• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suggestions for a new Satanist?

Hi Guys. Im new to this forum. Hope all of you are well. In an odd way, I feel like I know some of you since Ive been lurking these forums for quite some time.

Anyway, I have a general question that Im sure has been asked dozens of times.

Im very interested in Satanism. Ive only read THE SATANIC BIBLE, and there a lot things I like about it. However, part of me feels drawn to a more theistic deity of Satan. The problem is....Im confused. In other words, I havent really decided what my basic beliefs on Satanism are yet.

So, that brings me to my question: Where should I start?

At this point I am interested in both atheistic and theistic aspects of Satanism. I am also interested in Luciferianism as well.

Im my mind, I feel the best thing for me to do is to research all the different aspects of Satanism and decide which path is right for me.

So, can anyone recommend and good books, links, blogs, etc on many different aspects of Satanism?

Also, just curious, are you an atheistic or theistic Satanist? Thanks for your time! :)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I do not hold very traditional views on Satanism but I have been one in the past and primarily stuck to Luciferianism. The Satanic Bible is mildly interesting but being a big fan of good religious text I frankly find it to be dull and to the greater extent crappy(no offense). I just find no use for mockery, that it what theology is for.
Luciferianism on the theistic side is entirely about the aspect of knowledge and enlightenment. Hellenic concepts are very common such as the titan Prometheus. Other deities like Earendel, Phosphorus, Saraswati or my favorite al-Kutbay also represent the idea of Lucifer. I guess you can say that theistic Luciferianism is not the acknowledgement of Lucifer but the collective theologies of mankind which have always prized wisdom in relation to god.
This alone make it a Left Hand Path theology and philosophy because knowledge is the anti-thesis to religions like Christianity or Islam for example. The gates of wisdom have shut for many religions when they found out knowledge does not favor them. Luciferianism strongly endorses naturalism and natural theology as this is the Luciferian text of sort. This is why it never contradicts itself.

@saint_frankenstein

Thank you so much for all the info! I have seen some of these links before, although I'll admit I haven't really "studied" all of them - I shall do so.

I have a question for you, what are you core beliefs on Satan? What is your philosophy? I ask because I'm finding it very hard to find info about theistic satanism. I feel more drawn to Satan as a deity, but I'd like to be able to study and know more about him. Any advice?

Thanks again!

I do not hold very traditional views on Satanism but I have been one in the past and primarily stuck to Luciferianism. The Satanic Bible is mildly interesting but being a big fan of good religious text I frankly find it to be dull and to the greater extent crappy(no offense). I just find no use for mockery, that it what theology is for.
Luciferianism on the theistic side is entirely about the aspect of knowledge and enlightenment. Hellenic concepts are very common such as the titan Prometheus. Other deities like Earendel, Phosphorus, Saraswati or my favorite al-Kutbay also represent the idea of Lucifer. I guess you can say that theistic Luciferianism is not the acknowledgement of Lucifer but the collective theologies of mankind which have always prized wisdom in relation to god.
This alone make it a Left Hand Path theology and philosophy because knowledge is the anti-thesis to religions like Christianity or Islam for example. The gates of wisdom have shut for many religions when they found out knowledge does not favor them. Luciferianism strongly endorses naturalism and natural theology as this is the Luciferian text of sort. This is why it never contradicts itself.

Thanks for your reply! I've only read the satanic bible by Levay and I view his philosophy as a positive one. However, I agree a lot of it isn't something I view as religious text. Too be honest, I have a hard time understanding why he calls him self a satanist at all when he doesn't even believe in Satan.

Can you recommend andy good texts on theistic Luciferianism? I've seen books by Michael W Ford, but he's written so many I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Thanks for your reply! I've only read the satanic bible by Levay and I view his philosophy as a positive one. However, I agree a lot of it isn't something I view as religious text. Too be honest, I have a hard time understanding why he calls him self a satanist at all when he doesn't even believe in Satan.

Can you recommend andy good texts on theistic Luciferianism? I've seen books by Michael W Ford, but he's written so many I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks!

