• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide notes by famous people

factseeker88

factseeker88
Suicide Notes . . .

~~ Kurt Cobain, musician, d. April 8, 1994
"Goodbye, everybody!"
Last words as he jumped off the cruise ship "Orizaba." (His body was never found.)

~~ Hart Crane, poet, d. April 27, 1932
"To my friends: My work is done. Why wait?"
~~ George Eastman, inventor, d. March 14, 1932
"Goodbye, my friend, goodbye
My love, you are in my heart.
It was preordained we should part
And be reunited by and by.
Goodbye: no handshake to endure.
Let's have no sadness -- furrowed brow.
There's nothing new in dying now
Though living is no newer."
Written in his own blood, and given to a friend the day before he hanged himself.

~~ Sergei Esenin, Russian poet, d. Dec. 28, 1925
"When all usefulness is over, when one is assured of an unavoidable and imminent death, it is the simplest of human rights to choose a quick and easy death in place of a slow and horrible one."
~~ Charlotte Perkins Gilman, writer, d. August 17, 1935
( As an advocate for the right-to-die, Gilman committed suicide on August 17, 1935 by taking an overdose of chloroform. She "chose chloroform over cancer.")
"Lets see if this will do it."
~~ Jon Erik Hexum, actor, d. October 18, 1984
"All fled--all done, so lift me on the pyre;
The feast is over, and the lamps expire."
~~ Robert E. Howard, writer, d. June 11, 1936
"And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you're about to see another first - an attempted suicide."
Shot himself during broadcast.

~~ Chris Chubbuck, newscaster, d. July 15, 1974
"Don't worry, it's not loaded."
Suicide playing Russian roulette.

~~ Terry Kath, rock musician, d. January 23, 1978
"They tried to get me - I got them first!"
Suicide by drinking Lysol.

~~ Vachel Lindsay, poet, d. December 4, 1931
"I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do with this. My decision totally."
~~ Freddie Prinze, comedian, d. January 29, 1977
"Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck."
~~ George Sanders, British actor, d. April 25, 1972
"When I am dead, and over me bright April
Shakes out her rain drenched hair,
Tho you should lean above me broken hearted,
I shall not care.
For I shall have peace.
As leafey trees are peaceful
When rain bends down the bough.
And I shall be more silent and cold hearted
Than you are now."

~~ Sara Teasdale, poet, d. 1933
"Football Season Is Over.
No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always ******. No Fun for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax This won't hurt."

~~ Lupe Velez, actress, d. December 13, 1944 "The future is just old age and illness and pain.... I must have peace and this is the only way."

~~ James Whale, film director, d. May 29, 1957
"I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time."

"I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go thru another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices"
~~ Virginia Woolf, author, d. March 28, 1941

The dread of what will happen next seems to be the common thread.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
:facepalm:

Since you got Kurt Cobain's so wrong, i am not going to bother with the rest.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
:facepalm:

Since you got Kurt Cobain's so wrong, i am not going to bother with the rest.
Didn't he blow his head off? (Not that there was that much inside, really.)

Yep

Kurt Cobain was found with a shotgun across his body, had a visible head wound and there was a suicide note discovered nearby.
<Source>

Sort of odd for someone calling themselves factseeker to promote disinformation...

Last edited:

McBell

Didn't he blow his head off? (Not that there was that much inside, really.)

A shot gun was used.

It is still up in the air, at least in some parts, as to who pulled the trigger.

McBell

Sort of odd for someone calling themselves factseeker to promote disinformation...

I wonder if we were to start a petition to have his screen name changed to one that is not such a blatant lie if it would help?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I wonder if we were to start a petition to have his screen name changed to one that is not such a blatant lie if it would help?
We could do it on the White House website and aim for 100K then the administration would have to weigh in too. I can almost see Obama in the Rose Garden now...

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
~~ Abraham Lincoln, President, d. Apr. 15, 1865
"Holy Toledo, Mary! You should've seen the size of the dump I just took!"
Last words as before being shot in the head.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe not an intentional suicide...

Billy Bob Ray Jack from Pennsyltucky:
"Hey! Y'all! Watch this!"

Viker

Häxan
"Do ya wanna die?!" (Just before throwing himself into a large turbine engine-he managed one last guitar solo first)Jeff Hanneman, guitarist for Slayer (May 2, 2013)

Why is this in the general section and not the joke section?

Alt Thinker

Older than the hills
Rich Little -
"Do you know what it's like to face death and have someone else's entire life flash before your eyes?"

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The dread of what will happen next seems to be the common thread.
I don't get that comment. What do you mean? Seems like most of them were like "so long, outta here." without any consideration or dread, or do you mean they dreaded what was coming happens next in life, not the beyond?

MattersOfTheHeart

"Do ya wanna die?!" (Just before throwing himself into a large turbine engine-he managed one last guitar solo first)Jeff Hanneman, guitarist for Slayer (May 2, 2013)

Why is this in the general section and not the joke section?
sacrileage I tell ya to mock the great guitar god...

Seriously though he was amazing!

MattersOfTheHeart

He sure was awesome. We can thank him for Reign In Blood, that was mostly his baby.
I was blessed today by the surprise hearing of "Inner Me" by Sepultura on AOL radio then followed by two Slayer songs.
Mind you I don't listen to music much these days, and I felt like I had been reunited with an old friend hearing those songs. I was like WOO HOOOOO and increased the speed of my car a tiny bit. Oh yeah, I'm dangerous like that.

factseeker88

factseeker88
I don't get that comment. What do you mean? Seems like most of them were like "so long, outta here." without any consideration or dread, or do you mean they dreaded what was coming happens next in life, not the beyond?

Next is about having nothing left to live for, a fixation they can't overcome, not depression.