you're looking for. "X might have happened and here's why" is a perfectly reasonable response to the claim "X is impossible".

johnhanks

Your OP is based on the premise that symbiotic relationships present evolutionary theory with an irresolvable contradiction; demonstration of any one possible resolution is sufficient to dispose of that charge.

Your (double) reference to "scientific proof" is further indication that your master's degrees were in fields unconnected with science. Why do you feel compelled to make yourself look foolish by pontificating about scientific issues?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You don't read scientific resources very often do you?

Otherwise you would know how scientists talk about their work.

CynthiaCypher

We also have a symbiotic relationship with many tiny animals living in us and outside us. They kill the stuff that makes us sick and we of course benefit.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Agreed with Painted Wolf there are several forms of symbiotic relationships. All of us have symbiotic relationships with the bacteria living in our GI tract.

In general, symbiosis evolves. It is like comparing a social animal, like mankind or horses, to individual animals like tigers or Great White sharks. Does becoming a social animal improve our chances of survival or weaken it? Given the results, I'd say evolving the symbiotic trait of social groups increases our chances of survival.