• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swaminarayan

akshar

I am a swaminarayan (already u hate me ;). I would just like tok now your views on him. I believe he and his perfect saint Gunatitanand Swami live in the Supreme abode known as Akshardham which is above everything. There are 5 supreme enteties jiva(us), ishwar(indra, kamdev etc.), brahma (gunatitanand swami), and Parabrahma (Swaminarayan bhagawan). We embrace all of Hinduism unlike what you may think, we not only respect other bhagawans but we belive them to be special as well. The Gita is still the most important for us. BAPS is the true swaminarayan sect, the Vartal sect is unclean according to recent news. Our spiritual head Pramukh Swami Maharaj, extremely humble, doesent even look at women (not in a sexist way, in order to stay away from maya). He looks like a pretty normal saint but he is different, he is very, very, very humble. He does love to joke around as well with kishores (16-20yrs) as well as the vadils. He even opened a hospital in Surat where all treatment absolutely free unless you want to pay. There are just a 1000000 of us followers and 700 sadhus.

Jai swaminarayan

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I saw you didn't really get any answers so I thought I'd write to you. Sorry about that but I'm new to the forum. I'm now reading your question. I don't really know much about the organization you speak about. I'm not from India by the way. I am a Hindu though. Hey if you are part of that organization, fantastic. If you feel a spiritual awakening with them, go for it. I understand what you mean when you said Swamiji does not look at women for reasons of Maya. No problem. However, there should also be equal respect for women within the organization. I'm not saying that there isn't. I'm just saying that it's something you should think about. You know the situation. I don't. The Atman within a man is the same as the Atman within woman. If the satsangh is such that men and women are seated separately, then that's ok if you are looking to lead a Brahmacharya's life. Personally, I don't feel comfortable when I go to a Satsangh and the men and women are seated separately. This is because I know that when I go with my parents, they like to sit together. Remember it is important for a married couple to pray together. When my fiance goes to Satsangh I don't ever want to sit separate from him. It is because of God that we are together. I love it when we pray to God together. It's like we are giving thanks together. I feel very close to my fiance (in a spiritual way) when we pray together because our love comes from God and when we love God more it is better for our relationship. As I said, it is up to you. If they have what you are looking for, then God bless. We all pray to one God. When we become free of this cycle of birth and death we are all going to the same place anyway.

akshar

The seperation is also called sthri (sorry if the spelling is wrong) purush maryada, meaning men and woman shouldn't in mandir talk to each other to do with stuff, im sure you know what i mean. We do say the according to the old vedic age hat women had a easier happer life then men, it is said always treat a woman with respect

Booko

Deviled Hen
akshar said:
Thanx for all the replies, no really thanx!

As a practical matter, when you speak in half Hindi and the users here pretty much speak English, you probably shouldn't expect a lot of replies.

This is even more so when you post in the DIR Hinduism forum, where participation of non-Hindus is very limited.

akshar

How is half of it in hindi? The hindi or gujurati things which i have typed ive explained.

Booko

Deviled Hen
akshar said:
How is half of it in hindi? The hindi or gujurati things which i have typed ive explained.
OK, it's a bit off topic here but since you asked I'll highlight the parts that are nothing like clear. But if we need to pursue this further, it'll have to be elsewhere or I'll have to moderate myself. ;)

Please don't take this as any form of criticism of your post. It most certainly isn't. This is the Hinduism forum after all -- I would never expect a Hindu to explain all his or her terms.

It's just that you seemed to think it odd that you got so few responses, while from my pov it's no surprise, because I doubt many of the users here had a clue what you were talking about anyway.

