• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

supply, demand, cost of production, risk

evane123

I think supply should be the first determining factor of figuring a price. I think if there is limited supply that the demand amount matters. I think figuring the supply and demand can help figure the amount of production to keep production amount cost effective. I think determining the risk should be the last factor in the price.
I think if there is a risk figured that the price should be fixed to amounts that supply and demand ecomnomics and communism economics can occur. I think the highest cause of risk could be suply and demand economics. I think supply and demand economics decline to share the procedure of supply, demand, cost of production, risk) economics. I think without the information about the procedure the risk becomes higher.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I think supply should be the first determining factor of figuring a price.
Seems to me that a much better determining factor for the price of something should be how much are people willing to pay for it....

evane123

Seems to me that a much better determining factor for the price of something should be how much are people willing to pay for it....
I think if the supply does not exist than demand does not matter. I think rigging a price might be done by controlling factors of a price

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You put a price on something that no one or few people are willing to pay, then you will be out of business.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I think supply should be the first determining factor of figuring a price. I think if there is limited supply that the demand amount matters. I think figuring the supply and demand can help figure the amount of production to keep production amount cost effective. I think determining the risk should be the last factor in the price.
I think if there is a risk figured that the price should be fixed to amounts that supply and demand ecomnomics and communism economics can occur. I think the highest cause of risk could be suply and demand economics. I think supply and demand economics decline to share the procedure of supply, demand, cost of production, risk) economics. I think without the information about the procedure the risk becomes higher.
Well that should have worked with the housing market since everyone wanted to buy a house, and builders were constructing at a mad pace. Problem was they didn't figure in your last step........risk. Sub prime loans were risky, but it was to no avail.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend evan,

supply, demand, cost of production, risk

You can stop thinking as PRICING has many systems which includes the system you wish to propose but it all depends on the marketing strategy and also on the product and market.
The few well known ones are:
Cost Plus pricing
Competitor based pricing
Promotional pricing
Penetration pricing
Price discrimination
Skimming

Could you elaborate your model is based on which product, market and the marketing strategy?? for such a pricing policy adopted.

Love & rgds

evane123

Friend evan,

You can stop thinking as PRICING has many systems which includes the system you wish to propose but it all depends on the marketing strategy and also on the product and market.
The few well known ones are:
Cost Plus pricing
Competitor based pricing
Promotional pricing
Penetration pricing
Price discrimination
Skimming

Could you elaborate your model is based on which product, market and the marketing strategy?? for such a pricing policy adopted.

Love & rgds
I think i made the policy. I think i feel similar to marx.

CaptainBritain

how much are people willing to pay for it....

A motto I live my life by except when im buying when I ask myself..How little will they accept or in certain cases I ask myself..will anybody notice this is missing.

With metal prices as high as they are I must confess quite a few van loads of left behind junk has gone missing, £4000 a ton depending on the metal and how clean it is or ie £1000 pound a van run.

Thats the kind of demand I can say im happy to supply and a good use of a free morning, pole dancers are lucky to get that for two hours work.

Same goes with 2nd hand cars,

I think desperation is the grease of commerce, ie is the seller or buyer more desperate, I buy a poorly kept car every three or four months, spend a morning making it sparkle and a day giving it internal tlc then stick at the end of the road with a sign in the window and wait.

Last one I paid 700 spent just under 200 fixing it,sold for 1400, seller was desperate for a cash injection and knew not what they had, I knew what they had but was not willing to be fair and the buyer knew what he was getting and paid a fair price for it, the desperate lost and those not so desperate gained.

Not that im clever, got desperate many times in my life and lost lots of potential money in the process.

Kind of worship money these days, feel like im trying to make up time for past mistakes with it.