• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Substance

to wilomena hi,,reply to your post of 12/22,,,"do ideas have substance",,good question! You see how this reflects upon definition. If an idea is a corporeal thing,, then as John Wayne wld say "not likely pilgrim" Ideas are immaterial,they exist in the mind initally. Sure they can be put down on paper ,or in execution,,but they are a part of the spiritual function of humanity. Now if we say a substance is that which exists ,,,then I wld say ideas are substance as they exis. It's all in the definition,thats why it's important to define your terms....harley d.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
to wilomena hi,,reply to your post of 12/22,,,"do ideas have substance",,good question! You see how this reflects upon definition. If an idea is a corporeal thing,, then as John Wayne wld say "not likely pilgrim" Ideas are immaterial,they exist in the mind initally. Sure they can be put down on paper ,or in execution,,but they are a part of the spiritual function of humanity. Now if we say a substance is that which exists ,,,then I wld say ideas are substance as they exis. It's all in the definition,thats why it's important to define your terms....harley d.
Then what are immaterial ideas made of? Spirit? Wouldn't spirit then be the 'substance' of ideas? Thought? Same question... Information? Same question...

Freelancer7

material idea, immaterial idea. What wood one be looking for in the answer to the created thought, is it for inner happines or for physical happines where the created thought has to become physical for the answer to be shown, where an immaterialthougt that is for the soul does not hav eto be impilmented in the physical world.

In Love we protect, we create, we become divine in thought.