• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

supporting, donating and campaigning for congressional campaigns not in your state.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What do people think from both a moral/ethical point and a political one is it OK to support some one in another states? I say yes since congress effects the whole country. If it were mayors or governors it might be different.

Flankerl

OT: Whenever I see these clearly delusional people who actively campaign for candidates in the US I can only come to the conclusion that they are insane. There is no other explanation for their delusion that they actually believe in the crap the Democratic or Republican candidates tell them.

Just simple insanity and like from another world.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What do people think from both a moral/ethical point and a political one is it OK to support some one in another states? I say yes since congress effects the whole country. If it were mayors or governors it might be different.
It's complicated.
Meddling in the affairs of others would be generally wrong.
But if it prevents abridging the rights some, then it's good.
Tis hard to generalize.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
It's complicated.
Meddling in the affairs of others would be generally wrong.
But if it prevents abridging the rights some, then it's good.
Tis hard to generalize.
I agree that's why I pointed out a difference between a congressional election and governor election. Meddling in the affairs of others, doesn't seem to me to capture a congressional or primary election since both have nation impact. How is who is Florida's senate not my business when they can make decisions for me/the federal level?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree that's why I pointed out a difference between a congressional election and governor election. Meddling in the affairs of others, doesn't seem to me to capture a congressional or primary election since both have nation impact. How is who is Florida's senate not my business when they can make decisions for me/the federal level?
Even in a strictly local election, I can see meddling when the pols want
to do something terrible, eg, impose rent control, oppose gay marriage.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
OT: Whenever I see these clearly delusional people who actively campaign for candidates in the US I can only come to the conclusion that they are insane. There is no other explanation for their delusion that they actually believe in the crap the Democratic or Republican candidates tell them.

Just simple insanity and like from another world.
It's interesting that you call people insane who do this. Take just voting for instance. Either your vote will or will not make a difference. Rational thinking tells you it won't. Yet the only way a candidate wins is by getting the most votes. All of those voters were crazy, thinking they would make a difference! That's why on this board I act like I am deciding the election. That is both insane and sane but it makes sense! And I have no sane clue who to vote for still besides!