To be honest I never got involved in Luciferianism through Luciferian texts. There is no holy writ for Luciferianism nor Satanism just basic ideas and individual theologies.
I got involved by reading a book from Thomas Paine called The Age of Reason. It is an enlightenment theological book about Deism, natural theology and enlightenment theology. I disagree with many of the conclusions made by Deists though such as the nature of god being wholly benevolent which is how I got into Luciferianism years ago and eventually pagan reconstructionism.
I recommend to read the book because it goes into great detail about natural theology and how to apply reason to god which is 90% of Luciferianism. The issue is the conclusion drastically differ afterwards and branch out. I like Michael W Ford but he provides his own views about Luciferianism only. He is only trying to offer one specific theology.
I have a very strong interest in Semitic theology like Michael Ford but specifically in Arabian mythos(I am an ex-Muslim so it came about naturally).

I will break down into this: Luciferianism is the application of 2 gods. One is your inner God(I prefer soul) which allows us to perceive an external God(Panentheistic Deity). Our soul is given the greatest gift by god which is reason. Reason is a praxis of Luciferians and the only true "duty" of a Luciferianism. Anton LaVey said the same for Satanism as he despised people with the inability to reason as Satan represents "undefiled wisdom". Luciferians just place a massive emphasis on this as we assume that it solves all other issues. Think of Lucifer/Satan as the adversary to the enemy of mankind. The greatest enemy to mankind is ignorance and this is what religions tried stopping but only ended up creating false knowledge. A Luciferian thinks of Lucifer as the opposer to ignorance and stupidity.
I am very picky on this I may add. I regard any natural theology as a theology and not a religion because a theology is the "Study of God" not the subservience to god. Daoism, Satanism, Deism, Buddhism, Hinduism(Brahmo Samaj), Paganism(depends on the type), and Luciferianism are all theologies not religions. They encourage the application of wisdom and not subservience. Subservience can come after wisdom or not at all if you so wish.
I hope this helps. Be sure to ask me many questions because I just dug up an old journal of Luciferian texts from my drawer :D. I actually stopped being a Luciferian for years because of the whole Project Wathan(Arabian Paganism). Now I have finished it.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
@saint_frankenstein

Thank you so much for all the info! I have seen some of these links before, although I'll admit I haven't really "studied" all of them - I shall do so.

You're welcome, man. :)

I have a question for you, what are you core beliefs on Satan? What is your philosophy? I ask because I'm finding it very hard to find info about theistic satanism. I feel more drawn to Satan as a deity, but I'd like to be able to study and know more about him. Any advice?

Thanks again!
I am a polytheistic Satanist. I came up with my own concept of Satanism from my own interpretations and study of mythology, history, psychology and the occult. My views are somewhat dualistic because I see that in many or most world mythologies, there is usually a set of law giving deities that impose rigid rules of conduct and carry out punishments and then there are a set of deities are more rebellious and "oppose" the law giving deities. Examples of this would be Zeus opposing the Titans (especially Typhon), Ra, Ma'at and Osiris opposing Apep and (later on) Set, Enlil opposing Enki, Marduk opposing Tiamat, Odin opposing Loki and, in our own culture, Yahweh/"god" opposing Satan, etc.

Basically, I choose to side with the more rebellious deities Who have been, in my view, unfairly maligned. These deities often represent things that scare most people, such as Destruction and Chaos. But they also represent autonomy, self-determination, paradigm shifting, self-illumination, forbidden knowledge, self-empowerment, etc. In other words, they're like a rowdy group of anarchists Who fight against oppressive authorities. They cannot be tamed and They encourage individualism and rebellion against social norms. They also tend to have trickster characteristics. But They also are usually said to offer knowledge to humans that the law-giving Gods don't want us to have. So They are knowledge and Wisdom Gods, as well.

Anyway, I call myself a Satanist because Satan is the primary God of this sort in Western culture, as He is the primary opposition of the god of the Abrahamic religions. He has many names according to the various Abrahamic traditions. They're all really just titles, though.

I personally take a more devotional outlook, as opposed to practicing ritual magick. I believe in honoring the Gods. As such, I call myself a Devil Worshiper.

I used to be more of a LaVeyan until I got sick of it (not to mention bored) and went my own way.

To learn more about Satan, the best thing you can do is study! Start with the sites I've listed (especially Diane Vera's site) and never stop learning. Do not accept anyone's words as truth and question everything.

