• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sufis

Mujahid Mohammed

john313 said:
what about specifically as an aid for meditation and "entering the barzakh". in reading about marajuana, it does not really have negative effects, so why would it be haram if it is not being abused as a drug?
Remember Allah states no intoxicants or somethings that alters the mind or body chemically which has has not said is halal under certain conditions. Plus it is the opinion of most well respected sholars that it is forbidden and we are to respect them because they are the inheritors of the knowledge hence the closest to Allah

Salam

Mujahid Mohammed

michel said:
I find it so sad when people find it impossible to be tollerant of others' religious faiths. From my own little knowledge, I have never come across a faith that commands it's followers to harm or taunt those of another faith. I believe that the intollerance creeps in through bad translation, political motives, whatever.:)
I agree especially when these suttle differences cause division and hatred and the wolf always get the sheep who stray.

john313

warrior-poet
i recently got to study and "hang out" with some sufis for a few days. they were extremely generous and kind people. they were always helping others and studying and meditating. it was very enlightening and i would recommend spending some time with sufis to anyone who has the chance.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
john313 said:
i have met many sufi's and none of them call on holy men. they only call on Allah for guidance. some people misunderstand what is being said or done as they do not have a high enough level of perception to understand, these people are quick to call the sufi's all kafirs which is a grave mistake. according to you, calling Allah by the pronoun "he" is shirk (this is immediately after you refer to Allah as "himself"). this is not true. Allah has many names, who are you to say what Allah has or has not called "himself"?
your statement is a slander on sufis and is false. do not slander what you do not understand.
Allah has 99 names and it's not allowed in Islam to bring some other names for Allah more than what he mentioned to us.

john313

warrior-poet
The Truth said:
Allah has 99 names and it's not allowed in Islam to bring some other names for Allah more than what he mentioned to us.
salaam,
i refuse to limit Allah by saying there are only 99 names/attributes to describe "him". i do not limit Allah in any way.
i do not remember reading in the quran that Allah is limited to 99 names, do you know the verse?

wa salaam