I am a swaminarayan (1))(already u hate me ;). I would just like tok now your views on him. I believe he and his perfect saint Gunatitanand Swami live in the Supreme abode known as Akshardham which is above everything.(2) There are 5 supreme enteties jiva(us), ishwar(indra, kamdev etc.), brahma (gunatitanand swami), and Parabrahma (Swaminarayan bhagawan). (3) We embrace all of Hinduism unlike what you may think, we not only respect other bhagawans but we belive them to be special as well.(4) The Gita is still the most important for us. BAPS is the true swaminarayan sect, the Vartal sect is unclean according to recent news. Our spiritual head Pramukh Swami Maharaj, extremely humble, doesent even look at women (not in a sexist way, in order to stay away from maya).(5) He looks like a pretty normal saint but he is different, he is very, very, very humble. He does love to joke around as well with kishores (16-20yrs) as well as the vadils. He even opened a hospital in Surat where all treatment absolutely free unless you want to pay. There are just a 1000000 of us followers and 700 sadhus.

1. I take this is as a follower of someone, but otherwise have no inkling what you mean by it, nor why anyone should "hate" you for it.

2. What is the "supreme abode"? That could be lots of things. Heck, it could be a really large house on a hill for all I know, though I gather from context that's not really what you meant...something sort of heavenlike? Beats me!

3. Uh...yeah, there's some English there. An "and" and an "are" mostly. :confused:

4. A bhagawan is...?

5. See italicized parts that are just incomprehensible to someone not acquainted with Hindu terms.

akshar

The jiva ishwar brahma and parabrahma are not very complicated things, all hindu scriptures explain these enteties, a hindu MUST know what a bhagawan is, it means god. Supreme abode, i think anyone could've gathered its a sort of heaven which is supreme above anything else, come on! Maya is very elementary in hinduism, it basically means addictions, the bad side of life. I understand were is wrote kishores and vadils, i should've thought a little bit more then, a kishore is between the ages of 16-20, a vadil is 60+. By the hate thing, in forums, ISCKON devotees always love to insult swaminarayan, it's a joke. Indra, kamedev are deities in hinduism, i suppsoe since i LOVE to read about hindu stories they are only mentioned there, my mistake. Oh yeah i've put are and a few words like that....Get a grip (on what)!

akshar

Hema said:
I saw you didn't really get any answers so I thought I'd write to you. Sorry about that but I'm new to the forum. I'm now reading your question. I don't really know much about the organization you speak about. I'm not from India by the way. I am a Hindu though. Hey if you are part of that organization, fantastic. If you feel a spiritual awakening with them, go for it. I understand what you mean when you said Swamiji does not look at women for reasons of Maya. No problem. However, there should also be equal respect for women within the organization. I'm not saying that there isn't. I'm just saying that it's something you should think about. You know the situation. I don't. The Atman within a man is the same as the Atman within woman. If the satsangh is such that men and women are seated separately, then that's ok if you are looking to lead a Brahmacharya's life. Personally, I don't feel comfortable when I go to a Satsangh and the men and women are seated separately. This is because I know that when I go with my parents, they like to sit together. Remember it is important for a married couple to pray together. When my fiance goes to Satsangh I don't ever want to sit separate from him. It is because of God that we are together. I love it when we pray to God together. It's like we are giving thanks together. I feel very close to my fiance (in a spiritual way) when we pray together because our love comes from God and when we love God more it is better for our relationship. As I said, it is up to you. If they have what you are looking for, then God bless. We all pray to one God. When we become free of this cycle of birth and death we are all going to the same place anyway.

P.S I'm 11 yrs old, if i had thw ability to feel a spiritual awakaning i would by now:p
But the sadhus at my mandir absoutely amazing.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Are you really eleven? I thought it was just an expression you used. Don't worry, God is love. If you really want a spiritual awakening God will give it to you. Personally I love chanting. It makes me feel closer to God. If you really are eleven, then you are really wise for your age. Anyway, God is alive in all of us no matter what our age.

akshar

Yeah, a lot people say that ;) I do feel better when im in my mandir, when i went to delhi, to see the opening of akshardham (www.akshardham.com) I was really homesick, as soon as i entered my mandir i felt instantly better. I don't know why i just cant carry on chanting for a long period of time, i can for about 2 mins. Then i remember oh yeah i was chanting then i continue.