Last edited:
To be honest I never got involved in Luciferianism through Luciferian texts. There is no holy writ for Luciferianism nor Satanism just basic ideas and individual theologies.
I got involved by reading a book from Thomas Paine called The Age of Reason. It is an enlightenment theological book about Deism, natural theology and enlightenment theology. I disagree with many of the conclusions made by Deists though such as the nature of god being wholly benevolent which is how I got into Luciferianism years ago and eventually pagan reconstructionism.
I recommend to read the book because it goes into great detail about natural theology and how to apply reason to god which is 90% of Luciferianism. The issue is the conclusion drastically differ afterwards and branch out. I like Michael W Ford but he provides his own views about Luciferianism only. He is only trying to offer one specific theology.
I have a very strong interest in Semitic theology like Michael Ford but specifically in Arabian mythos(I am an ex-Muslim so it came about naturally).

I will break down into this: Luciferianism is the application of 2 gods. One is your inner God(I prefer soul) which allows us to perceive an external God(Panentheistic Deity). Our soul is given the greatest gift by god which is reason. Reason is a praxis of Luciferians and the only true "duty" of a Luciferianism. Anton LaVey said the same for Satanism as he despised people with the inability to reason as Satan represents "undefiled wisdom". Luciferians just place a massive emphasis on this as we assume that it solves all other issues. Think of Lucifer/Satan as the adversary to the enemy of mankind. The greatest enemy to mankind is ignorance and this is what religions tried stopping but only ended up creating false knowledge. A Luciferian thinks of Lucifer as the opposer to ignorance and stupidity.
I am very picky on this I may add. I regard any natural theology as a theology and not a religion because a theology is the "Study of God" not the subservience to god. Daoism, Satanism, Deism, Buddhism, Hinduism(Brahmo Samaj), Paganism(depends on the type), and Luciferianism are all theologies not religions. They encourage the application of wisdom and not subservience. Subservience can come after wisdom or not at all if you so wish.
I hope this helps. Be sure to ask me many questions because I just dug up an old journal of Luciferian texts from my drawer :D. I actually stopped being a Luciferian for years because of the whole Project Wathan(Arabian Paganism). Now I have finished it.

Ok, just so Im clear...Lucifer in Luciferianism theology would represent wisdom, and opposing stupidity....much like Levay talks about carving your own path in a sense and not being subjected to the rules of Christianity (and any other religion I suppose). Am I correct in saying this?

But I have to as a question; when does the whole aspect of viewing Lucifer or Satan as a deity come into play? I guess I get confused because while I agree with the principles of opposing stupidity, carving your own path, etc......but in the end it seems like atheism with a set of guidelines or rules. I understand that in Christianity, Satan may represent the foundation of a lot of Levay's (and perhaps Luciferian) beliefs, but if you call your self a Satanist or a Luiciferian....wouldnt that imply that have a belief in Satan of Lucifer? Or does Lucifer or Satan simply represent a philosophy/ideology?

See, maybe its because I grew up in a Christian household, but anytime I hear the term Lucifer or Satan, my mind thinks of a deity. I dont think that Satan represents evil, or the ruler of some hell, but I believe he would be an actual deity.

So, if the modern day Levayan Satanist does not believe in Satan, why bring Satan into the equation at all? Why not just call yourself an atheist?

Feel free to tear my apart, I clearly have not studied enough to answer my own questions.

You're welcome, man. :)

I am a polytheistic Satanist. I came up with my own concept of Satanism from my own interpretations and study of mythology, history, psychology and the occult. My views are somewhat dualistic because I see that in many or most world mythologies, there is usually a set of law giving deities that impose rigid rules of conduct and carry out punishments and then there are a set of deities are more rebellious and "oppose" the law giving deities. Examples of this would be Zeus opposing the Titans (especially Typhon), Ra, Ma'at and Osiris opposing Apep and (later on) Set, Enlil opposing Enki, Marduk opposing Tiamat, Odin opposing Loki and, in our own culture, Yahweh/"god" opposing Satan, etc.

Basically, I choose to side with the more rebellious deities Who have been, in my view, unfairly maligned. These deities often represent things that scare most people, such as Destruction and Chaos. But they also represent autonomy, self-determination, paradigm shifting, self-illumination, forbidden knowledge, self-empowerment, etc. In other words, they're like a rowdy group of anarchists Who fight against oppressive authorities. They cannot be tamed and They encourage individualism and rebellion against social norms. They also tend to have trickster characteristics. But They also are usually said to offer knowledge to humans that the law-giving Gods don't want us to have. So They are knowledge and Wisdom Gods, as well.

