• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swaminarayan

akshar

I'm the cute one on the left my big bro is on the right, big old 18 yr old. Akshar isn't my name. My name is raghav. Akshar is brahma. The supreme essence according my swaminarayan sampraday is parabrahma. They are the only two enteties which can pass between the gates of maya. We belive akshar is the ideal perfect devotee of parabrahma, he is an example for all hindus to me of how you should be( according to me) He is here present on earth through Pramukh swami maharaj (google him, hes amazing, luck for me he's coming to the U.K on wednesday very suprising) The five eternal enteties are jiva (us humans, animals etc), ishwar ( deities suck as indra, agni, varun etc, and brahma and parabrahma or they can be called akshar-purshottam.

Don't even try tell me that no-one cnan understand what i have written booko, if they do not understand the ycan ask me, i will explain.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Oh you are sooo cute! Can I pinch your cheeks? I used to hate when people did that to me when I was little. You have a very nice name. That's very interesting what you said about the meaning of Akshar also.

akshar

Yeah..I get that all teh time, by the way raghav is another name for ram bhagwan. Another advantage is, not many people are named raghav. I enjoy the "popularity", it also brings in the ladies (my age)...Just kidding! lol. I'm not as innocent as people they want to suggest i ave the VERY bad habit ofswearing in school, i know things which i shouldn't...I wish i didn't, then i dont wanna be known as a loser either...

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Oh so you're talking about ladies now. That's another advantage of growing up for you. I advise against swearing though. Remember if we're aspiring to be spiritual we shouldn't use the same tongue to swear when we use it to praise God also. I know! Some people just make you want to swear! I find that I'm swearing in my mind sometimes, which is also bad, I should cut that out. It was fun chatting though. I have to do some work here. Yeah! Work, that thing adults do. Oh well, at least I don't have to go to school like you. Ha ha ha.

akshar

Hema said:
Oh so you're talking about ladies now. That's another advantage of growing up for you. I advise against swearing though. Remember if we're aspiring to be spiritual we shouldn't use the same tongue to swear when we use it to praise God also. I know! Some people just make you want to swear! I find that I'm swearing in my mind sometimes, which is also bad, I should cut that out. It was fun chatting though. I have to do some work here. Yeah! Work, that thing adults do. Oh well, at least I don't have to go to school like you. Ha ha ha.

I don't have financial responsibilities unlike you!hahaha!!!!!Get a financial resposibility free life like me!!shame!Well in primary school my aunt gave me some rubbish pens, sold em £5 each i got a good sum of £50, got myself a very nice ps2 game for that.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Very funny. :p It's called being independent. I see you're also making money. I've really gotta run now. Going out soon. Bye.

akshar

One thing i just can't seem to grasp is our infighting. Muslims have seem to done a good job of standing up for themselves, we fight with each other?!?!?! Ok sunnis and shiites fight but thats not really on a mass scale. ISCKON have this a hobby, especially to us swaminarayans, how come the religion wich will make evryone hindu in 500 years have so much infighting?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
That is true, Hindus have a lot of infighting in my country also. By the way, I never log out of this forum. I don't know if that will always make it seem as if I'm online. Anyway, sometimes I think Hindus pull each other down. We need to be united. Regardless of the stupid ones, Dharma will always prevail. I can't remember but didn't Lord Shiva or someone promise Valmiki that as long as the mountains and rivers exist, the Ramayan will continue to be preached. Who is that as your avatar now? Your dad?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
He sort of looks like Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street. I didn't want to say it before, next thing he was your dad! Do you really know the Ramayan and Mahabharat by heart? Are you a child genius or something? What about the Vedas?

akshar

Hema said:
He sort of looks like Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street. I didn't want to say it before, next thing he was your dad! Do you really know the Ramayan and Mahabharat by heart? Are you a child genius or something? What about the Vedas?

The vedas?? Pfft...Thats way beyond me, but if i had a english copy i could memorise a bit. I really do know the mahabharat and ramayan of by heart, i've read the shiv puran, i want to read the skanda puran, i know the story of prahalad, eklavya, garuda, gajendra, nilkanth varni (swaminarayan bhagwan) and oher stuff i can't remember now, if that was my dad i would be a billionaire. I'm not a child genius, i just love my country and religion, therefore i love reading about it. Nothing greater then my country(India obviously) I HATE MEAT EATING, i would not eat it under any kind of circustances, neither would i drink or smoke under any circumstances. If i was a child genius i would be in the top bloody set for maths. I don't call my dad dad, i call him bapu.

Trust check borat out, he is a joka :biglaugh: you'll be cracking up like :biglaugh:. Who is Mr.Noodle, i live in the uk so i wouldnt know who he is.

Give us some frubals ;) hehe lol jokin.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
It's because of kids like you that Hinduism will live on. Mr. Noodle is a man on Sesame Street. He can be seen in Elmo's segment "Elmo's World." I'm fairly new to the forum. What are Frubals? How does the system work? I'm leaving for the day. I'll shut down my computer when I'm done.

akshar

Sorry its a bit late but welcome. Frubals work liek this, were you have those small green bars it says frubals it has a hyperlink, click on it (another persons, not your own) then it says send a post saying i deserve points for my post because it was so good, people can do the same to you, it seems you are quite popular, i have given you some frubals. Thank you

I am a swaminarayan (already u hate me ;). I would just like tok now your views on him. I believe he and his perfect saint Gunatitanand Swami live in the Supreme abode known as Akshardham which is above everything. There are 5 supreme enteties jiva(us), ishwar(indra, kamdev etc.), brahma (gunatitanand swami), and Parabrahma (Swaminarayan bhagawan). We embrace all of Hinduism unlike what you may think, we not only respect other bhagawans but we belive them to be special as well. The Gita is still the most important for us. BAPS is the true swaminarayan sect, the Vartal sect is unclean according to recent news. Our spiritual head Pramukh Swami Maharaj, extremely humble, doesent even look at women (not in a sexist way, in order to stay away from maya). He looks like a pretty normal saint but he is different, he is very, very, very humble. He does love to joke around as well with kishores (16-20yrs) as well as the vadils. He even opened a hospital in Surat where all treatment absolutely free unless you want to pay. There are just a 1000000 of us followers and 700 sadhus.

