• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swaminarayan Mahamantra

Sahjanand is a soul(or supersoul) came as Ghanshyam before 200 years. Then done the sadhana(like other many yogi's do),done some chamatkars(same like other yogi's of his time,before his time and continue till date), was worshiping krishna and was a good soul. He has gave 'swaminarayan mahamantra' after his guru 'Ramanand Swami' died. And followers of Ramanand swami has accepted him as new guru. and And some one or two sloka's of purana depicting Sahjanand Word.(then what about the whole hindu text,ved,upnishnad,vishnu purana,shiv purana etc.)

i am saying Is this proper to take him as the incarnation of vishnu?

is dashavtar wrong? is 24 avatar wrong? is bhagvat purana who is essence of all the hindu text is wrong?

Sahjananda was always saying to chant 'Narayan Kawach', where 'om namo narayan' is to be chanted is given and written than god please protect me , by worshiping one by one all 24 incarnation. But recently i have read gujarati translation of narayan kawach in one book of swaminarayan sect. they have replaced 'om namo narayan' with 'swaminarayan' and in the last also added worship of swaminarayan(or sahjanand) to protect.

As a hindu I am saying, is to add sai baba's, satya sai baba's, jalaram,sahjanand etc.( and many more to come every 50 years) is what written in hinduism?

Just to pray sahjanand as guru not GOD and big temples owes respect to ram,krishna,shiv prior to sahjananda is what required.

Sahjananda was brahmchari but our all god has wives(brahma,vishnu,mahesh) so there is no point in disallowing women's in your temples( i know many swami's here give explanation of that this is not done in our temple come in ours LOL)..

And if i agree Swaminarayan sect is not for making money then also what about misleading people? is this what sahjananda have said?

Really this murti pooja of all the man coming and going should be banned otherwise there will be no respect to hinduism at all..

All the sects have vachnamrut,shikshapatri's like swaminarayan sect have. Read all. But follow Hinduism the pure hinduism.