Anyway, I call myself a Satanist because Satan is the primary God of this sort in Western culture, as He is the primary opposition of the god of the Abrahamic religions. He has many names according to the various Abrahamic traditions. They're all really just titles, though.

I personally take a more devotional outlook, as opposed to practicing ritual magick. I believe in honoring the Gods. As such, I call myself a Devil Worshiper.

I used to be more of a LaVeyan until I got sick of it (not to mention bored) and went my own way.

To learn more about Satan, the best thing you can do is study! Start with the sites I've listed (especially Diane Vera's site) and never stop learning. Do not accept anyone's words as truth and question everything.

Yes! What you said makes complete sense to me. When I read the Satanic Bible years ago (I need to reread it), I agreed with a lot of what Levay had to say. His principles spoke to me and in general were something I agreed with. But as I mentioned earlier, ...in the end it all seemed like some radical form of atheism. When you said you believe in Satan because he is the primary opposer, that speaks to me. That makes more sense too me that Levays idea of Satan.

But heres my problem. First off let me say (as you know) Im no expert on Satanism, so feel free to tell me I need to study more. But even though I have this core belief that Satan is a real deity, Im having a hard time completely understanding if what I believe is true or not. Im mean...how do I know if he is real or not? Maybe Levay is right, though I tend to think he isnt. Does that make sense?

Much like you said "question everything", I even question the existence of Satan, though I suppose I do have more of a "faith" in him than hard proof.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Ok, just so Im clear...Lucifer in Luciferianism theology would represent wisdom, and opposing stupidity....much like Levay talks about carving your own path in a sense and not being subjected to the rules of Christianity (and any other religion I suppose). Am I correct in saying this?

Well you are not trying to oppose people who are religious but you are suppose to oppose what religions represent. Anything that is anti-human is anti-Luciferian. Not all religions do this which is why I made exceptions for things like Buddhism and Hinduism, most Satanists I have known i the past enjoy these religions even though they do not believe in them.
This is a masisve difference between Luciferian thinking and Satanic thinking actually. Luciferians oppose mental aspects such as particular ethics or ignorance while Satanists will stick a "I hate god" sign in front of a church.
Luciferians are interested in metaphysical aspects of all things such as knowledge or the lack there of.
Satanists are materialistic hedonist while Luciferians are intellectual hedonists.

But I have to as a question; when does the whole aspect of viewing Lucifer or Satan as a deity come into play? I guess I get confused because while I agree with the principles of opposing stupidity, carving your own path, etc......but in the end it seems like atheism with a set of guidelines or rules. I understand that in Christianity, Satan may represent the foundation of a lot of Levay's (and perhaps Luciferian) beliefs, but if you call your self a Satanist or a Luiciferian....wouldnt that imply that have a belief in Satan of Lucifer? Or does Lucifer or Satan simply represent a philosophy/ideology?

This part is entirely up to you and this is what differs. When I was a Luciferian years ago I paid no attention to theism and afterwards I moved on and started studying Semitic mythology and Hinduism(was worth it).
Luciferians become pagans at this point because theistic Luciferianism is ultra paganish. I knew a Russian girl who was a theistic Satanist/Luciferian(she did not care for titles) and she had to keep arguing over this because theistic Luciferianism can become very pagan at times.

Theistic Luciferians approach theism this way:

Look at as many mythologies as possible and learn the attributes and natures as many gods as possible. Realize which gods embody aspects of Lucifer and go from there. It all comes down to what you want from a deity and how would you go about having a relationship with that deity.

I am a former Hindu and Muslim so I find that individuality is negative. To a Hindu, loss of individuality, free will and self is a bonus because it allows you to be god. To a Luciferian, Lucifer/Satan is the pinnacle of knowledge and might so to me "possession" is a good thing ;).
I use my past religious affiliation to make meaning of Luciferian theism. The main issue for me is that I have not identified as a Luciferian in years so I am just gathering a bunch of psychotic scribbling together :p.

