• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supernatural

InfidelRiot

I sifted through ten pages without finding a thread. I could have missed it, but there is no harm in there being another one.

Who is ready for the new season beginning October third? I did not watch the show when it first aired, and I only started watching downloads from the beginning before season six was aired, but I fell in love with the show. I remember when season six was supposed to be the last season and I was watching the end of the season thinking "there's no way this is going to be the last season". I am glad it was not.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Although I never get tired of the show or the writing, I kind of hope they end it soon. I keep expecting it to go south (though it never does) and I don't want to see that happen.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The Leviathans killed my interest. Now that they are disposed of, hopefully I can get back into it.

Looking at the spoilers however, I might be mistaken.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The Leviathans killed my interest. Now that they are disposed of, hopefully I can get back into it.

Looking at the spoilers however, I might be mistaken.
I agree, they didn't add to the show. But I see the Leviathans (who inhabit the earliest part of the mythology) as a step towards introducing God as an actual character in the show, and since the writing has been so clever I'm eager to see how they accomplish that.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I agree, they didn't add to the show. But I see the Leviathans (who inhabit the earliest part of the mythology) as a step towards introducing God as an actual character in the show, and since the writing has been so clever I'm eager to see how they accomplish that.
My heart leapt when they talked of Lovecraft in connection to Purgatory. I thought the Leviathans would be like Old Ones...but once again we get supposedly monstrous but totally human-looking antagonists. Hell, even the dragons and the phoenix were human! I miss the Wendigo...

Newest commercial threw in another Word of God aka plot coupon that supposedly has instructions to close the gates of Hell forever.

Forced end anyone?

Last edited:

Poetic-Misprint

I am Dorian's Portrait
I kinda wish it ended after season 5. That would have been a powerful and sensical end, and I have a few issues with the ways plot points start up in season 6. Nor am I too happy with the current direction they're taking with Sam's character.
But nonetheless, I love Dean, and I love Cas, and the episodes haven't started making me bored yet, so I'm still a huge fan. It's easily one of my top favorite shows.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I kinda wish it ended after season 5. That would have been a powerful and sensical end, and I have a few issues with the ways plot points start up in season 6. Nor am I too happy with the current direction they're taking with Sam's character.
But nonetheless, I love Dean, and I love Cas, and the episodes haven't started making me bored yet, so I'm still a huge fan. It's easily one of my top favorite shows.
I have loved the show, but I heard they signed for a new season and I'm not sure they're pulling this one off so well. Fingers crossed.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
So what do you think it up with this new take on Castiel's life? Do you think it improves the show any to have Cas controlled by (apparently) an agent of Heaven? Will it explain why he keeps coming back?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Just gonna say: the waitress babbling to Castiel...probably the most terrifying thing I've seen in the show. Truly unsettling.