Booko

Deviled Hen
akshar said:
The jiva ishwar brahma and parabrahma are not very complicated things, all hindu scriptures explain these enteties, a hindu MUST know what a bhagawan is, it means god. Supreme abode, i think anyone could've gathered its a sort of heaven which is supreme above anything else, come on! Maya is very elementary in hinduism, it basically means addictions, the bad side of life. I understand were is wrote kishores and vadils, i should've thought a little bit more then, a kishore is between the ages of 16-20, a vadil is 60+. By the hate thing, in forums, ISCKON devotees always love to insult swaminarayan, it's a joke. Indra, kamedev are deities in hinduism, i suppsoe since i LOVE to read about hindu stories they are only mentioned there, my mistake. Oh yeah i've put are and a few words like that....Get a grip (on what)!

Hey dude, I was a technical writer for years. You thought you were being clear. You weren't. It's really that simple, and certainly nothing personal. Some of us have had years to learn how to communicate clearly online. You're just getting started, but you'll get there with practice.

Maya: Yeah, I refer to that as "attachments" but it's essentially the same thing. And while I understood what it meant, if you're ever talking to a non-Hindu audience, don't assume that. You're still posting to mostly Westerners here. ;)

Well, now back to your regularly scheduled thread! Have fun!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I was just checking out your public profile to see if you had your age there. I read what you wrote for "occupation" Funny stuff. Really, are you eleven? You are very wise for you age then. If you want a spiritual awakening, just keep trying. When we make one step toward God, he takes ten towards us. I find that chanting and listening to bhajans help a lot.

akshar

Yes really i am, i DO NOT want to grow up, us children, we have no rights. Honestly half of us have a bigger brain then adults, especially in U.K. I dont know what these people breed, but they aint brains i can say that. Only a kid would say that he likes G-Unit, i mean look at my avatar. Will do so, thanks for the kind words.

akshar

Booko said:
Hey dude, I was a technical writer for years. You thought you were being clear. You weren't. It's really that simple, and certainly nothing personal. Some of us have had years to learn how to communicate clearly online. You're just getting started, but you'll get there with practice.

Maya: Yeah, I refer to that as "attachments" but it's essentially the same thing. And while I understood what it meant, if you're ever talking to a non-Hindu audience, don't assume that. You're still posting to mostly Westerners here. ;)

Well, now back to your regularly scheduled thread! Have fun!

Sorry if there was any trouble.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Akshar, I'm confused. You said children have no rights but you don't want to grow up. Even when you grow up you can still keep your inner child alive. I'm twenty four but I know that part of me will always be a child. I love to laugh and I hate it when people are serious all the time. I'll never get fed up of cartoons by the way.

akshar

Hema said:
Akshar, I'm confused. You said children have no rights but you don't want to grow up. Even when you grow up you can still keep your inner child alive. I'm twenty four but I know that part of me will always be a child. I love to laugh and I hate it when people are serious all the time.

Your 24, im pretty sure you can't do things which i can do, very childish things, I don't really like too much seriousness but neither do i like it when people joke tooo much. I'll protest for my rights. You might think how i would, but i would any way possible.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Well okay, I wouldn't do very childish things like play kiddie games etc. but Akshar, growing up is not all that bad. Think about it, you'll be able to stand up for your rights better and you will have more say over your own life. Enjoy life at eleven and enjoy it when you're grown up too. Every moment is a gift from God. If God has put you here then you have a purpose to fulfill. That's great that you stand up for your rights. That's very mature. Eleven is old enough to have a valid opinion. So, what really makes you not want to grow up?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
If you say you don't know then you probably don't know what to expect when you grow up. It's natural. People like to stick with what they're accustomed to. Everything that adults know now they didn't know at one point in time. You'll learn. You sound smart. Smarter than some adults I know. You asked who is Akshar? Akshar is your name. If you asked about who you are, then I would say a wonderful soul. After all, we are all souls having a temporary bodily experience. OH! I just saw your new avatar, are you on the right or the left? Or do you just have two heads? Joking.