See, maybe its because I grew up in a Christian household, but anytime I hear the term Lucifer or Satan, my mind thinks of a deity. I dont think that Satan represents evil, or the ruler of some hell, but I believe he would be an actual deity.

Ha-Satan is the enemy of Elohim, the enemy of ignorance and the adversary of evil. I will help you with this.

Something to put something in perspective: Dwindling In Unbelief: Who has killed more, Satan or God?

God int he Bible has specifically killed 2,476,633 people(not counting the flood and millions more not given a quantity) and Satan has killed only 10 people in the Bible.

Satan opposes this as he is the adversary. Satan opposes rape also:
"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."(Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

So, if the modern day Levayan Satanist does not believe in Satan, why bring Satan into the equation at all? Why not just call yourself an atheist?

This has been my big gripe with LaVeyan Satanism because it has become a social club. LaVeyan Satanist are anti-theist meaning they "oppose" or are "adversaries" to religion and they use Satanism as a spooky title. You do not need a philosophy nor religion to preach hedonism, we are hedonists by default.

Feel free to tear my apart, I clearly have not studied enough to answer my own questions.

Dude, you are asking good questions. When I tear apart arguments I ensure that I devour my opponents souls. Delicious, immortal, tasty souls
rryumy.gif

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Thank you! Ill be reading these! Im really glad I found this site, so much useful information!

No problem. Feel free to message me with any questions as well. I believe it's hooked up to my email so I should generally respond fast.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes! What you said makes complete sense to me. When I read the Satanic Bible years ago (I need to reread it), I agreed with a lot of what Levay had to say. His principles spoke to me and in general were something I agreed with. But as I mentioned earlier, ...in the end it all seemed like some radical form of atheism. When you said you believe in Satan because he is the primary opposer, that speaks to me. That makes more sense too me that Levays idea of Satan.

But heres my problem. First off let me say (as you know) Im no expert on Satanism, so feel free to tell me I need to study more. But even though I have this core belief that Satan is a real deity, Im having a hard time completely understanding if what I believe is true or not. Im mean...how do I know if he is real or not? Maybe Levay is right, though I tend to think he isnt. Does that make sense?

Much like you said "question everything", I even question the existence of Satan, though I suppose I do have more of a "faith" in him than hard proof.

Theism is such a broad term, it can mean just about anything. Basically, as long as you think Satan is something more than just a symbol, you could be a theist. Theistic Satanists have beliefs ranging from pantheism to monotheism to polytheism. Some just see Satan as a sort of force or energy that isn't necessarily a conscious being but something to be tapped into. Some use the fallen angel idea. Others, like me, are hard polytheists who view Satan as a full-fledged God and intelligent Being Who takes many different forms and answers to different names. It's all a matter of subjective perception.

I actually thought all my beliefs out, rather than having some major spiritual experience. I prefer to take a more intellectual approach to my beliefs than relying on numinous experiences. I'm an animist that believes that everything has an eternal consciousness that goes through cycles of life, death and rebirth. Sentient beings have the opportunity to evolve their consciousness through this cycle. The omega point of this path of evolution is Godhood. So it stands to reason that some beings have reached this stage. Satan is one of the Beings I believe has reached this stage and He has taken it upon Himself, along with some allied deities, to help humans reach the same stage of development.

That's my opinion, though. You have to form your own viewpoint on it. I've tried atheism but that's usually when I get bogged down in semantic and theological wrangling. It has its uses because periods of atheism allow you to take a step back and reevaluate your beliefs. But then I end up returning to my idea of theism.

To be honest, after reading LaVeyan Satanist writings, I'm skeptical that they actually are atheists since there's a lot of talk of Satan being a sort of force to be tapped, which is really a sort of pantheism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Satanists will stick a "I hate god" sign in front of a church.

Yeah, the immature ones. I have no use for such silliness.

Satanists are materialistic hedonist while Luciferians are intellectual hedonists.

I find that that is another form of immature Satanism and that, after a period of study and practice, you "grow up" and move on from boorish materialistic hedonism.

Theism is such a broad term, it can mean just about anything. Basically, as long as you think Satan is something more than just a symbol, you could be a theist. Theistic Satanists have beliefs ranging from pantheism to monotheism to polytheism. Some just see Satan as a sort of force or energy that isn't necessarily a conscious being but something to be tapped into. Some use the fallen angel idea. Others, like me, are hard polytheists who view Satan as a full-fledged God and intelligent Being Who takes many different forms and answers to different names. It's all a matter of subjective perception.

