• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Survey: 8% of Public School Students Have Had a Teacher Lead the Class in Prayer"

Bob the Unbeliever

I just wanted to make sure that you were even. Sure, I agree it wouldn't be right. However, if it is all right for teachers to promote something other than the three R's and other proper subjects, then I would demand equal time.

Translation: 100% Christian-based biases, 0% non-christian ones, in all subjects especially biology and politics. I grew up with that-- looking back the christian bias was so blatant, so in your face, that no other had room for even a hint. It wasn't until I got to non-public education (college) that the bias became obvious... and I was a christian myself, back then....

North American christians really REALLY hate having to give up their Special Privileged Status in education.

Bob the Unbeliever

That may be true... but I see it as one. If education (which does include disciple, politeness and safety) is about giving an education on information that will help the student (reading, writing, math, history, geography etc), then let's keep "indoctrination" (which includes religion, sexual preferences, political bias) out.

So I'm talking about indoctrination, which is the macro issue, while you are looking at it with a micro view.

Sexual preferences are not indoctrination-- they are the science of biology.

Why is it? All religions seem to be deathly afraid of the facts of biology?

Are they afraid that if their children learn the truth of biology that they will begin to see the lies of religious ... indoctrination?

Bob the Unbeliever

The initial posts was just to rile up the OP who generally posts antiChristian posts - but you don’t have to believe me

Your posts were cogent and well thought out so I thought I would respond honestly

So you admit you were simply trolling? Gotcha. That certainly fits with the rest of the ugly things you post...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Translation: 100% Christian-based biases, 0% non-christian ones, in all subjects especially biology and politics. I grew up with that-- looking back the christian bias was so blatant, so in your face, that no other had room for even a hint. It wasn't until I got to non-public education (college) that the bias became obvious... and I was a christian myself, back then....

North American christians really REALLY hate having to give up their Special Privileged Status in education.
You give the appearance you are speaking through hurt.

Bob the Unbeliever

You give the appearance you are speaking through hurt.

I was hurt-- every child who was threatened with infinite torture, and told they were worth less than pond scum and deserving of infinite torture just for being born? Was irreparably harmed, mentally and emotionally by that death cult.

The fact that this systematic abuse went on for so long, without a hint of being curtailed? Is all the proof anyone could need, that Christianity has no god who is good behind any of it.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I was hurt-- every child who was threatened with infinite torture, and told they were worth less than pond scum and deserving of infinite torture just for being born? Was irreparably harmed, mentally and emotionally by that death cult.

The fact that this systematic abuse went on for so long, without a hint of being curtailed? Is all the proof anyone could need, that Christianity has no god who is good behind any of it.

I understand, but no.

It was a mischaracterization of who Jesus is and what his love is about.

I'm so sorry. Thankful that I didn't grow up in that type of wrong preaching, but sorry that you went through it.