Jai swaminarayan

BAPS says vartal one is unclean,vartal one says BAPS is ficticious. great to hear GITA is most important to you by the way GITA and bhagwat purana is sar of hinduism so obviously its important to all hindu.. and yes all respect pramukh swami maharaj for what he has done even who is not hindu.

And you as a hindu need to explain that gita is important to you shows that how gita is treated by other people of your sect(whatever BAPS or vartal one both are same for non swaminarayan's. it was a fight and you seperated but i am talking about swaminarayan in general as i think the principles are same)

vachanmrut and shikshapatri is being marketed by swaminarayan mandir like its super to all hindu text..its really shameful.. and personaly saying there is nothing new in shikshapatri (all hindu text saying the same) that i can pray sahjananda as GOD supreme to brahma,vishnu,mahesh,ram,krishna

And purush maryada what is that could you please explain?

As no hindu puja can be done alone by a married man. do you know ram was having murti of sita when he has to do yagya while sita was staying in forest? and how GOD can be without his wife? As the supreme soul also have shakti part,the female part in it.. And according to purana the shrusti(world) is created by Shakti(female part of supreme soul). Shiv linga have parvati part beneath linga. Vishnu have laxmi. Brahma have saraswati. And yes whenever vishnu come as purna-purushotam avtar(incarnation,supreme soul as human being) he comes with laxmi. The sect's principle are good but the way they taking sahjanada as GOD is i think insult to hinduism. GOD please forgive me if i am wrong but i respect 'Narayan kawach' which Sahjananda was also chanting.

I saw you didn't really get any answers so I thought I'd write to you. Sorry about that but I'm new to the forum. I'm now reading your question. I don't really know much about the organization you speak about. I'm not from India by the way. I am a Hindu though. Hey if you are part of that organization, fantastic. If you feel a spiritual awakening with them, go for it. I understand what you mean when you said Swamiji does not look at women for reasons of Maya. No problem. However, there should also be equal respect for women within the organization. I'm not saying that there isn't. I'm just saying that it's something you should think about. You know the situation. I don't. The Atman within a man is the same as the Atman within woman. If the satsangh is such that men and women are seated separately, then that's ok if you are looking to lead a Brahmacharya's life. Personally, I don't feel comfortable when I go to a Satsangh and the men and women are seated separately. This is because I know that when I go with my parents, they like to sit together. Remember it is important for a married couple to pray together. When my fiance goes to Satsangh I don't ever want to sit separate from him. It is because of God that we are together. I love it when we pray to God together. It's like we are giving thanks together. I feel very close to my fiance (in a spiritual way) when we pray together because our love comes from God and when we love God more it is better for our relationship. As I said, it is up to you. If they have what you are looking for, then God bless. We all pray to one God. When we become free of this cycle of birth and death we are all going to the same place anyway.

yes right in hinduism all puja is done in pairing.. husband and wife are the souls to be connected.. even marriage is not mere ceremony but its meeting of souls and husband wife unites for spiritualism. Rushi and rushipatni does the prayer together. so there is no point seperating husban,wife, seperating father from her girl while he is doing puja, seperating son from her mother while she is chanting.

Let me know you this sect have Sahjanand swami as supreme GOD( who was born before 200 years). he was sanyasi,yogi unlike other gods who has wife. so in most swaminarayan temples ladies are not allowed as they saying god is brahmchari so ladies can see him from far only!!!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am a swaminarayan (already u hate me) ;).
You are in ignorance to worship Ghanshyam Pande of Chapaiya village in Gonda district as God, just like the Bahai worship Bahaullah and Ahmadiyyas worship Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

And as for Brahman or Parabrahman, even a dog is that, nothing special about Ghanshyam Pande. Lord Krishna said:

"Vidya-vinaya-sampanne, brahmane gavi hastini;
suni caiva sva-pake ca, panditah sama-darsinah." BhagwadGita 5.18

(The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater, chandala)

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
You are in ignorance to worship Ghanshyam Pande of Chapaiya village in Gonda district as God, just like the Bahai worship Bahaullah and Ahmadiyyas worship Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

And as for Brahman or Parabrahman, even a dog is that, nothing special about Ghanshyam Pande. Lord Krishna said:

"Vidyā-vinaya-sampanne, brāhmaṇe gavi hastini;
śuni caiva śva-pāke ca, paṇḍitāḥ sama-darśinaḥ."

(The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brāhmaṇa, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater, chandala)

Considering the OP was about 9 years ago, and the poster hasn't been on this site in about 8, I don't think there's a point in telling anyone that they are in "ignorance" of anything.

Also, what's with this little resurgence of Swaminarayan and the dismissal thereof?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, I erred by seeing the topic at the top. This is necromancy. The young boy is perhaps 20 years old by now.