I actually thought all my beliefs out, rather than having some major spiritual experience. I prefer to take a more intellectual approach to my beliefs than relying on numinous experiences. I'm an animist that believes that everything has an eternal consciousness that goes through cycles of life, death and rebirth. Sentient beings have the opportunity to evolve their consciousness through this cycle. The omega point of this path of evolution is Godhood. So it stands to reason that some beings have reached this stage. Satan is one of the Beings I believe has reached this stage and He has taken it upon Himself, along with some allied deities, to help humans reach the same stage of development.

That's my opinion, though. You have to form your own viewpoint on it. I've tried atheism but that's usually when I get bogged down in semantic and theological wrangling. It has its uses because periods of atheism allow you to take a step back and reevaluate your beliefs. But then I end up returning to my idea of theism.

To be honest, after reading LaVeyan Satanist writings, I'm skeptical that they actually are atheists since there's a lot of talk of Satan being a sort of force to be tapped, which is really a sort of pantheism.

I really like your more intellectual approach. Thats kind of how I feel as well. I feel I need to study many different aspects of Satanism before I come to my own conclusion. Ive decided to re-read TSB, and study some of the links you provided before. Im finding some useful information, so thank you for providing the links. I even found an old book I bought years ago but never read called SATANISM AND WITCHCRAFT by Jules Michelet. Its not really about worshiping Satan, it about Satanic superstition in medieval times. While it doesnt really offer anything I can base my beliefs on, its an interesting perspective to learn about.

I also tend to agree with what youre saying about Levay being more pantheistic. He does talk a lot about dark forces of nature, rather than simply saying "there is no God".

I guess my next step is to study, study, study! Im lucky I like to read because I have a lot of reading on my plate, lol

But I have an odd question (maybe youll understand what Im talking about). What drew me to Satanism initially wasnt a desire to conjure up evil spirits or sacrifice any living being. I spent most my life as an atheist but but for many years I spent my life simply drawn to Satan. Like I said, not because of anything evil, but simply a feeling I would get...a "presence" I would feel. I had no information to base this feeling off of, its just a way I would feel. Levay always said that Satanists are "born not made". Im not sure I agree with that, but judging by this feeling Ive been having over the past few years of my life - that seemingly has come out of nowhere - maybe he has a valid point. Ive just naturally felt myself more and more interested in Satan as a deity. Does any of this make sense or do I sound nuts? lol

What drew you to Satanism?

Last edited:
@Sha'irullah for some reason I cant quote your post.

Anyway, are there any good texts on Luciferianism in general? As I mentioned earlier, Im curious about Michael W Fords books, but Im not sure where to start. Are there any other books besides his? Also, I would like to learn more about Hinduism and Paganism since I always see Paganism mentioned when I research Satanism. Any advice there?

Also, your quote kinda makes Satan sound like the good guy, no?

kerriscott

Im very interested in Satanism. Ive only read THE SATANIC BIBLE
I'd suggest you also read some O9A (Order of Nine Angles) material which will give you a rather 'heretical' alternative to both the LaVey type satanism of the 'Satanic Bible' and those who describe themselves as, or who have been described as, 'theistic satanists, such as Aquino's Temple of Set.

The Wikipedia article about the Order of Nine Angles presents a reasonably good overview and would be a good place to start.

I'd suggest you also read some O9A (Order of Nine Angles) material which will give you a rather 'heretical' alternative to both the LaVey type satanism of the 'Satanic Bible' and those who describe themselves as, or who have been described as, 'theistic satanists, such as Aquino's Temple of Set.

The Wikipedia article about the Order of Nine Angles presents a reasonably good overview and would be a good place to start.

I actually ordered a copy of THE SINISTER TRADITION and have read the wiki page before. Im curious to learn more about them, but theres too much negative controversy behind them that I highly doubt its an ideology Id be interested in following. There seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors surrounding them and Ive heard about them having ties to neo-nazi beliefs as well as advocating culling. Not something I agree with or are interested in at all. That said, Im still curious to learn about them out of mere curiosity.